Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] FA Cup QF Draw Wed 1.3.23

el punal

For the Liverpool game, the club gave STHs first dibs, but they could choose any seat they wanted.

A large number of STHs chose seats that weren't their own - a lot of people like a bit of "stand tourism" for cup games.

I'd guess the club may do the same again, as it seems to be quite popular.
Our “stand tourism” was to move from the West Upper to the Norf Stand for the Liverpool tie. Brilliant! Eight of us in the same row right behind the goal and the bonus being able to witness Mitoma’s wonder strike close up.

Ooh it’s a corner

Aug 28, 2016
Nr. Coventry
I try not to get too carried away as the Albion have always had a way of bringing me back down to earth with a bang but a VERY winnable game for us and just 4 EPL clubs left in the quarters and a Championship side guaranteed to be in the Semis... ONE HAND ON THE F*CKING TROPHY, LADS!!!
Yes……I don’t think you’ve quite nailed ‘not getting too carried away’ though😊

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Read last night. I liked the fella who said his Mrs had been pestering him for years, to go on a weekend away to Brighton, and now she's going to get her wish :)
I like the answer to the bloke who promised to cook the dinner for Mothering Sunday.

Cook it on Saturday and leave it in the microwave!

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I wonder what the Grimsby view on the draw is? They would have been big underdogs whoever they got so would they have preferred a day in Manchester over the less glamorous option of the Albion?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I try not to get too carried away as the Albion have always had a way of bringing me back down to earth with a bang but a VERY winnable game for us and just 4 EPL clubs left in the quarters and a Championship side guaranteed to be in the Semis... ONE HAND ON THE F*CKING TROPHY, LADS!!!
:ffsparr:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
I like the answer to the bloke who promised to cook the dinner for Mothering Sunday.

Cook it on Saturday and leave it in the microwave!
GTFC forum.jpg

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Just seen that with Utd being drawn at home again, that now equals the record of being drawn at home in 10 consecutive domestic cup ties :eek:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Apologies if already asked and answered, but club website has Grimsby as 3pm Saturday 18th March - obviously this will be moved for television, right?

And if so, how soon will we know TV timings? Pretty soon I'm guessing?

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Apologies if already asked and answered, but club website has Grimsby as 3pm Saturday 18th March - obviously this will be moved for television, right?

And if so, how soon will we know TV timings? Pretty soon I'm guessing?
Wont be long until we find out.
Guessing it will be 5.30 p.m Saturday. They are bound to want the Manchester games on the Sunday.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Guessing it will be 5.30 p.m Saturday. They are bound to want the Manchester games on the Sunday.
They won’t have both Manchester teams at home on the same day.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
But for me, Brighton is a fantastic draw. Another long journey no doubt, and I’m going to have to be clever how I square that weekend with the missus given its Mother’s Day on the Sunday,
Just point out to her that she's not your mother......

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
They won’t have both Manchester teams at home on the same day.
This.

I would go LARGE on us being the early game on the Sunday. Enough time for the trains to unf**k themselves, perfect TV appetizer for the Man U game after and those of us who were sensible enough to do Mothering Sunday bargaining already, based on us originally playing United at 2pm on that day won't have to change our domestic arrangements :)

Happy Exile

NSC Patron
Apr 19, 2018
I've got a work thing in Oxford on the Saturday morning that finishes at 12. Praying for an evening Saturday or anytime Sunday kick-off.

Dillis

Aug 29, 2021
I am hearing (although not 100% confirmed) that it will be the Sunday for our match, time TBC. Was hoping it would be the Saturday as Grimsby play the following Tuesday plus it's Mother's Day. Man Utd likely to be Sunday also as they play Europa League the Thursday before so City should play Saturday so they don't clash.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I'm pretty sure it can't be 5.30 on the Saturday, as Sky has Chelsea v Everton live. And obvs they won't have both Manchester teams at home on the same day. So my guess would be Man City v Burnley on Saturday lunchtime, then the three other games on the Sunday (as they did last year).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here