[Albion] FA Cup v Stoke early thoughts

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
Under no circumstances none whatsoever will defeat be acceptable. Dont care how but we MUST repeat MUST win this.

Will you have a stroke if the Albion don't beat Stoke?

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
———————Verbruggen——————
Hinsh———JPvH——-Dunk——Samuels
—————-——Baleba————————
——-Moder——————-Dahoud———-
Duffus————Ferguson———Barrington

Albion my Albion

NSC Patron
Feb 6, 2016
Indiana, USA
———————Verbruggen——————
—————-——Baleba————————

Really? Both Duffus & Barrington?

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Fit players for Stoke

Plus u23s

Keepers
Steele
Verbruggen

Defenders
Hinshelwood
Van Hecke
Dunk
Estupinan

Midfield
Gross
Gilmour
Milner
Dahoud
Baleba
Moder
Lallana

Strikers
Pedro
Welbeck
Ferguson
Verbruggen

Hinshelwood
Dunk
Van Hecke
Pervis

Baleba
Moder

BBB
Gross
Pedro

Ferguson

Bench:
McGill
Kavanagh
Samuels
Gilmour
Milner
Lallana
Barrington
O’Mahoney
Welbeck

Swap any of the U21s as see fit. Could see Chouchane on the bench and Milner or Lallana sit out as he’s been knocking on the first team door. Would love to see McConville involved but doesn’t seem to be in favour atm. Presume Peupion and Weir will be kept out so can go on loan elsewhere.

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing
———————Verbruggen——————
—————-——Baleba————————
As i have already said earlier in this thread i will be happy with whatever line up we put out. However i am more inclined to believe that RDZ will approach it with starting a very strong team and then subbing on youngsters if possible rather than starting a weaker team and then maybe having to sub on stronger players if we are behind and chasing the game. I will be fully behind whatever team is representing our club on the day obviously.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
We genuinely have more chance at winning the Europa League than the FA Cup, purely because there is no City & Arsenal to worry about.
Liverpool and Leverkusan ?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Dunk should play otherwise it will be 4 weeks between games.

JPvH should play to get more experience playing alongside Dunk.

Ferguson should play as he needs a confidence boosting goal.

Moder should play as he needs minutes to build up his fitness.

Baleba should play as he needs minutes to learn the De Zerbi ball way.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I understand your view, but get through this game and we'll have players coming back from injury and perhaps some new faces as well.

I think Roberto will continue to take the FA Cup seriously and play close to our strongest team, whatever that may be.

I'd much rather we put absolutely everything into Europe this year. I want to see the kids played in the FA Cup, our squad to be as rest and fresh as possible come march, rather than off the back of several rounds of FA cup games mid-week between league matches.

We can always focus on the cups next season assuming we don't qualify for Europe again

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I'd much rather we put absolutely everything into Europe this year. I want to see the kids played in the FA Cup, our squad to be as rest and fresh as possible come march, rather than off the back of several rounds of FA cup games mid-week between league matches.

We can always focus on the cups next season assuming we don't qualify for Europe again
There is no way that Roberto will take that approach. Remember how long it took him to forgive the loss away as Charlton?

He has played stronger teams in both domestic cups than Potter ever did. Roberto wants to win everything, including the FA Cup.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I'm not fussed about the FA Cup this season as we are still in the Europa League.

I hope we give any walking wounded maximum time to recover and play a decent handful of U21s in this game.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
There is no way that Roberto will take that approach. Remember how long it took him to forgive the loss away as Charlton?

He has played stronger teams in both domestic cups than Potter ever did. Roberto wants to win everything, including the FA Cup.

I think you're probably right, but doesn't mean it wont be a mistake.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
A weakened Albion line up should still be enough, as it was last year, and Stoke likely won’t field their first team either such is the Cup these days. Away win hopefully.

Weak you say ;) ... We were so lucky with injuries last season !
Screenshot_20240103_085811_Gallery.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports