Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] fa cup 3rd round draw

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Of course you're right. The thing that grates my gears is the lazy-stereotypical view of what the club is. Only the very best journalists and pundits dig to uncover the foundations of a successful club. And one of the big reasons for that is that there is no heritage (apart from a charity shield win) during those 70 odd years where we were a lower-division club on one of the southern-most points of England. Huddersfield, Burnley, Wolves, Pompey, Villa, Blackburn, Sunderland, Massive, Everton all first division winners and plenty of those were FA Cup winners too - including Bolton, Blackpool etc. It's going to take years of inhabiting the top division and a recognised trophy win to elevate this club into national football consciousness. You never know, the stars might align and we'll do a Leicester. Then we'd dine at the top table for the next 25 years.

Frankly, who cares? Doesn't matter to me what other people think of the Albion. Bolton, Blackpool, Wednesday, Portsmouth where are they now again?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Frankly, who cares? Doesn't matter to me what other people think of the Albion. Bolton, Blackpool, Wednesday, Portsmouth where are they now again?

Quite, we followed our club through some pretty dark days, bickering jealeousy from others isn't going to make any difference.

I think we've got a good draw, should be a TV tie, Newport have recent history of playing up in the cup and we'll be seen as fair game.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
Quite, we followed our club through some pretty dark days, bickering jealeousy from others isn't going to make any difference.

I think we've got a good draw, should be a TV tie, Newport have recent history of playing up in the cup and we'll be seen as fair game.

Doubt we'll be one of the main games, it was an absolutely belting draw, but with most being BCD they will all be on TV in some way or form anyway. All of the below will be ahead of us as possible TV games:

Chorley v Derby County

Marine v Tottenham Hotspur

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Crystal Palace

Stockport County v West Ham United

Manchester United v Watford

Arsenal v Newcastle

Canvey Island/Boreham Wood v Millwall

Stoke City v Leicester

Crawley v Leeds

QPR v Fulham

Aston Villa v Liverpool

Manchester City v Birmingham

Chelsea v Morecambe

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Why the **** are you (@BeHereNow) picking such a fight with me posting a comment from another clubs fan website? I thought it was funny and I can understand why. You then tear into me for being sympathetic towards an opposing fan thinking that way. FFS. Really? Talk about wanting a row. Honestly, can't be bothered with your insecurity if that's enough for you to get a head of steam up over. I would say chill normally, but actually, just **** off. Go pick a fight at Rodney Parade with the NC fan instead.I hope you find 'em. And they bottle you frankly.

Great profile photo The Peacemaker.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

Indeed. I always hope for a draw local to where I am living. Don’t care beyond that because I am not a glory hunting plastic. Perhaps any Newport fans who are unhappy could watch Liverpool or Manchester Utd on tv instead ? :kiss:

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
FRIDAY 8 JANUARY 2021
Aston Villa v Liverpool (7.45pm*) – BT Sport 1

SATURDAY 9 JANUARY 2021
Chorley v Derby County (12.15pm) – BT Sport 1
Arsenal v Newcastle United (5.30pm) – BBC One
Manchester United v Watford (8pm) – BT Sport 1

SUNDAY 10 JANUARY 2021
Crawley Town v Leeds United (1.30pm) – BBC One
Marine v Tottenham Hotspur (5pm) – BBC One
Newport County v Brighton & Hove Albion (7.45pm) – BT Sport 1

MONDAY 11 JANUARY 2021
Stockport County v West Ham United (8pm) – BT Sport 1

Denis

Mar 25, 2013
Portslade
What is it with all these Sunday evening games for BHA this season? We never seem to get a decent result on Sundays. Apart from Saturday 3pm, I prefer Friday nights.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Looks like a good Sundays viewing. But why the gap of 3.5 hours between 1st and 2nd game. Extra time and penalties at Crawley maybe. Obviously not expecting penalties at Marine.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
It seems so long ago that we actually won a game immediately before an FA Cup tie.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here