Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup QF Draw Wed 1.3.23

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
May mean nothing but the club website has it down for 18th at 3pm when you look at the fixtures.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Are

Isn't one going to be on the Friday evening? Not us, obviously?
The last Friday night QF was Reading vs Palace in the 15-16 season. The last time a QF game wasn't played on the Saturday or Sunday was the 2016-17 season when Chelsea vs Man Utd took place on a Monday night. Even the Covid delayed season the QF games were played on a Sat/Sun.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I like the answer to the bloke who promised to cook the dinner for Mothering Sunday.

Cook it on Saturday and leave it in the microwave!
A little point, I think they do a good trade on Mother’s Day at the restaurant at Amex. Went there for Father’s Day once. But with us playing on the Weds, it looks more likely to be us on Sunday. Also Man U on Sunday as they player Thurs.

Based on this, I’m guessing we get the earlier slot on the Sunday!

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There is no game on the Friday, all this confusion has been caused by the BBC when making the draw saying the dates of 17,18 and 19th. No team can play on the 17th, plus there’s also live PL game that evening. It’s likely 2 Saturday (1 deffo Man City, probably Sheff Utd) and 2 Sunday (deffo Man United, probably us) but it could be 1 Sat and 3 Sun
Yeh I was thinking that. In fact I’m pretty sure it’s 2 Sat and 2 Sun slots, although could be moved in exceptional circumstances.

I guess it all be announced tomorrow or Sat?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
May mean nothing but the club website has it down for 18th at 3pm when you look at the fixtures.
It can’t be that time because it’s televised and the tv black out rule excludes any time between 245 and 500

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Yeh I was thinking that. In fact I’m pretty sure it’s 2 Sat and 2 Sun slots, although could be moved in exceptional circumstances.

I guess it all be announced tomorrow or Sat?
Should be announced tomorrow I imagine, which gives 2 weeks notice

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A little point, I think they do a good trade on Mother’s Day at the restaurant at Amex. Went there for Father’s Day once. But with us playing on the Weds, it looks more likely to be us on Sunday. Also Man U on Sunday as they player Thurs.

Based on this, I’m guessing we get the earlier slot on the Sunday!
If the match is on the Sunday, there won’t be Mother’s Day lunches.

Grimsby have a match on Tuesday 21st which doesn’t give them much time in between games.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Grimsby have a match on Tuesday 21st which doesn’t give them much time in between games.
Yeh they’ll have to suck it up and just do match day trade I guess. Yeh, I think Man Utd for the late Sunday one is nailed on as that’s the prime time one - so think we’ll be the earlier Sunday due to playing Weds.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Whats arrogant? @sheebo is refering to the club having to suck it up and just have match day trade in the restaurants and not have the mothers day menu they normally have.
Sorry, I was thinking of Grimsby, not the lunches.
I’ll edit my post.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006

Grimsby’s midweek game is changing to Wednesday that week, they have a worse fixture backlog than what we currently do

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Sorry, I was thinking of Grimsby, not the lunches.
I’ll edit my post.
Yeh I meant the restaurant - they do cracking deals on mothers / Father’s Day. One of my most memorable getting taken for lunch there overlooking the Amex pitch 💙

In fact I may drop a hint now about next Father’s Day 🤣

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You’d imagine if there is ANY thought whatsoever for the away fans, they’d choose ideally Man City v Burnley, or otherwise Sheffield Utd v Blackburn, for the Friday night slot.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
You’d imagine if there is ANY thought whatsoever for the away fans, they’d choose ideally Man City v Burnley, or otherwise Sheffield Utd v Blackburn, for the Friday night slot.
Unfortunately Burnley, Blackburn & Sheff Utd are all playing Wednesday 16th so I guess that rules Friday night out for them. Unless they rearrange their league games.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The women’s team play their QF on the Sunday as do Lewes who are playing Man Utd, so a few ties will need to be shifted around, and fast.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here