Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fabian Delph

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Hey, the BBC are normally fairly accurate. Very rarely do they drop a bollock. I can start a thread about a ex-player if you like. :D

I just meant they said he is expected to sign - not that he'd signed?!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
I don't get what u mean mate?

Less than a month since you dropped a bollock with this:

Been passed in some info that we're close to signing a striker from a league 1 play off team... Not a clue if true so don't shoot the messenger but thought I'd casually drop it in here and not raise everyone's hopes by starting a new thread...

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?323343-Will-we-sing-anyone-today/page6

I'd hardly say you're in a position to criticise anyone on transfer-related posts.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
It's ironic that this home grown player rule brought in to give the kids a chance is resulting in the greedy, better ones stalling their careers.

Hope this doesn't happen with Delph or Sterling.

Edit: Well done Delph.

Last edited:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Less than a month since you dropped a bollock with this:

http://www.northstandchat.com/showthread.php?323343-Will-we-sing-anyone-today/page6

I'd hardly say you're in a position to criticise anyone on transfer-related posts.

Erm - would you like to read what I wrote again? Passed on something I was told by another Brighton fan and certainly didn't put my name to it or start a new thread. The OP said Delph had 'signed' for City when it wasn't official. Completely different. So yes I can comment on whatever I want if people pass things off as fact that aren't. Thanks.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
I just meant they said he is expected to sign - not that he'd signed?!

The BBC were reporting the story in the same way that Schweinsteiger has signed for Man Utd. When reporting these stories obviously a bid has been accepted so it's up to the player to agree terms. Delph seems to have shown gumption and not signed. IMHO - this is very surprising given the mentality of a modern British footballer meaning money is normally the number one motivation in any decision. In this case he has made a footballing decision which should pay dividends for his international career as he is a player that Roy Hodgson rates.

Last edited:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Slightly awkward for Villa......... They had already "spent" the money from Delph's sale (so rumour has it up here) and are now frantically back-tracking quicker than he did :lolol:

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Slightly awkward for Villa......... They had already "spent" the money from Delph's sale (so rumour has it up here) and are now frantically back-tracking quicker than he did :lolol:

It was all a ploy by Sherwood to get the board to spend some money. Perhaps we should try it with Dunk and Bloom, just get Bournemouth to offer £8 million, Dunk to have talks then reject a mover after we have signed 6 new players...

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think Villa are partially to blame here.

I imagine they promised to strengthen the squad and with benteke going and them likely to replace with Ade from Spurs that's pretty poor.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Again the rumour here is that Delph was actively encouraged to go as Villa had already committed to replacing him

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:wink:

What mistake.

Thought you or the moron having a pop for no reason above may surfice! Of course, yesterday's news makes no odds to my original point (he hadnt signed for them when you wrote that) :thumbsup:

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Thought you or the moron having a pop for no reason above may surfice! Of course, yesterday's news makes no odds to my original point (he hadnt signed for them when you wrote that) :thumbsup:

Don't be so precious poppet, I can see you've had a sense of humour bypass.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Don't be so precious poppet, I can see you've had a sense of humour bypass.

Oh I'm not but maybe lay off the patronising as it makes you look even more of a **** than your original jumping the gun post :thumbsup:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here