Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup Semi-Final v Man Utd - 4:30pm, Sunday 23rd April

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Must have been a very quick check. Last season it was 30,500. Pretty much the whole Amex including away end. Plenty really.
It was a quick check and even if your figures are correct it’s a full Withdean less than the semi final, so plenty who go to the semi will miss out on the final, whoever gets there.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
30,500 for last years final but after giving out to staff, players and sponsors etc I reckon there might only actually be 25,000ish on sale

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Plenty? There will be loads of us who won't get tickets for the final if we get there!
3000 more than our normal home crowd (5000 more than home end bums on seats most likely).

It'll go MyAlbion+ for sure. If you don't have that membership, or enough points on it then it just proves the system works :shrug:

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
That's always the way though. We've had to make the semi open to anonymous "guests" to shift the full lot.
You’re all heart :smile:

One of my “guests“ has been running a hockey club every weekend until last week and hasn’t been able to get to many games, but is an ardent fan of longer standing than me!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
You’re all heart :smile:

One of my “guests“ has been running a hockey club every weekend until last week and hasn’t been able to get to many games, but is an ardent fan of longer standing than me!
Irrelevant. The system is designed to favour those who go to games the most regularly and so it should. If you don't like it, write to Tony.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Irrelevant. The system is designed to favour those who go to games the most regularly and so it should. If you don't like it, write to Tony.
Somewhat aggressive, no need to write to anyone as I don’t disagree with the system in any way, just have sympathy for people who go when they can who want to watch the Albion in games where the uber fans are guaranteed first dibs on the tickets anyway, which they should be.

I will go out my way to get my non season ticket holding mate, who can’t make weekend games during most of the season because of work, a ticket for the final, should we be lucky enough to get there. :shrug:

It will be much harder given the reduction of seats for the final, should we make it. He’s still probably more deserving than fans of other league clubs who get an allocation I think though :smile:

Last edited:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Eh? Nobody is saying the system isn't fair. Just that 30,500 is not "plenty", because it isn't. We are taking 38,000 to this semi, which pretty much proves the point. One third of people travelling on Sunday won't be able to go to the final if we get there.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Eh? Nobody is saying the system isn't fair. Just that 30,500 is not "plenty", because it isn't. We are taking 38,000 to this semi, which pretty much proves the point. One third of people travelling on Sunday won't be able to go to the final if we get there.
Fear not! I have it on good authority that the match will be televised.

BrightonLoyal

Apr 1, 2020
I bought a couple of tickets in the second batch when season ticket holders could get an extra two.

So I’m taking it when my friends download them the tickets will have my name on them?

Just seems odd that the mail Brighton sent out says to take ID when some tickets aren’t in the holders name?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Icy Gull was saying it wasn’t fair because his hockey club mate couldn’t go. That quote wasn’t even in response to you :shrug:

The Cup Final has never had “fair” allocation, which would be half the ground each, but when only 25k can be arsed to turn up to home games then 30.5k is, indeed, plenty.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Icy Gull was saying it wasn’t fair because his hockey club mate couldn’t go. That quote wasn’t even in response to you :shrug:

The Cup Final has never had “fair” allocation, which would be half the ground each, but when only 25k can be arsed to turn up to home games then 30.5k is, indeed, plenty.
At no stage have I said anything is not fair have I? It’s completely fair but it will be a bigger challenge to get tickets to for non season ticket holders or Albion+ members If we make the final. Hard to believe but some fans can’t get to most games because of other commitments., nothing to do with “not being arsed” They are still fans though, just not paying ones on a weekly basis. Untermensch who deserve nothing, if you like :lolol:

I am sure there are plenty of others who would love to be ST holders and go to away games but can’t afford it.

Are you having a bad day???

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
At no stage have I said anything is not fair have I? It’s completely fair but it will be a bigger challenge to get tickets to for non season ticket holders or Albion+ members If we make the final. Hard to believe but some fans can’t get to most games because of other commitments., nothing to do with “not be arsed” They are still fans though, just not paying ones on a weekly basis. Untermensch who deserve nothing, if you like :lolol:
Your tone suggested it, but we’re veering off topic. There are tickets on the exchange for every home game. There are general sale tickets for “difficult” away games. There are tickets available for Forest away right now. There will be plenty of Cup Final tickets for people who have used those routes to see games

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Pawson is ref for Sunday with Michael Oliver on VAR.
Attwell doing the other semi.

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
IF we get to the final. There should be an oppertunity for those with purchase history to join a lottery of some sorts to secure a ticket IMO.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here