Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Facepalms at the ready...

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Looks like something out of a Final Destination film. One of those triangles is going to fall and spike someone walking underneath.

Jack Straw

I look nothing like him!
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton. NOT KEMPTOWN!
what a pile of old pony.
1701211208519.png

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Let's be honest if the end user likes it and all stakeholders are engaged, what's not to like with the blue sky thought process, driving the statement in to the minds of future lifestyle beliefs.
That’s how I felt. Precisely. You are brilliant with words. Can you write my Christmas cards?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
The picture probably doesn't do it justice.
Though it does look a bit shit and no doubt cost 4 x more than the real thing.
I thought Christmas was supposed to be about tradition not transition.
Bah humbug anyway.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
That’s how I felt. Precisely. You are brilliant with words. Can you write my Christmas cards?
I would be favourably disposed towards the proposal to help facilitate you, in your consignment of an empowering message to your participants at this festive time.

May I suggest a thought shower to drill down the statement you wish to convey.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

Most of our Christmas "traditions" are relatively recent, many introduced in Victorian times.

In fact the Victorians if they had the tree would have probably done away with it, replacing it with an over engineered health and safety nightmare hanging from a celling.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You remember Enid, who used to live across the road at 104, just next to 105, she's now working at the United Dairies, down Green Lane.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I quite like it too...
Yeah, I think it's great, as a sort of Picasso-inspired Christmas decoration it's brilliant.

However I do accept the criticism is valid. It should have been as well as, not instead of, a 'proper' Christmas tree (And where's Santa's Grotto? Hopefully just a bit too early for that). What with that and no Christmas market Brighton is doing its very best to suck all the 'Christmas' out of Christmas.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Will this do?

Greetings

I’m reaching out, as it’s that time in the fourth quarter, to extend favourable conditions to you and your stakeholders.

Lets calandarise, either by verbal interface or teams. We can touch base offline at the wet office where there’s hot desking.

I’m OOO as of today.

Ciao

Hamilton (he/him//her/she/they/them/tree)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Seems a suitable installation for the ****s that go into Churchill Square.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
Yeah, I think it's great, as a sort of Picasso-inspired Christmas decoration it's brilliant.

However I do accept the criticism is valid. It should have been as well as, not instead of, a 'proper' Christmas tree (And where's Santa's Grotto? Hopefully just a bit too early for that). What with that and no Christmas market Brighton is doing its very best to suck all the 'Christmas' out of Christmas.
Yup, Brighton sucks alright

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The picture probably doesn't do it justice.
Though it does look a bit shit and no doubt cost 4 x more than the real thing.
Bah humbug anyway.
Tradition went down the pan decades ago.
Tradition says there are 12 days of Christmas starting on Christmas Eve to January 6th. Decorations went up on Christmas Eve and removed 12 days later.
Advent has 4 Sundays starting 3rd December this year. It is a time of reflection and looking forward.

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
This must be the saddest excuse for a Christmas Tree ever

Charlie Livesey

Sep 28, 2023
A Brexit loving, Braverman supporting relative posted an angry tirade on Facebook regarding the Churchill Square "monstrosity", saying Brighton Council should be ashamed and whatever were they thinking placing such an ugly item in a public place, complete waste of council tax. Sadly, she managed several likes !

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A Brexit loving, Braverman supporting relative posted an angry tirade on Facebook regarding the Churchill Square "monstrosity", saying Brighton Council should be ashamed and whatever were they thinking placing such an ugly item in a public place, complete waste of council tax. Sadly, she managed several likes !
Has anybody asked her why she thinks Brighton council are responsible for the shopping mall?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here