FA Cup Round 4 Brighton & Hove Albion v Newcastle United** Official Match Thread **

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Way past my bed time, but apart from the winning, seeing all the Palace spastics on here spacking out trying to equate getting to the semi of some shitty-made-up-tinpot-cup with the FA Cup just made my night. f***ing morons!

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAGULLS!!!!

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
ESPN are f***ing GUTTED. Everything about their coverage is about how bad it is for Newcastle to lose. Someone tell them we love the underdog in this country.

Whatever, f*** 'em.

We won, we earned it, they can f*** off, we're through, they're not. :)

In contrast and to their eternal credit, the ever-excellent coverage on Fox Soccer here in the US was fantastic and entirely free of this kind thing. They did a really superb job and were loving the stadium, the atmosphere and the result.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
ijcr28gyc2jze.png

I just love this pic....

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I'm studying up near Durham, and was so desperate to see the game on the TV that I ended up going to some pub in Teesside. There I was on my own, sitting in the corner with my J2O, with 20 to 30 burly regulars sitting close by. I thought I would get owned if I jumped up when the goal went in, but they joined in with the cheering. A great night, big up the Albion!!

True story.

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
I'm studying up near Durham, and was so desperate to see the game on the TV that I ended up going to some pub in Teesside. There I was on my own, sitting in the corner with my J2O, with 20 to 30 burly regulars sitting close by. I thought I would get owned if I jumped up when the goal went in, but they joined in with the cheering. A great night, big up the Albion!!

True story.
Sunderland fans?

tweenster

Oct 16, 2009
Lincoln
I chose to stay at home and watch the match on ESPN HD with a fridge full of beer and Mrs T making home made curry. What an evening! OK, the match wasn't a classic and, if I'm honest, we were half a yard slower (the difference between a Premiership side and a Championship side?). But, the whole team stood up to be counted and we got the result we deserved. I thought John Barnes' comments were fair but Steve Harper was gutted after the match, although I LOVED his comment about the work he did to improve Big Pete's confidence in goal. I suspect I may have a hangover tomorrow. SEAGULLS!

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Jeese...only just recovered enough to post.....so so proud of the lads tonight. Looked so solid at the back, and as for Will...well...i think i want his babies....and i'm a man!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I bet the Mackems are creaming this result? At least they took us to extra time.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Possibly because he learned through Twitter first he was out?

He knew yesterday. Mate of mine was at the training ground for a flying visit, part of the seagulls down under group so managed to meet the team. Was far from impressed, he himself thought he was fit.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Not taking it that well up north then....' I'm going to Newcastle Airport now with my shovel to wait for the team to get back (i don't care how long i have to wait). I'm going to hit him square on the heed. Sharp bit first! '

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports