Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Fabian Delph

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
He had a release clause written into his contract when he renewed last season, that if a club who had secured Champions League football came in for him he could leave for that figure this window.

What a mad release clause assuming any Champions League (CL) club, Man City in this case, would have the cash to pay whatever if they wanted a player who would be named in a CL squad in September, Man City were limited to 21 last year. Perhaps his agent knew this would mean a massive pay deal in wages.

I always see transfers like this in a similar way I see stories about people that win large lottery wins - that should set you up for life.

But Villa - wonder who they will buy with the £8 million, do Leeds get a cut as well.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Great move for him and a great bit of business by Man City. I think he'll play a lot of games centrally. Both the Fernando's are poor in my opinion.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
What a mad release clause assuming any Champions League (CL) club, Man City in this case, would have the cash to pay whatever if they wanted a player who would be named in a CL squad in September, Man City were limited to 21 last year. Perhaps his agent knew this would mean a massive pay deal in wages.

In fairness his new deal was signed in January just gone and the Player (and agent ) were in a very strong bargaining position as his original contract was due to expire this summer - the clause at least guaranteed that Villa received some money for the player.

Jim Van Winkle

Jul 14, 2010
Hawaii
Great move for him and a great bit of business by Man City. I think he'll play a lot of games centrally. Both the Fernando's are poor in my opinion.

I agree with your last sentence. However, this is a team that wants to be challenging for the title and this is the calibre of player they buy. He is there to make up the number of English players in the squad. No more.

ThePaddy

Aug 27, 2013
Delph is a very, very good player for an average Premier League side. Would have him at Palace in a heartbeat.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Much respect to him for turning city down. Chose playing over money

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
City are struggling next season. They must have at least 7 home grown players in their squad of 25 and were down to that number at the end of last season.

Since then they've lost Micah Richards and James Milner, so they're desperate to sign some English players, which is why they've been chasing Delph, Sterling and Wilshere.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Delph gave one of the best performances I have seen from any player against us for Leeds few years back. Think they won 3-1 or something and he played a part in every goal. A very talented player, but City is a poor move for him, he should have gone to a Spurs type team

EDIT - apology , hes staying at Villa

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Weird turn of events, wonder what changed his mind ?

He reads NSC. Or wants to join Crystal Palace after [MENTION=28302]ThePaddy[/MENTION] 's ringing endorsement.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Delph is a very, very good player for an average Premier League side. Would have him at Palace in a heartbeat.

**** off posting on this thread and bringing your shitty cheating club into talk of a player going to Man City - who the **** do CPFC Franchise 2010 think they are these days :lol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
City are struggling next season. They must have at least 7 home grown players in their squad of 25 and were down to that number at the end of last season.

Since then they've lost Micah Richards and James Milner, so they're desperate to sign some English players, which is why they've been chasing Delph, Sterling and Wilshere.

I can see them signing Lennon.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here