Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer Petition to PM

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
already signed its on 107 now.

just a small point here I have put on about having an inquiry on the policies and goings on at the RSPCA its been on just over a week and its on about 420 and gaining speed.

Its about how you advertise it,have you put it on all the league teams sites also all the local ones.

just a suggestion! :bowdown:

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
dONE

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Re: Re: Falmer Petition to PM

Brovian said:
Do NOT send that to the PM unless you get about tens of thousands of signatures. Sending it in with just a few thousand names - or worse only a few hundred -will just make us look two bob.

As it's hosted on the No 10 website, it already is sent to the PM surely? I suggest we all sign it and get the numbers up as high as possible. It can't do us any harm.

This one http://www.petitiononline.com/Falmer/petition.html which I started a while back, I had to print and send to Prescott with almost 12,000 sigs on it. It was a big wodge of paper!

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
Done,again.

Do we now have to deliver 10,000 bunches of flowers,treat Ruth to pie and chips at Withdean,go to her home town with more flowers and generally lick her butt too?

(this whole thing stinks,not her butt of course)

I've not seen this thread until now and I missed whatever mention of this petition there might have been earlier.

I don't want to discourage anyone from banging the drum for Falmer, but has this idea of a petition been fully thought through?

The main thrust of the campaign at the moment is the Postcard to Ruth Kelly initiative. There are other ideas that are being developed by the Falmer For All team - including a national campaign that will be launched shortly. With those things going on, I'm not sure that FFA has the resources to do everything that is necessary to make a petition as effective as it could be.

The last thing we want is to feed crumbs of comfort to our enemies. But I am fearful that we might see a press release from David Neighbour to the effect that the Falmer campaign has run out of steam ... something along the lines of "Three years ago, the Albion claimed that over 60,000 people actively supported the Falmer campaign. Now that Lewes District Council has pointed out what's wrong with Falmer, support for the stadium has plummeted. Only x hundred people have signed the latest petition".

Sorry. This sounds really negative. But the strength of the campaign has always been organisation and timing.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Lord Bracknell said:
I've not seen this thread until now and I missed whatever mention of this petition there might have been earlier.

I don't want to discourage anyone from banging the drum for Falmer, but has this idea of a petition been fully thought through?

The main thrust of the campaign at the moment is the Postcard to Ruth Kelly initiative. There are other ideas that are being developed by the Falmer For All team - including a national campaign that will be launched shortly. With those things going on, I'm not sure that FFA has the resources to do everything that is necessary to make a petition as effective as it could be.

The last thing we want is to feed crumbs of comfort to our enemies. But I am fearful that we might see a press release from David Neighbour to the effect that the Falmer campaign has run out of steam ... something along the lines of "Three years ago, the Albion claimed that over 60,000 people actively supported the Falmer campaign. Now that Lewes District Council has pointed out what's wrong with Falmer, support for the stadium has plummeted. Only x hundred people have signed the latest petition".

Sorry. This sounds really negative. But the strength of the campaign has always been organisation and timing.

Needed saying m'lud :clap:

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Lord Bracknell said:

This petition was started by Clown of Pevensey Bay on the 10th of January.
http://85.234.132.19/showthread.php?s=&threadid=95711&highlight=petition

So it's been on the Downing Street board for a few weeks now.

Barrel of Fun said:
Transversely, if troops could be mobilised from clubs all over England, it would take a different form of usefulness...
... which is PRECISELY what the Falmer For All team will be doing shortly. But not using a petition.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here