Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Good win for crystal palace today .

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I don't think that it is just PL clubs that have a problem with the FA Cup. Look at the attendance for the Hull Cup game in January, on a Saturday, and compare it with their next match (on a Wednesday) and 50% more people turned up.

Hulls priority has to be top flight football. But with some clubs the fans just don't seem interested. Take Blackburn just 11k home fans to watch premier league opposition in the 5th round. They ain't getting relegated and they ain't getting promoted. It's their friggin cup final I just don't get it

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
Hulls priority has to be top flight football. But with some clubs the fans just don't seem interested. Take Blackburn just 11k home fans to watch premier league opposition in the 5th round. They ain't getting relegated and they ain't getting promoted. It's their friggin cup final I just don't get it

It was only £20 at Blackburn too. Bizarre only 11000 fans turned up. On the flip side, 7000 hammers fans is pretty good for a Sunday.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
From the Daily Mirror

' Palace fans hate Alan Mullery

Tottenham always bring on a former player onto the pitch at half time to give a little interview, look back on the glory days and so on.

My word, they chose badly when they picked Alan Mullery and David Howells. No-one is doubting Mullery’s legendary status, but the Palace fans gave him dog’s abuse.

Mullery managed Palace and then later defected to their great rivals Brighton.

I knew he wasn’t popular but I hadn’t realised it was so bad that the Palace fans jeered so loudly that I couldn’t hear a word of what Mullery said.'

Old habits die hard :)

matbha

Apr 13, 2014
Its a shame the FA cup is now mickey mouse ,it was the highlight of the season moons ago Biggest cup compo in the world tragic really

Billy in Bristol

Mar 25, 2004
Bristol
and get rid of " International Weeks" , a modern construct which immediately causes congestion. If you've got players in Internationals, play some of your other players.

With 'big teams' and the Albion playing weakened 'reserve' teams in many of these League Cup and FA Cup matches there could be an argument for playing ties in these 'International' weeks as an aid to ease the 'congestion'. If you draw a fellow Prem / Championship team then they will be in a similar situation. They do this in rugby during Autumn and Six Nations...

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
FA Cup. RIP. When a division 2 manager gets a result at a huge division 1 club and can only then WINGE about it then **** it. What's the point. God I miss old football

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
From the Daily Mirror

' Palace fans hate Alan Mullery

Tottenham always bring on a former player onto the pitch at half time to give a little interview, look back on the glory days and so on.

My word, they chose badly when they picked Alan Mullery and David Howells. No-one is doubting Mullery’s legendary status, but the Palace fans gave him dog’s abuse.

Mullery managed Palace and then later defected to their great rivals Brighton.

I knew he wasn’t popular but I hadn’t realised it was so bad that the Palace fans jeered so loudly that I couldn’t hear a word of what Mullery said.'

Old habits die hard :)

your lot are classy

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
Christ. The way teams like ****ing Hull and Blackburn are treating this you might even get a constantly no mark team like Crystal ****ing Palace getting to the QF. Total micky mouse now

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
image.jpeg

Randsta

Aug 8, 2011
Eastbourne
Christ. The way teams like ****ing Hull and Blackburn are treating this you might even get a constantly no mark team like Crystal ****ing Palace getting to the QF. Total micky mouse now

Palace nothing to play for in the league might as well go for it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here