Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Very pleasing tonight indeed.

I doubt he’ll be a consistent player until his early 20’s along with the overwhelming majority of all players. But the top level DNA is there. He is going to be an awesome player.

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
His development is very similar to Enciso’s -
I remember Enciso having some absolute nightmare games early on in his career with us, he matured and with De Zerbi’s help he’s a top player - Wolves away this season confirmed this for me - Buanotte’s appearences have been forced due to injuries etc but he has shown glimpses of the talent he has, the goal v Chelsea and his performance tonight- come the business end of the season we will have a real player - just need to find his best position, is it out wide ?
Glad he didn’t go out on loan and wants to knuckle down and learn 👍

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I remember Enciso having some absolute nightmare games early on in his career with us, he matured and with De Zerbi’s help he’s a top player - Wolves away this season confirmed this for me - Buanotte’s appearences have been forced due to injuries etc but he has shown glimpses of the talent he has, the goal v Chelsea and his performance tonight- come the business end of the season we will have a real player - just need to find his best position, is it out wide ?
It’s definitely NOT out wide. Through the middle/no 10 all day long for me.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Buonanotte went straight into the squad last January - he was on the bench within months not because of injuries but because we’d already seen his talent - he was already getting minutes last season covering for March and also playing a CAM role - RDA wasn’t ‘forced‘ to keep him. Sometimes, players get opportunities to progress quicker because of injuries, but that’s because they are low down in the pecking order (as he was with MacAllister occupying the 10 position frequently last season) not because they are not good enough to play - he did have a difficult time settling into the squad but that was because he didn’t speak the language, arrived from South America in the middle of a dismal UK winter, had left his friends and girlfriend behind and was only just 18 yrs old.

Facu has always been a CAM - that is his position, it was in Argentina and why we signed him - he’s not built as a winger which is obvious when you watch him play.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
RDZ has been saying it all along and clearly showed a lot of faith in him.

Last night we saw it. He is going to be some player.
Unfortunately for Facu, I’d say that the position we need cover for the very least is CAM. He rarely gets the opportunity to perform there.

Hopefully after the window has closed, he won’t have to have his confidence battered on the wing and we can find him more meaningful minutes in the position he is suited to. He was very effective last night.

Sirnormangall

Sep 21, 2017
He seems to make a bigger impact with every game: stronger, faster more direct. Not quite yet the “first name on the team sheet” but getting closer and certainly a great squad player

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
It’s very interesting to read almost identical posts on Mac Allister during his journey with us as we are reading about Facu. In terms of comparison, I think Facu is around about page 100 of Mac’s Albion career.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
shopping.jpeg

Facundo Valentín Buonanotte

19 years young today.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here