Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] Failed Bissouma Effort

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So if you're walking through a park one evening, and somebody decides to kick the living shit of you and nick all your pizza, you'd prefer for there NOT to be any police around to, you know, make them stop. Because that would involve laws and stuff, which you do not believe in.

Seems unlikely. :lol:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
So if you're walking through a park one evening, and somebody decides to kick the living shit of you and nick all your pizza, you'd prefer for there NOT to be any police around to, you know, make them stop. Because that would involve laws and stuff, which you do not believe in.

Maybe if there was a none or a lot less laws they would not need to rob someone.

I probably wouldnt mind the police intervening, for practical reasons. Just like I wouldnt mind making a million by winning a lottery, even if I would prefer to get those money as a result of cleverness and hard work. My overall stance would remain, however.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Don't be wet - do you really think that there is more crime, by its modern definition, per capita now than there was 100; 1,000 or 10,000 years ago?

Absolutely no doubt whatsoever. Very likely less violence today, but definitely more crime. I just copy-pasted a newspaper article to a friend: criminal stuff. I'll be watching the game tonight on a stream: crime. I might smoke a joint: crime. I struggle to see how some poor sob spending 90% of his awake time farming his farm managed to commit three crimes a day.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Maybe if there was a none or a lot less laws they would not need to rob someone.

I probably wouldnt mind the police intervening, for practical reasons. Just like I wouldnt mind making a million by winning a lottery, even if I would prefer to get those money as a result of cleverness and hard work. My overall stance would remain, however.

You do make some rather odd comparisons to make a point.

Someone being killed by a driver doing 49 in a 30 = same as someone burning to death at a BBQ.
A copper saving you from having the shit kicked out of you and being robbed = same as winning the lottery.

You don't believe in laws, or at least the ones you don't like or agree with. Beyond that, I have no idea what you are on about other than the fact that it really makes no sense.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Static cameras are of course detectable. My car always alerts me to them. The problem is the mobile police camera van that gets randomly parked to catch unsuspecting drivers, or worse, the pedestrian policeman with a hand held speed camera. Not sure the latter are legal anymore, but I was done by the former a few weeks ago. Luckily I have been on zero ppints for 4+ years so it will be another chance to enjoy an advanced driver course.

Plenty of devices available that alert you to the mobile vans, radar guns etc…….

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Plenty of devices available that alert you to the mobile vans, radar guns etc…….

My in buit one does fixed camers but not mobile ones. A quick look online suggests that £60 gets you a fixed camera detector divice, and £250 gets you a temporarily located (van and laser gun) detector for all of Europe.

Maybe I should simply obey the speed limit. Mostly I do. These days (after many years of severe cockwomblery).

Worried Man Blues

Feb 28, 2009
Swansea
I struggle to see how some poor sob spending 90% of his awake time farming his farm managed to commit three crimes a day.[/QUOTE]

Around here it appears to be compulsory to use your phone whilst driving your tractor on the roads.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Speed limits... if the driver is good, I couldnt care if they go over the limit. Laws should be seen as nothing more than recommendations.

Sorry fella, that's tripe!

Vestappen and Hamilton are two of the best "fast" drivers in the world right now - but if either were doing 49 in a 30 and a kid ran into the road right in front of them - survival from that speed has poor odds ...

Even with their lightening reaction times - speed limits are there for a reason - no favours from me.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
Laws are not there for safety and protection, they are there to protect those in power from those that have none. Sure, a consequence of some of them might be that you are or at least feel "safe and protected", but for the most part it is indeed like you say "a deterrence to people doing whatever the f*ck they like", because thats the greatest fear among those who rule our societies. The laws are there to keep us chained.

TOSH!

The village idiot needs protecting from the village bully. Neither has "power" in society, but one has [physical/mental] power of the other - BOTH need protecting.

You're sounding like an advocate of anarchy?
Which boils down to survival of the strongest/fittest - thankfully society [in general] has moved on.

Are you a closet VIKING?

Elbow750

Jun 21, 2020
You can download a free app which tells you beforehand when you are approaching a speed camera, its laziness getting caught speeding by cameras these days. Anyway that’s his issue and I don’t really care either way.

I'd hope his Merc had a Sat Nav with speed limit and speed camera locations plugged in. I certainly would with a PL footballers income :blush:

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
TOSH!

The village idiot needs protecting from the village bully. Neither has "power" in society, but one has [physical/mental] power of the other - BOTH need protecting.

You're sounding like an advocate of anarchy?
Which boils down to survival of the strongest/fittest - thankfully society [in general] has moved on.

Are you a closet VIKING?

Christ, he's STILL at it. I gave up trying to engage with him yesterday. No point as he'll always come cockwombling back.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here