Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Fa cup round 3 draw

kevo

Mar 8, 2008

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Alfreton and Walsall both in the draw for R3 with the game just being called off 6 minutes before KO live on BBC1. :rolleyes:

The perils and potential pitfalls of live football coverage.

Replaced on BBC1 with Money For Nothing...which is probably what the away fans are thinking with their travel costs.

Last edited:

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
It's about 50 miles as the crow flies, so could have been a lot worse I suppose.
I'm struggling to think - how?

The decision should have been made at 9am before everyone travelled, not five minutes before kick-off. It's a frozen pitch, not a sudden heavy downpour causing a waterlog. I hope Alfreton sue the referee or BBC for losing their £50k appearance fee. Money at that level is precious.

Serves them right though for beating Worthing in the first round. 😛

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
I'm struggling to think - how?

The decision should have been made at 9am before everyone travelled, not five minutes before kick-off. It's a frozen pitch, not a sudden heavy downpour causing a waterlog. I hope Alfreton sue the referee or BBC for losing their £50k appearance fee. Money at that level is precious.

Serves them right though for beating Worthing in the first round. 😛
It could have been further.

Edit to add... yes it should have been called off earlier. I wonder if the BBC had a say in matter, and the officials over ruled them? If so, then good.
But as you say, it definately should have been called off earlier.

Last edited:

Durlston

"Two grams please!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
West Brom v Leicester is DREADFUL so there's only the snooker until 3pm now.

Ronnie playing Nick Kygrios!

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Fair point. Gateshead vs Truro City would be the ultimate p*sser! o_O
Something I've always wondered... when the fixture list comes out... do they take into account the miles between grounds, and the time of year?
For example, us v Newcastle in the middle of January or something, as opposed to playing nearer teams, and cutting down on travelling in bad weather?

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Something I've always wondered... when the fixture list comes out... do they take into account the miles between grounds, and the time of year?
For example, us v Newcastle in the middle of January or something, as opposed to playing nearer teams, and cutting down on travelling in bad weather?
On Boxing day I've noticed we always get more local teams eg. A London team. But not many other times I don't think

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
I agree - it's always looked as if the first and second rounds of the FA Cup were generally regionalised.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here