Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
So - this is the last batch before Albion+. Just thinking forwards to when we get to the final (!) - if there's around 25,000 tickets for the final as opposed to 34,000 - us Albion+ lot are going to be lucky to get a ticket I think. They may have to rejig the Albion+ tiers as well, as it seems as though Tier 1 is quite large.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
I'd say on maybe 30-31,000 actually went on sale - some are held back for staff and family and there are also restricted view seats that down go on sale until the rest are sold. So i would say we have sold 17-18,000 ?
staff went on sale just before STP 1 window

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Waiting til Wednesday so I can take my Dad.
Looks like we're f***ed for lower tiers already.

Beginning to get a little worried as I imagine we have a lot of My Albion plus members this season.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
So - this is the last batch before Albion+. Just thinking forwards to when we get to the final (!) - if there's around 25,000 tickets for the final as opposed to 34,000 - us Albion+ lot are going to be lucky to get a ticket I think. They may have to rejig the Albion+ tiers as well, as it seems as though Tier 1 is quite large.

Chelsea had 30,500 last season.
No reason we wouldn't get something of that order

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
No - I'd say c17,000.

The club kept a chunk back for staff, partners and player family etc, and the restricted view tickets haven't been put on sale yet.
So roughly half sold (60% of what was available) and then into members plus season ticket holders waiting to buy with members. Suspect 1st members window may see a similar take up as this morning.

Positive set up for sales by the club here, its working well and allowing people to buy in groups with a level of choice available

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Last year both clubs got 30,500 for the final.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I'd need to take jnr with me otherwise he'd never speak to me again (until he wanted dinner anyway), but whilst it's ok for him to look after me at the Amex as he can pinpoint our location & someone could get to us in 10 mins, he'd not have a clue what to do in London. My adult son would be the one looking after me (although he'd panic as well) but none of us would want to sit on our own. Blimey this is all very complicated. It's very simple at the Amex! 🤷‍♀️
So do you have tickets for Wembley, and if not, are you planning to get some? If the latter, I'm happy to do as I said to Sue if you're not able to login yet.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Chelsea had 30,500 last season.
No reason we wouldn't get something of that order
Oh - that's great. Should have done a bit more research - I see it used to be 25,000, and they put it up 5-6 years ago.

That gives a lot more chance then!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
In '83 we had 27k at the semi and got only 25k for the final (of which a large number went to utd fans in the lower tier). We got 30k for the replay iirc.

Highbury had a 55k capacity then and wembley was 100k for daytime and 90k for evening games. I think we may have been one of the last 100k cup finals

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Still mental that for the cup final there could be 30,000 people there who dont support either team.
15k in club wembley/boxes and debentures (tunnel side halfway line lower tier) plus fa give tickets to all member clubs/associations and sponsors

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Waiting til Wednesday so I can take my Dad.
Looks like we're f***ed for lower tiers already.

Beginning to get a little worried as I imagine we have a lot of My Albion plus members this season.
Sure you'll be fine. These priority windows aren't random, the club wouldn't have bothered with STH guest windows if they had expected them to sell out before then. If we have 24,000 STH then how many members on top of that will we realistically have? Twice as many? How many of them will actually want to (and be proactive enough) to buy a tickets? 80%? Say that's about 19,000 and there are still about 12,000 left. So as long as you are on the ball and purchase as soon as you can, you'll be fine.

Don't under-estimate the amount of people that will say they 'couldn't get a ticket for Wembley' who either didn't bother trying or logged on the week before the game to try and buy one.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
So roughly half sold (60% of what was available) and then into members plus season ticket holders waiting to buy with members. Suspect 1st members window may see a similar take up as this morning.

Positive set up for sales by the club here, its working well and allowing people to buy in groups with a level of choice available
I think this morning was always going to be busy due to "waiters" from groups 1-3...

1. Post-covid, when the club allowed a ST name change amnesty, a lot of people took the opportunity to put a ticket in the name of the main user. This included me - my daughter was off to university, so I was able to put it in my son's name. My daughter would have had a lot of points due to longevity but my son has relatively few, making him group 4. I think a fair few people were in a similar position.

2. Those who go to away games and ended up in a higher tier than others, often children, they sit with at the Amex.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sure enough, me and the 2 other STs have had to jump and get ours now, because we really wanted lower tier at the 45 quid category.

I will do what I can for the guests next week, but yeah, it's going to sell out easily isn't it?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
So do you have tickets for Wembley, and if not, are you planning to get some? If the latter, I'm happy to do as I said to Sue if you're not able to login yet.
I don't have any, I'd have to find a generous season ticket holder STH if it goes that far. Although I was bought Albion+ membership last week for next season & it says we're in priority 3 for Wembley??? I can also buy for Everton but not Utd? How can that be, when it takes 14 days to activate and it's for next season? I'm even more confused now! 🤷‍♀️

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Sure enough, me and the 2 other STs have had to jump and get ours now, because we really wanted lower tier at the 45 quid category.

I will do what I can for the guests next week, but yeah, it's going to sell out easily isn't it?
I was amazed at how the Lower Tier got cleaned out this morning after I bought mine.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
what do you do when you do not renew your ST….does your MyAlbion just carry on regardless ?
It seems Im still a member ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here