Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA warns Spurs of Yid Chant

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I was actually being sarcastic, I think the exact opposite and I don't believe a football match IS the same as a Cliff Richard concert and it IS a different environment to say a church service. However I accept that the position I sarcastically adopted is in the ascendency and in the same way that you can't be 'slightly' racist you can't be 'slightly' homophobic, and so logically chants such as "1-0 to the Nancy Boys!" must follow 'Yid Army!' into the dustbin of history - even though both were adopted with the best of intentions. The alternative to zero tolerance is that people are allowed to make their own subjective decisions as to what is or isn't acceptable and you have to take the rough with the smooth, but that's FAR to liberal a viewpoint for 21st century Britain.

If (when) football IS just a case of going to the game, buying the merchandise, sitting down for the whole match and just cheering for your team without saying anything rude about the opposition or the officials then that'll be it for me. Not that I guess I'll be missed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Brilliant how you can come up with such a funny comment. Well done you. Obviously my annoyance at people ignorance means I can't have fun at parties. You have been added to my p**** list which is growing pretty big now.

I feel honoured to be on that list

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here