[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
STH Window 1 Priority Fans are those fans who have amassed a huge total of loyalty points as season ticket holders over several consecutive years, and to be Window 1 these fans would also likely need to attend at least half the Away matches, and Cup matches. Along with my lads as members of this top priority group, I think it’s a very smart move for the Club to entrust these most long-term loyal superfans with the responsibility of delivering guest tickets to most deserving causes. I bought two guest tickets, and assigned them to a couple in their mid 60s who were lifelong season ticket holders but had to give up 2 seasons ago due to ill health. They are deserving, and they are of course thrilled, excited and delighted. Meanwhile, other ‘fans’ join NSC 2 weeks ago, and complain that their family members who have even less connection, and absolutely no formal allegiance to the Club whatsoever, are losing out. There is one sure fire way to get a big day out, pay to become a STH or MA+. And if you can’t do that, befriend one of the STH Window 1 Superfans. Thank you.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
STH Window 1 Priority Fans are those fans who have amassed a huge total of loyalty points as season ticket holders over several consecutive years, and to be Window 1 these fans would also likely need to attend at least half the Away matches, and Cup matches. Along with my lads as members of this top priority group, I think it’s a very smart move for the Club to entrust these most long-term loyal superfans with the responsibility of delivering guest tickets to most deserving causes. I bought two guest tickets, and assigned them to a couple in their mid 60s who were lifelong season ticket holders but had to give up 2 seasons ago due to ill health. They are deserving, and they are of course thrilled, excited and delighted. Meanwhile, other ‘fans’ join NSC 2 weeks ago, and complain that their family members who have even less connection, and absolutely no formal allegiance to the Club whatsoever, are losing out. There is one sure fire way to get a big day out, pay to become a STH or MA+. And if you can’t do that, befriend one of the STH Window 1 Superfans. Thank you.
Just sorting your “superfan” badge :lolol:

I am in the superfan tier 1 but one of the guys who goes with us only does home games, is in tier 2, so as he is away for this match and I need 4 tix for family I have to drop to tier 2 to have any chance of four tix together. It is what it is :) and I am hoping we get more tix and that I can get in before they all go :shrug:

There are all sorts of scenarios and your post is a little arrogant imo :smile:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
Just sorting your “superfan” badge :lolol:

I am in the superfan tier 1 but one of the guys who goes with us only does home games, is in tier 2, so as he is away for this match and I need 4 tix for family I have to drop to tier 2 to have any chance of four tix together. It is what it is :) and I am hoping we get more tix and that I can get in before they all go :shrug:

There are all sorts of scenarios and your post is a little arrogant imo :smile:
Thanks for the feedback.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
There are messages above discussing the possibility of obtaining tickets for others if the opportunity arises.
Effectively helping people to skip the queue if more tickets become available.
My message is asking people to consider others who are waiting, before offering to use their guest allocation for forum users who are asking.
Guests are guests, whether a forum user gets tickets for a fellow user or you get a ticket for a guest - what’s the difference? You’re skipping a guest ahead of Albion+ member guests or purchase history window. :shrug:

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Guests are guests, whether a forum user gets tickets for a fellow user or you get a ticket for a guest - what’s the difference? You’re skipping a guest ahead of Albion+ member guests or purchase history window. :shrug:
exactly there will always be someone further down the line claiming greater worthiness or missing out whichever way guest tickets are purchased. this process feels unlikely to get to ST priority 4 guests and certainly won't reach Albion plus guests.

were we to reach the final guests won't even come into the equation

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I was ST priority window 1 for this game but certainly haven’t been to “at least half” of the away games. I usually manage 3 or 4 a season. Hence for the Arsenal tickets going on sale next week, I’m still in priority group 2.

I do think that those with purchase history - particularly the away cup games this season - should have been given the chance to purchase ahead of guests.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
I too was in P1 for semi final but in P2 for away games. It seems semi final P1 was a lot bigger than usual.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I think a lot of Japanese fans bought my Albion+ this season.
I went to the club shop this morning just after 11, when it opened, to buy my foam FA Cup. The shop had at least one coachload of Japanese children in there, all buying bags full of stuff.
There’s a vending machine, where you can personalise key rings and other souvenirs, which was surrounded by them.
The club have cleverly employed a Japanese shop assistant, to help with any language barriers.
I got my foam cup, but couldn’t buy an inflatable seagull, as they’d sold out. I couldn’t resist a new garden gnome, a crested tray and two shot glasses.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
I went to the club shop this morning just after 11, when it opened, to buy my foam FA Cup. The shop had at least one coachload of Japanese children in there, all buying bags full of stuff.
There’s a vending machine, where you can personalise key rings and other souvenirs, which was surrounded by them.
The club have cleverly employed a Japanese shop assistant, to help with any language barriers.
I got my foam cup, but couldn’t buy an inflatable seagull, as they’d sold out. I couldn’t resist a new garden gnome, a crested tray and two shot glasses.
Is the gnome going to Wembley with you?

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Blimey, as an Albion fan of a fair few decades its hard to get my head around all of this.

E1BBN2

Mar 29, 2023
If guests are just guests, then it shouldn’t be tiered- just one window for guests.

Also, if there was some kind of system of assigning names to guest tickets, we’d see who is more deserving/attends games etc.
season ticket guests don’t have a purchase history because they come as guests.

And as for the loyal superfans knowing who to invite etc, messages in this thread suggest some have bought tickets for United fans, so.....

I guess in future, if wanting to be eligible for these games, one should become MyAlbion+ and get tickets as a member, rather than coming as a STH guest.

E1BBN2

Mar 29, 2023
If guests are just guests, then it shouldn’t be tiered- just one window for guests.

Also, if there was some kind of system of assigning names to guest tickets, we’d see who is more deserving/attends games etc.

I guess in future, if wanting to be eligible for these games, one should become MyAlbion+ and get tickets as a member, rather than coming as a STH guest.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

Well yeah. The only point of ST guests is making having an ST more attractive to a ST holder or a potential ST holder. It isn’t about the guests, it’s about rewarding the ST holder that they are able to bring a guest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports