Votes: 4 40.0%
  • Shanghai

Votes: 6 60.0%

• Total voters

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
I think the new Shanghai track looks ver nice
18685_2.jpg

Bahrain also looks impressive, but has a couple of things that could put the cars under seriously high stress levels, I can see it turning into more an endurance race with lots of drop outs then just pure speed.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Yeah but Shanghai doesn't actually look like that because it's still a building site.

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
18943_2.jpg
I think it will be the nicest track in the callender, far better then Bahrain.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
It will certainly be very impressive when its finished.
Lets just hope they finish it time or Schumacher and co will be racing bulldozers.

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
80's Seagull said:
It will certainly be very impressive when its finished.
Lets just hope they finish it time or Schumacher and co will be racing bulldozers.

Least it will be more interesting then!

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
_39235245_button_ralfget.jpg

Button all the way!
But I fear Montoya will be the only consistant threat to Ferrari. Webber doesn't have the luck needed. Mclaren at the moment have a poor drive, and Ralf.....can't see that anything will go on there, maybe one or two races, but not season long. Ferrari will walk it and that hurts to say.

albiongirl

Jul 10, 2003
mileoak
It will be very interesting I'm a Jaguar fan and support Webber but overall suppott the Brits. The fact it is a track that no one has raced at before is makes it more competitive.

jail bird

Oct 19, 2003
sin bin
Montoya is the only real threat to Schumacher this season, he has the raw talent and determination. Ferrari however have the fastest and most reliable car.

Montoya may have to wait another year to get the championship he deserves...

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Williams ought to have some advantage at the weekend being the only team that has actually tested at the new Bahrain track.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Makes you wonder how long Silverstone has got left unless soem serious cash injection is produced!!

:nono:

Agreed however, looks very impressive!!!:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
the BRDC and Jackie Stewart have spent a lot of time, money and effort on Silverstone and it has improve no end, unfortunately they cant compete against places like Bahrain and China because its all financed by the state . . . .regardless of who's in power, it aint gonna happen here, England is the centre of the world as far as motorsport goes, most CART and F1 cars are designed manufactured and built here for a start, we have absolutely superb resources which generate billions every year . . . .for successive governements to overlook that is f***ing appalling. . . .and as long as that weasely little dwarf has a financial stranglehold on F1 finance its not going to change, wherever the money is . . .he'll go.

The Loss of a British GP could have catastrophic consequences to a major British industry.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
zefarelly said:
the BRDC and Jackie Stewart have spent a lot of time, money and effort on Silverstone and it has improve no end, unfortunately they cant compete against places like Bahrain and China because its all financed by the state . . . .regardless of who's in power, it aint gonna happen here, England is the centre of the world as far as motorsport goes, most CART and F1 cars are designed manufactured and built here for a start, we have absolutely superb resources which generate billions every year . . . .for successive governements to overlook that is f***ing appalling. . . .and as long as that weasely little dwarf has a financial stranglehold on F1 finance its not going to change, wherever the money is . . .he'll go.

The Loss of a British GP could have catastrophic consequences to a major British industry.

WELL SAID THAT MAN! :bounce:

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Bahrain does look good . . . .quite how they'll keep the sand off the track I dont know . . . . .wont do grip much favours :eek:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I do know Jackie Stewart is Endeavouringg to get money spent on Silverstone, but I do also also know Bernie.E isn't that keen on the place. Agree however, it would be a travesty to lose the circuit due to most of F/1 teams manufacturing in Britain and motor sports history!

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
zefarelly said:
Bahrain does look good . . . .quite how they'll keep the sand off the track I don’t know . . . . .wont do grip much favours :eek:

Organisers have sprayed glue on the sand immediately surrounding the track.....but how effective this will be is unknown. The heat will cause a lot of drop outs, especially after pit stops, predicted temp (catop) For Friday free practice though, when teams choose which tyre compound to go for, temperatures will be slightly cooler at a maximum of 28 degrees (19 minimum).

Although ambient temperatures will not be too dissimilar to Malaysia, track temperatures are expected to be above 50 degrees due to the dark colouring of the tarmac, which retains heat.

The result of this race will determine the future of other countries bids to host a F1 race...mainly India, Egypt and Mexico.

:flameboun The fitness and concentration levels of the drivers will also be tested to their limits.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Drivers must be pissed off, as they are not allowed to spray the traditional champagne at the end of the race.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports