Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Falmer bar uni

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Is that the one that has a kind of pub interior? Although it could have changed since 1995.

Is the Gardener arts centre still there? That was a good choice for the more discerning student, again, 30 years ago.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Is that the one that has a kind of pub interior? Although it could have changed since 1995.

Is the Gardener arts centre still there? That was a good choice for the more discerning student, again, 30 years ago.
Yeah it's kinda pubby, more Student Bar though. Gardner Arts is now The Attenborough Centre, named after Richard. They still have their cafe'/bar, but not sure if it's open in the evening.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Do you have to arrive wearing a college scarf, wire round-rimmed spectacles and being pushed in a shopping trolley with a traffic cone planted on your head to stand a chance of getting in?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
I went to Lancaster in the 70's.. it had at least 9 bars and they were all big . 6 pints for £1.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
The Hive no longer opens pre-match to fans on match days. They had a change of manager and the new one doesn’t want fans in. Obviously can’t be being performance measured on revenue……

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Hive no longer opens pre-match to fans on match days. They had a change of manager and the new one doesn’t want fans in. Obviously can’t be being performance measured on revenue……
That’s all factually incorrect.

The operation has been temporarily scaled back due to the school of humanities moving from Falmer to Moulsecoomb. When the students from Eastbourne (mostly sports/health sciences) move to that campus in September, I suspect it could be scaled back up again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here