Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA cup second round draw

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
We'll get Middlesborough or Derby.

I'm thinking Bolton or some other such dismal northern team from the same sort of level as us.

I'd like Fulham if it's an away tie, please. Haven't been there for YEARS.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It would be really dull to get a team from our league.

Higher or lower please.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
It would be really dull to get a team from our league.

Higher or lower please.

Yep. One of those cup ties that's shown right at the end of the programme because it features neither a Premier League team nor any sort of minnow.

The Leicester v Wigan of cup ties.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Arsenal away.

New ground for me, plus Wenger would play his reserves and we would win.

Or Everton. Never been there either.

We haven't played Everton since 1983 - the longest time since a match for any league team ( we've never played Accrington, Burton, Fleetwood, Morecombe or Stevenage).

Last edited:

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Wouldnt mind the winner of Fleetwood or Burton, of course getting Fleetwood means a trip to Blackpool too, though im pretty sure its even worse than it normally is in January.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
I'd like Fulham if it's an away tie, please. Haven't been there for YEARS.

Shades of 1995. Think that would've been the last time Brighton played Fulham in a cup competition, that bitterly cold December night at the Goldstone when a forgettable replay went to penalties and Dean Wilkins sent his high into the North Stand and Ian Chapman had his hit the crossbar as Fulham ended up winning. Fulham were a division below Brighton at the time. Think from memory that match got televised on Sky. Can't think they would have been entertained much.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
of course getting Fleetwood means a trip to Blackpool too, though im pretty sure its even worse than it normally is in January.

Yeah. I remember going there once for a stag weekend at the end of May and most of the rides were closed due to high winds. Can't imagine there'd be much going on other than Elvis impersonators in January.

timco

Jul 5, 2003
Birmingham
Pleased for Tamworth who have got a plum tie against Bristol City. Hope that one is on TV. It's one of the nicest towns in England and has escaped all the migrants from the last ten years or going back further, 30 years that has ruined so many other places.

But the people from it are so inbred! :)

Only joking Tamworth away would be nice but as I am working with no chance of holiday I would need it on the Sunday or the Monday.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here