Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA Cup Team

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
If we fielded the Development Squad it might get then off their bloody phones for an hour and a half.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
When I was a kid I used to LOVE the FA Cup - I mean really BLOODY LOVE it.

In the playground every lunchtime we used to play 'Wembley'; I eagerly awaited every round - regardless of whether Albion where involved or not; I'd find a way of listening to the draw Monday lunchtimes and Final day itself in May was possibly my favourite day of the year - no matter who was playing.

But now - after countless years of the competition being continuously devalued by broadcasters and the FA itself (which is the bigger travesty) I couldn't give a toss about the Cup as they obviously don't. I think when they moved the Final kick off to something like 5.30pm or whatever it is now I realised the spirit of the Cup had finally died.

So I couldn't care less if we fielded the Junior Seagulls in the third round.

I feel exactly the same way about the premier league

3 o'clock on a Saturday

what about 5 or 6 home games a season,if your lucky

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Don't bother then. :shrug:

quite the opposite,I am bothered

I want Brighton to win every game

wanting us to exit a cup competiton before it's even started

struggling with that one

I'm a little selfish when it comes to KO times because I live and work in France

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
quite the opposite,I am bothered

I want Brighton to win every game

wanting us to exit a cup competiton before it's even started

struggling with that one

I'm a little selfish when it comes to KO times because I live and work in France

As Oscar Wilde once ejaculated: “Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. And unselfishness is letting other people's lives alone, not interfering with them."

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
You would imagine that many of the players would be delighted to get the chance to play and would be desperate to progress.
The interesting point would be that we could (although I'm not sure Hughton would) play a strong first team squad side rather than the normal practice of fielding a weak Development Squad based side with a much greater probability of struggling.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Stockdale
Bruno Dunk Duffy Bong
Knocky Stephens Sidwell Skalak
Baldock Murray

.....unless we have a home draw against very lowly opposition, against whom we can rest a few and still win. I want a good long cup run, thank you very much!

Winning is a habit which is easily lost; losing is a habit which is easily acquired and difficult to lose. You can't pick and choose which games you want to lose.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I'd like to see a competitive side, as a winning mentality is important. But I'd like to see squad rotation to rest key players, and to get keep our fringe players sharp. Say Brighton face a League 1 or Championship side, I'd like too see:

Maenpaa
Rosenior Hunemeier Goldson Bong
March Kayal Norwood Murphy
Baldock Hemed

If any are not fit, I'd replace them with current first team players but resting Murray, Dunk, Duffy, Knockeart and Sidwell. I'd like to see a strong bench with what's left, but with 2 youngsters on there given a chance.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Depends on who we play, whether we are home or away?

Drawing a big club will be a distraction and will lose us points in the Championship (from past records).

I want us to win as we cannot rely on Newcastle losing and I want that match rescheduled.

I think because players have a whole to week to recover we can play a strong team in Round 3. Not so sure about subsequent rounds?

Third Round Saturday 7 January 2017

Fourth Round Saturday 28 January 2017

Fifth Round Saturday 18 February 2017

Quarter-Finals Saturday 11 March 2017

Semi-Finals Saturday 22 and Sunday 23 April 2017

The Final TBC

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/fa-cup-round-dates#8wvyyPTxqHZdEQjQ.99

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow

The Final TBC

Looking at the schedule I'd like to think we can/should have an achievable target of reaching at least the 5th round using our back up/squad players, therefore giving them some much needed competitive match fitness for the inevitable congested March-May league run in.

Perhaps play something like:

Maeenpa

Rosenior BFG Goldson Pocognoli

Skalak Stephens/Kayal Norwood Lua Lua

March

Hemed

Peter Grummit

Oct 13, 2004
Lewes
Depends on who we play, whether we are home or away?

Drawing a big club will be a distraction and will lose us points in the Championship (from past records).

I want us to win as we cannot rely on Newcastle losing and I want that match rescheduled.

I think because players have a whole to week to recover we can play a strong team in Round 3. Not so sure about subsequent rounds?

The Final TBC

Read more at http://www.thefa.com/competitions/thefacup/more/fa-cup-round-dates#8wvyyPTxqHZdEQjQ.99

I vowed to only go to the new Wembley to see my team. I would prefer to go there for an FA Cup semi, rather than a playoff final. No reason why we can't win 4 games to get there.

The side we pick depends entirely on who we draw. Pick a team to be competitive.

For me, it's all about the glory, not about the money.

PG

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here