Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falmer another delay!!!

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
um. Did the report change a little bit? I'm sure i dont remember the bottom line first time I read it, and I dont think it said "may" in the title. Prob just misread it

Albion stadium decision may be delayed
By Damien Pearse
The decision on whether Brighton and Hove Albion can build a football stadium in Falmer may be delayed, it emerged today.

It is understood that Hazel Blears, the new Communities Secretary, is expected to keep any delay as short as possible.

An announcement about the timing of the decision is expected shortly.

advertisementA spokesman for the Department for Communities and Local Government said:
"The target date is still July 9 and we are trying to work towards that date."

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Oh for Christs sake! I had a feeling she would want to read the bloody dossier before saying yes!

She looked the sort who would want to do things properly...where are the slack workshy, cant be arsed ministers when you need them?

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
um. Did the report change a little bit? I'm sure i dont remember the bottom line first time I read it, and I dont think it said "may" in the title. Prob just misread it

No, that's changed since first report. Argus SCAREMONGERING?

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak

Albion stadium decision may be delayed
By Damien Pearse
The decision on whether Brighton and Hove Albion can build a football stadium in Falmer may be delayed, it emerged today.

It is understood that Hazel Blears, the new Communities Secretary, is expected to keep any delay as short as possible.

advertisementA spokesman for the Department for Communities and Local Government said:
"The target date is still July 9 and we are trying to work towards that date."

There is nothing here to suggest anything other than the Argus trying to stir things up. Nowhere does a government official state that there would be a delay.

This is just the usual rubbish journalism you'd expect from the argus!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Hazel Blears will want to make sure that everything is in order, seeing as she will be 'making the deicision'. It has been embarrassing enough that this case has dragged on for so long and I would expect any astute person would want to ensure that a decision is watertight before releasing it. They will want an end to this once and for all.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
There is nothing here to suggest anything other than the Argus trying to stir things up. Nowhere does a government official state that there would be a delay.

That is the way I read it too. I don't buy the Argus, and this reminds me why.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia

Yes, but government officials do not always speak on the record. My guess is that one has told the Argus in private that the minister wants to set a new deadline.

Perhaps the Albion could take Hazel Blears' decision to set a new deadline for the announcement of the decision to a judicial review?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Story now REMOVED from Argus site

But the link on this thread still works..

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Who could POSSIBLY have foreseen that happening? :rolleyes:

I know. Let's have a fans day to protest against this decision to postpone this decision. I'm just off to the Wrexham message board to act as unelected official mouth piece of Brighton fans everywhere and tell them we need their help. Back soon.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I would think that Hazel Blears has to be seen to have given the various reports the proper consideration.
Also, I wonder if the recommendations on the AONB on July 2nd will mean the wording of the decision needs to be changed.

That is the way I read it too. I don't buy the Argus, and this reminds me why.

And me.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

A spokesman for the Department for Communities and Local Government said: "The target date is still July 9 and we are trying to work towards that date."

Is it me, or do those two statements from the Argus contradict each other - or at least, doesn't the second one supercede the first?

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
So the report goes up and a thread started on here

10 mins later the wording is changed

10 mins later the article is removed

hmmmmmmm. Is someone at the argus having a laugh?

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The word "trying" should be flashing neon red at this point. No certainties here at all...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here