[Albion] Fabricio Diaz

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
I'd not actually thought of it in specific terms (forgive me if I've been missing the key point all this time :D ), but that may well be a genuine factor in getting the clubs to steer their players towards us.

Say Player X is valued at, say £10m currently, by his team in Uruguay, Argentina or wherever. That fee is the same whether he goes to us or City (unless Chelsea come in, in which case they'll offer £4m and pay £30m). Anyway, if the player goes to City and turns out to be brilliant, he's unlikely to be sold on anywhere any time soon, because they're not a club who has to flog their top players to even richer clubs. And nor is the player likely to demand a move unless Barcelona or Real Madrid come in. So the selling club gets £10m and no more, at least not for years. Whereas if that player comes to us and is brilliant, there's every prospect of us selling him on within a year or two and said club doubling their money further down the line. So it makes more sense for the selling club to favour us when you're talking about players with potential.

We just need to convince the players of this now. Well. The agents anyway :rolleyes: eyes:
Top, top post Edna.
That makes so much sense, that perspective hadn't occurred to me.
The selling club get two deals if they sell to us, rather than selling to an oil state.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
Because the club are planning for the future. If we have player x but player y becomes available and could be better than player x then why wouldn’t we go for him?
At the time we got Moises we didn’t need him

Because at some point you have to bring them through?
I really not sure why we’d need him in that case? Totally different to Caicedo.

We’ve got Groß, Gilmour, Dahoud, Alzate and Lallana who can do the deep lying, quick passing playmaker role.

We also have two highly rated Polish midfielders and Ayari on our books who might be able to do this role too. He does not sound like a defensive midfielder in the traditional sense at all.

If we sign him, maybe a loan to begin with?

But, Baleba looks exactly right for us. A physical monster and destroyer of play who can pass to a good standard.

Tbh I kind of agree with you, I just don’t see how you give all of these players (even assuming Baleba and Diaz come in and Ayari and Alzate go out) to keep them sharp, progressing and to keep them happy. I know we have the cup comps but even then, there’s still a limit to how many you can play.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Why the dig at Vickery only ever seen him complimentary about us and our signings.

Said Cacideo If Brazilian would have been valued at 50/60 million when we signed him.

I know he was a little more reserved about Juilo but never ruled him out.
Because he admitted he got it all wrong about Enciso who is pure quality, it was a light hearted gag 🤦‍♂️

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Because at some point you have to bring them through?

Tbh I kind of agree with you, I just don’t see how you give all of these players (even assuming Baleba and Diaz come in and Ayari and Alzate go out) to keep them sharp, progressing and to keep them happy. I know we have the cup comps but even then, there’s still a limit to how many you can play.
Realistically we have Gross, Dahoud and Gilmour. Lallana has pretty much only ever played in the ten role for us. Milner seems to be our full back cover. Gross isn't getting any younger and Dahoud has hardly played for a season. We need more energy and bite in central midfield. It's a long season and neither player will be expecting to play every game. It'll be fine.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
More Billy Arce than Caceido! Moises then showed what he can do in the arse stakes.
This isn't about arses. It's about perfectly weighted balls.

I'm not sure if anyone has given a sufficient shout out for Enciso as the provider against Wolves, but I thought he was excellent.
The weight of the final ball is the difference between success and failure.

He put it on a plate for Pervis and Solly, again and again.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Sounds good. I'm not getting over-excited about a 20 year old being able to move from South America after the season's already started and slot instantly into a new culture, a new team and a new league but what a prospect again for our strength in depth. 91 league starts already under his belt suggests he won't take TOO long to get up to speed.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
This isn't about arses. It's about perfectly weighted balls.

I'm not sure if anyone has given a sufficient shout out for Enciso as the provider against Wolves, but I thought he was excellent.
The weight of the final ball is the difference between success and failure.

He put it on a plate for Pervis and Solly, again and again.
And from different areas of the pitch.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Not reading through this thread so give it to me straight…. Is he any good now or is he for two years time xx

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports