Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Petition to PM

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
I've not seen this thread until now and I missed whatever mention of this petition there might have been earlier.

I don't want to discourage anyone from banging the drum for Falmer, but has this idea of a petition been fully thought through?

The main thrust of the campaign at the moment is the Postcard to Ruth Kelly initiative. There are other ideas that are being developed by the Falmer For All team - including a national campaign that will be launched shortly. With those things going on, I'm not sure that FFA has the resources to do everything that is necessary to make a petition as effective as it could be.

The last thing we want is to feed crumbs of comfort to our enemies. But I am fearful that we might see a press release from David Neighbour to the effect that the Falmer campaign has run out of steam ... something along the lines of "Three years ago, the Albion claimed that over 60,000 people actively supported the Falmer campaign. Now that Lewes District Council has pointed out what's wrong with Falmer, support for the stadium has plummeted. Only x hundred people have signed the latest petition".

Sorry. This sounds really negative. But the strength of the campaign has always been organisation and timing.

you cant stop any Brighton fan doing whatever he or she wishes in order to get the point across, who made the Falmer For All team God anyway?
Dont get me wrong, I agree with the FFA approach and of course fully support it, but in todays society there is nothing from stopping any Albion fan doing whatever they like in getting our stadium.

oh and I'm still awaiting confirmation...hotmail too.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
FalmerforAll!** said:
All you hotmail people,it comes in your junk email folder

no it does'nt :wave:

or at least has'nt yet...and I did it about 2 1/2 hours ago now

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
make this a sticky till the 14th

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Lord Bracknell said:
... which is PRECISELY what the Falmer For All team will be doing shortly. But not using a petition.

Good stuff. :clap:

I have a very good contact (Friend and ex-flatmate) at Walsall FC if you need someone. I am assuming that you have the contacts already, but he is involved in security (I believe, through his own company) and has been a STH/programme seller for 15 years.

Marc said:
you cant stop any Brighton fan doing whatever he or she wishes in order to get the point across, who made the Falmer For All team God anyway?
Dont get me wrong, I agree with the FFA approach and of course fully support it, but in todays society there is nothing from stopping any Albion fan doing whatever they like in getting our stadium.
Of course.

All I would say is that FFA have access to a lot of very well informed advice - not all of which we share in public forums like this.

No-one is acting like God.

Last edited:

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Done!

Nearly 200, but should be 2,000, why not aim for 20,000!

Keep this at the top! Get it "Sticky"!

EXPIRES 14th FEBRUARY - get your name in!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zego

Jul 10, 2003
Current progress, current petitions, position by number of signatures so far:

No 265 - Don't Scrap the planned vehicle tracking and road pricing policy Tim Lewis 11 March 2007 180 sigs

No 266 - Help get a stadium at Falmer Brighton And Hove Albion Stewart Simmonds 14 February 2007 180 sigs

No 267 - Keep HP Sauce In Britain Gary Blake 15 May 2007 177 sigs

Come on - we'll never get promoted if we are only 3 votes ahead of HP Sauce!

If everybody who has voted so far gets 2 more to vote, and they in turn get 2 more, then in 7 days we would be up to 23040 (180 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2 x 2), less than we get to turn out for play-offs

zego said:
Done!

Nearly 200, but should be 2,000, why not aim for 20,000!
For the reasons already spelled out by several of us on this thread.

I am seriously worried that, even if we got 2,000 signatures, this petition will be thrown back at us by Neighbour and his cronies with an accusation that "support for the stadium had faded away".

We've already petitioned Downing Street with 61,452 signatures.

downingstreet.jpg

Last edited:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Lord Bracknell said:
For the reasons already spelled out by several of us on this thread.

I am seriously worried that, even if we got 2,000 signatures, this petition will be thrown back at us by Neighbour and his cronies with an accusation that "support for the stadium had faded away".

We've already petitioned Downing Street with 61,452 signatures.

downingstreet.jpg

I can fully understand that the figures could be turned from 61,000 to 2,000 so it could be said that support is diminishing but it would be argued that the 61,000 was supporters in general throughout a large area. This 2,000 is a from just a small message board/chat room and from no official source.

My own personal view is that the postcard idea is not very good as they will all get filed in the black plastic bags as they arrive and nobody could tell you how many arrive but then again that is a personal view and I am sure that FFA know more about these things than I do, so I have sent mine.

I have also signed this petition as I feel that if I can do anything how ever small towards achieving Falmer I will.

Last edited:

BensGrandad said:
My own personal view is that the postcard idea is not very good as they will all get filed in the black plastic bags as they arrive and nobody could tell you how many arrive but then again that isa personal view and I am sure that FFA know more about these things than I do, so I have sent mine.
As I've said already, FFA have access to some very well informed advice. That advice encourages me to back the postcard campaign.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Lord Bracknell said:
Of course.

All I would say is that FFA have access to a lot of very well informed advice - not all of which we share in public forums like this.

No-one is acting like God.

LB... while always supporting FFA as much as I can I felt that the postcards campaign was a bit limiting. The postcards campaign means that people can only support Falmer if they attend games and pick up a postcard. Putting aside for a moment all those supporters who cannot get to games, what about all of us trying to support FFA who live abroad? For this reason I have to say that FFA have been a bit short-sighted with their postcards campaign.

I accept what you say about the petition but considering this I kindly ask that FFA considers ýn future the many hundreds and thousands of supporters who love this club and will do anything for this club DESPITE the fact that they cannot get to games.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
SULLY COULDNT SHOOT said:
LB... while always supporting FFA as much as I can I felt that the postcards campaign was a bit limiting. The postcards campaign means that people can only support Falmer if they attend games and pick up a postcard. Putting aside for a moment all those supporters who cannot get to games, what about all of us trying to support FFA who live abroad? For this reason I have to say that FFA have been a bit short-sighted with their postcards campaign.

I accept what you say about the petition but considering this I kindly ask that FFA considers ýn future the many hundreds and thousands of supporters who love this club and will do anything for this club DESPITE the fact that they cannot get to games.

The club have said that any exiles have only got to email them for postcards to be sent out.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yorkie said:
The club have said that any exiles have only got to email them for postcards to be sent out.

If that's the case... where was it announced? And which email specifically?

D

Deleted member 2719

Keep your votes coming 209 now.

Come on we need thousands.

:bounce: :bounce:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
I have no wish to upset the FFA campaign . All I did yesterday was to bounce the original thread created by the Clown of Pevensey Bay, which no one objected to when it was originally posted in January.

If Lord B as a moderator wants to delete this thread to stop the knowledge of this petition that's fine by me but I do wonder if we are not being a bit too sensitive. We are a group of people who through our common support of the Albion are letting No 10 know how we feel about Falmer. It's not an organised campaign as the postcard scheme is - just NSC users saying our piece.

However I say again if this thread is somehow hurting the FFA work then delete it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here