Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Falkland Islands liberated 30 years ago, today

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
not quite accurate but not far off nibble in fact more of the returning solders have died either at their own hand or on the streets or from drink or drugs than died in the conflict its self, but that is due really to not understanding PTSD and how to treat it at the time i hope things are better now

Thanks. Yes, played a role recently of an Iraq war veteran with alcohol problems and PTSD. Research for that was very insightful. Anyway, for another thread. God bless.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
wind your neck in Goldstone, i started this thread as i wanted to let everyone know that it was 30 years ago (yesterday) that the Falklands were liberated. i was there and at the time i felt it was necessary (IMHO). i cannot believe your drivel. RIP lads.

Neck wound in.

I respect what our troops do for our country, but I believe the Falklands conflict is a perfect example of the pointlessness of war.

No more from me on this thread and I apologise if I have offended anyone. Not intended.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
not quite accurate but not far off nibble in fact more of the returning solders have died either at their own hand or on the streets or from drink or drugs than died in the conflict its self, but that is due really to not understanding PTSD and how to treat it at the time. I hope things are better now

I have not served but I do suffer from PTSD and the services are very good I feel.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
Thinking of all my mates on the Shiny Sheff.
God bless, and the rest who I may or may not have served with and deserved better.

Hampden Park

Ex R.N.
Oct 7, 2003
Neck wound in.

I respect what our troops do for our country, but I believe the Falklands conflict is a perfect example of the pointlessness of war.

No more from me on this thread and I apologise if I have offended anyone. Not intended.

apology accepted and thank you.

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
not quite accurate but not far off nibble in fact more of the returning solders have died either at their own hand or on the streets or from drink or drugs than died in the conflict its self, but that is due really to not understanding PTSD and how to treat it at the time. I hope things are better now
i think a lot of the problems with servicemen leaving the forces, is that they cant cope with civilian life. when i left, i was like a fish out of water and didnt know what to do with myself. the rehabilitation in the 80's was nigh on non existent.
ive heard it's a lot better now...when i left, i was a total nutjob for about 3-4 years

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
i think a lot of the problems with servicemen leaving the forces, is that they cant cope with civilian life. when i left, i was like a fish out of water and didnt know what to do with myself. the rehabilitation in the 80's was nigh on non existent.
ive heard it's a lot better now...when i left, i was a total nutjob for about 3-4 years
been there still got the t shirt mate:thumbsup:

spig100963

Mar 18, 2011
If you see two v drunk men staggering around the station/Laine area today, ignore. Its my mate Mick and myself having our own F.I. thirty year piss up. Mick, at seventeen and three quarters, was the youngest serving Marine in the conflict. Have not seen each other for ten years. Last time managed to get thrown out of nearly everywhere. Hopefully we have grown up now. Any ex out there fancying a pint are more than welcome. Pm before 12, Otherwise will be to late.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here