Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Facundo Buonanotte - SIGNED for 1.8 billion pesos

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Google Translate has it as

"Club Atlético Rosario Central informs that an agreement was reached between clubs for the transfer of Facundo Buonanotte to Brighton & Hove Albion Football Club in England, in an operation amounting to 1,800 million pesos. It is made up of a fixed charge guaranteed by the purchasing club, bonuses for objectives linked to the player's performance and a 20% capital gain on future transfers.

In this way, it is one of the most important operations in the history of our institution."

1800 million Pesos is i think - about £10m by my reckoning.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
Will he get a work permit / GBE thingy? Someone on here usually seems to know! Enciso had played international football but I don't think this kid has.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Will he get a work permit / GBE thingy? Someone on here usually seems to know! Enciso had played international football but I don't think this kid has.
It’ll be harder than some of our recent South American signings.

No full international caps (he’s played for Argentina u-20s) and he hasn’t played in the Copa Libertadores.

Argument we could ask for special dispensation as he’s arguably ‘Argentinas greatest prospect’ and is getting regular game time already.

Interestingly he owns a Italian passport, so that opens doors to a EU loan move…

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Mario Kempis played for Rosario…. He was half decent.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
We can probably get him a work permit because he's a promising youngster which means he doesn't need to meet the points criteria older players have to. He certainly won't get anywhere near the 15 points at the moment considering his lack of senior international football and being signed from a club that isn't playing in the Copa Libertadores/Copa Sudamericana.

Enciso is likely to have got a work permit through the same dispensation as although he's a full international the points he'd get for playing for Paraguay would not get him anywhere near the 15 points either.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
We can probably get him a work permit because he's a promising youngster which means he doesn't need to meet the points criteria older players have to. He certainly won't get anywhere near the 15 points at the moment considering his lack of senior international football and being signed from a club that isn't playing in the Copa Libertadores/Copa Sudamericana.
Thank you. Given his age I'd be surprised if we wanted to loan him out, so perhaps we are hoping he will be deemed a promising young player.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
Translated from Rosario Central’s twitter page:

“Club Atlético Rosario Central reports that on the day of the date an agreement between clubs was reached for the transfer of Facundo Buonanotte to Brigthon & Hove Albion Football Club of England, in an operation that amounts to 1.8 billion pesos (around £10m). It is composed of a fixed charge guaranteed by the buying club, bonuses for objectives linked to the player's performance and a 20% capital gain on future transfers.

In this way, it is one of the most important operations in the history of our institution.

Likewise, we are pleased to inform the members that such income will be applied to the destinations detailed below:

-50% investment in the pass market

35% decrease in liabilities

-15% investment in infrastructure. Major works will be carried out that will mean a leap in quality to many sectors of the Club

Facundo began his journey in Rosario Central at the beginning of 2015, when he completed his signing for the Club at the end of the recruitment process. During his passage through the lower divisions, he enhanced all the virtues he brought to reach Arroyo Seco in the best way in the reserve division. Shortly after he became a professional and was able to debut in the first of Central to show all his qualities by carrying out the full cycle of training and development.

We wish Facu every success in this new stage that begins and we deeply thank him for the attitude and talent with which he wore the colors of Rosario Central.”

Weird that we haven't posted anything yet. Big signing with huge potential though.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
As a members club it's great how Rosario Central breakdown how they will invest their lump sum.

He's clearly highly rated and has been scouted for a long time by the Albion (and other probably).
I would expect the club to make an announcement when he rocks up in England and they can release a photo of him standing in a Brighton shirt outside the Lancing Training Centre.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here