[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Do you take him to many games in the season?
He’s been to one game - the Espanyol pre-season.

He loved meeting Gully beforehand and enjoyed the stadium, but couldn’t care less about the football.

Within 20 minutes “football is so looong” “this is boring” and by about 60 mins (bear in mind we are banging goals in) “can we go now”.

I know I need to be patient with it, and he is a hyperactive kid with a short attention span who can’t sit still.

I sit in the north so not really easy taking him to league games. Think I’ll try the preseason again next season and see if he has progressed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Considering the capacity is 90k, 30k cooperate etc is sickening enough - 50k coorperate/freebies would be insane!!
The FA have always issued tickets to the final to every club that enters the competition. That is history and the reason why there’s less tickets for a final than a semi final for the competing clubs.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
The FA have always issued tickets to the final to every club that enters the competition. That is history and the reason why there’s less tickets for a final than a semi final for the competing clubs.
Yep all FAs and every club that played in it gets 2 tickets I think

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
So I gave in and bought my two, and hope I get another single nearby on the MyAlbion+ guest tiers so I don't have to sort out childcare for daughter number 2, and I don't have to endure the rants of anger that she won't be coming.................. :p

Of course if any STH's have a guest ticket allowance they won't be using, I'll be very very nice to you and promise not to start any more stupid threads when drunk........ :whistle:
If anyone should get a STH guest ticket on here it should be you!
@Kalimantan Gull was the really kind NSCer who got me & my kids to Wembley in 2019 through ST guest tickets.
He didn't/doesn't know me, I didn't/don't know him. I admit that I was s**ting myself until we got through the turnstiles (sorry if that sounds rude KG!).
Can someone please forward the kindness to him? There is no-one on here more deserving to get a STH guest ticket imo. :blush:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

He loved meeting Gully beforehand and enjoyed the stadium, but couldn’t care less about the football.

Within 20 minutes “football is so looong” “this is boring” and by about 60 mins (bear in mind we are banging goals in) “can we go now”.

I know I need to be patient with it, and he is a hyperactive kid with a short attention span who can’t sit still.

I sit in the north so not really easy taking him to league games. Think I’ll try the preseason again next season and see if he has progressed.

Ah. I think it's unrealistic to expect him to suddenly be interested in it, when he probably has no idea what's going on. My kids shared a season ticket from the age of 4/5, and I'd find way of making the day more interesting. So I'd read to them before kickoff (and half time), and then after kickoff I'd just talk quietly with them about which team had the ball and who kicked it out, and (more interestingly to them) how many minutes of the 45 we'd played - and I'd give them a sweet every 5 minutes or something so they'd let me know when that time came. They liked it when the crowd cheered and got to know the player's names, and we'd just chat a bit so the day had something in it for them. They just got more interested as time went on and now they both have a season ticket.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow
I had taken my daughters to at least 1 home and 1 away game from around 4-6 months old. They are 15 & 12 now. I signed them up as Junior Seagulls from birth. When we reached the Premier League for the first time the Junior Seagulls scheme did not carry over. I tried to buy tickets for a home game and was asked their purchase history. I said they had attended blah, blah every year since birth. "Sorry sir, I mean what is their Premier League purchase history?"
"Brighton have never been in the Premier League before, so zero!"
It was the first season I failed to get them to a game and only COVID has stopped me since.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
If anyone should get a STH guest ticket on here it should be you!
@Kalimantan Gull was the really kind NSCer who got me & my kids to Wembley in 2019 through ST guest tickets.
He didn't/doesn't know me, I didn't/don't know him. I admit that I was s**ting myself until we got through the turnstiles (sorry if that sounds rude KG!).
Can someone please forward the kindness to him? There is no-one on here more deserving to get a STH guest ticket imo. :blush:
I’ve offered 👍

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I had taken my daughters to at least 1 home and 1 away game from around 4-6 months old. They are 15 & 12 now. I signed them up as Junior Seagulls from birth. When we reached the Premier League for the first time the Junior Seagulls scheme did not carry over. I tried to buy tickets for a home game and was asked their purchase history. I said they had attended blah, blah every year since birth. "Sorry sir, I mean what is their Premier League purchase history?"
"Brighton have never been in the Premier League before, so zero!"
It was the first season I failed to get them to a game and only COVID has stopped me since.
Happy to help if KG doesn’t want them - can only do group 2 though…

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
I have a 156 myalbion + points but find myself in myalbion priority 3 tommorow.. seems quite a high amount of points was needed to be in priority group 2. Was a season ticket holder since for 7 years and only gave it up last season. Does anyone have a rough idea how many points were needed for my Albion priority 1 & 2?
I bought MyAlbion+ for my ex-step-grandson just 12 days before the Grimsby game. He has 62 points, and was Priority 2 (i.e. ticket bought this afternoon).

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Ah. I think it's unrealistic to expect him to suddenly be interested in it, when he probably has no idea what's going on.
To clarify, I wasn’t expecting him to suddenly be interested, and I have had football on plenty of times at home and often explained to him what’s going on - he’s slowly starting to get it.

His big thing though is he’s just so hyperactive - he wants to be the one kicking the balls, doesn’t want to be watching others do it.

I know he’ll get there, and need to be patient.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Based on the semi it would probably sell out to A+ tier 2 in that case I guess…….
The club would take, I'd estimate, around 2,000 for staff, partners, sponsors and player connections, leaving around 28.500 for fans.

This is based on Liverpool last year, who are very transparent about ticket allocations...

The breakdown of LFC’s full ticket allocation is:​
  • General supporter allocation: 77 per cent
  • Contractual supporter allocation; to include seasonal hospitality members and priority rights holders: 16 per cent
  • Matchday officials/first-team players/media: 6 per cent
  • Commercial partners – contractual obligations: 1 per cent
That was on their 34,000 semi-final allocation, where 7% equates to 2,380.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
His big thing though is he’s just so hyperactive - he wants to be the one kicking the balls, doesn’t want to be watching others do it.
Are you still talking about your son or RDZ? 🤔

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
To clarify, I wasn’t expecting him to suddenly be interested, and I have had football on plenty of times at home and often explained to him what’s going on - he’s slowly starting to get it.

I know he’ll get there, and need to be patient.
If you don’t, I won’t ever talk to you again 👍😜

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

You can probably use that - when you watch it on tv together, you can watch what a player does and then go an emulate it in the garden/park. Then see what else you can see a player do, to go and emulate.

Just don't blame me if you find he's been watching spurs and starts rolling around the floor when anyone touches him.

Comrade Sam

Comrade Sam
Jan 31, 2013
Walthamstow

He'll get there. But a real game is different, the kids buzz off the atmosphere and a friendly won't cut it. When they're that young, unfortunately you lean on the bribes: bag of sweets at half time, doodle in the program, wave a flag, loo trips, drink and food, trip to the shop. Bring granddad or a mate and their dad. Spread the distraction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports