Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I’ve made two tinfoil FA Cups with my kids. Ribbons arriving shortly. Balloons anyone?

I've said it on another thread but it would be good if we could avoid balloons. A massive waste of single use latex, that ends up in landfill or polluting the local environment. Sorry to be the fun sponge here. Streamers would be better maybe. Paper is at least more recyclable and doesn't float off into the area around Wembley.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I've said it on another thread but it would be good if we could avoid balloons. A massive waste of single use latex, that ends up in landfill or polluting the local environment. Sorry to be the fun sponge here. Streamers would be better maybe. Paper is at least more recyclable and doesn't float off into the area around Wembley.

Mt.Fuji

Jan 5, 2023
2 weeks ahead of the game, but it has reached 98th page. This thread can be the biggest one match thread for this forum :unsure: ?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
But biodegradable doesn't just mean it's all fine and dandy, surely? Under what other circumstances would it be acceptable to luzz thousands of tonnes of litter into the air and leave somebody else to clear it up?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
But biodegradable doesn't just mean it's all fine and dandy, surely? Under what other circumstances would it be acceptable to luzz thousands of tonnes of litter into the air and leave somebody else to clear it up?
Do you not think thousands of tonnes might be stretching it a bit….I’m not sure the guy at Amazon is prepared for that weight when he delivers my 3000

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I wonder if a lot of the Man U end Wembley members sell ons, would be Japanese Brighton fans and will fly into Heathrow in the morning. Or fly in and see Piccadilly Circus the day before.
I'm so excited, my eldest daughter began the search for a cool Albion shirt today. So far I've handed over an array of cotton reproductions of classics: '58, '67, '74 and Bukta '79 long sleeve. I've promised to trawl the internet for a purchase if we fail on Donatello's and Skint as well as T-shirts.
Hats, scarves and flags are sorted.

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
I agree about biodegradable. I think that’s an great idea.

Recyclable ticker tape much better. It will likely mean up to a handful of tonnes of hopefully biodegradable mess from our fans. I go to the tip a lot (gardening) and they probably accept that much per 15 minutes.

Deliberate mess is an oddity but in this case I don’t think we should feel guilty about it.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
At least streamers don’t cause a problem with the ball. Remember the beach ball in Liverpool’s goal area?
Personally, I prefer ticker tape.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
From memory, there is vast amount of single use latex, usually on a Saturday night... :lolol:

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
United are 5/6 to win the tie by any means - which includes having corruption on your side I’m assuming. Definitely worth a bet as it’s obviously going to be manipulated in their favour, so the world can see the glorious Battle Of Manchester in the final. The Spurs game has really made me lose my hope of an FA cup final place. That said, I’ll be going in the hope that we score goals that aren’t ruled out, and that shirt pull backs will actually be seen by the officials.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Wondering if there’s any point wasting money going to this. I imagine the PL/referees have already decided they want a United v City final and will do whatever it takes to ensure we don’t win the semi final.

Hovegull

Nov 27, 2022
Anyone going by coach and know which reputable companies still have spaces? I’ve seen ads popping up for coaches, but not sure which are proper fan coaches. Assuming Seagulls Travel coaches are fully booked now.

Muzzman

Pocket Rocket
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Here and There
Anyone going by coach and know which reputable companies still have spaces? I’ve seen ads popping up for coaches, but not sure which are proper fan coaches. Assuming Seagulls Travel coaches are fully booked now.
I would still give them a call, I for one am likely going to return one coach seat as I couldn’t get a Wembley seat for a guest… I’m sure there’ll be other returns too.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Try Seagulls Travel, but you could also contact Tim Carder as the supporters’ club have four coaches going, and there may be an odd single seat.

paulfuzz

Apr 17, 2019
Kings Lynn
Cobalt mines in the Congo - and you are worried about a few balloons

Attachments

• 14ab5ed20f3b4a3147b730be006b7de1.jpg
    14ab5ed20f3b4a3147b730be006b7de1.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 32

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Wondering if there’s any point wasting money going to this. I imagine the PL/referees have already decided they want a United v City final and will do whatever it takes to ensure we don’t win the semi final.
I'm out of the UK, so can't watch it. After Saturday, I've kind of lost interest even of watching it on TV and of any hope of winning. Too deflated even to get angry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here