Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

FA approach hodgson westbrom give permission to talk!!

I am distinctly underwhelmed by the appointment of Hodgson, and that is probably the most positive I've felt about the England team for a long while now.

If that makes any sense at all.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Congrats, the best Englishman for the job by a mile, I see Redknapp has come out today having ago at the England players not caring.

Bitter much
But Redknapp is right about England players caring more for their club careers than their England prospects. However, as part of managing the country, it would have been his job to try and change that. Ultimately, this situation doesn't take much analysing: for a footballing nation of our resources and size, we have underperformed for decades now, and the English public are sick of it. They perceive part of the problem to be that Champions League winning players don't give a toss because they are so outclassed against similar sized European powers, or come off at half time against Andorra with the score at 0-0. And it is a feeling that is magnified by the media in this country, who big them up way beyond their talent levels so that even the players themselves believe the bullshit, only to knock them down after every predictable crushing disappointment.

A gutsy manager picking underrated players and THINKING tactically might completely change this situation. If we go into this tournament with a young, underrated, but naiive side playing exciting, possession football, even if we went out underservedly in the semis or quarters, I would still be delighted. I just want the pride back in my nation's football team.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Confirmed Rooney will go to the Euros

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
But Redknapp is right about England players caring more for their club careers than their England prospects. However, as part of managing the country, it would have been his job to try and change that. Ultimately, this situation doesn't take much analysing: for a footballing nation of our resources and size, we have underperformed for decades now, and the English public are sick of it. They perceive part of the problem to be that Champions League winning players don't give a toss because they are so outclassed against similar sized European powers, or come off at half time against Andorra with the score at 0-0. And it is a feeling that is magnified by the media in this country, who big them up way beyond their talent levels so that even the players themselves believe the bullshit, only to knock them down after every predictable crushing disappointment.

A gutsy manager picking underrated players and THINKING tactically might completely change this situation. If we go into this tournament with a young, underrated, but naiive side playing exciting, possession football, even if we went out underservedly in the semis or quarters, I would still be delighted. I just want the pride back in my nation's football team.

Of course he is right, but he is already trying to put pressure on Woy as he believes (wrongly) he should have got the job.

Woy is more likely to bring pride back to England than Redkanpp, He is a tactical dinosour.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Of course he is right, but he is already trying to put pressure on Woy as he believes (wrongly) he should have got the job.

Woy is more likely to bring pride back to England than Redkanpp, He is a tactical dinosour.
I'm not sure how pointing out that England players prefer their club careers is putting Hodgson under pressure to be honest. Apart from that, I agree with you over Redknapp. I can't believe how he has managed to progress his career to the extent that he ever got the gig at moneybags Tottingham.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I'm not sure how pointing out that England players prefer their club careers is putting Hodgson under pressure to be honest. Apart from that, I agree with you over Redknapp. I can't believe how he has managed to progress his career to the extent that he ever got the gig at moneybags Tottingham.

Maybe i am looking to much into it, but having to have to deal with the shite that has come out of his mouth since he took over as that effect on you.

Most fans want rid of him for a number of reason, not all result based.

He is a chancer, Levy brought him in as a firefighter and he got lucky with the squad he had when he came in.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
People moaning we not got twitchy

Twitchy Comp 10mill

Woy comp 0mill

Woy wages are half that of capellos where as twitchy would have been the same as capellos i would think.

Good business really

Last edited:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
And he'd have started one trick pony Jermaine Defoe in virtually every game. :nono:

Doesnt start him at Spurs because we play 4511 with Ade and Defoe is to thick/lazy/unskilled to play the lone striker role.

I would assume he would have played the same formation for England with Rooney in the VDV role so it would have been Crouch!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here