[Misc] F1 2021

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

theroyal

May 11, 2014
LOL at Horner saying "you don't overtake at Copse" and then Lewis immediately doing it twice in the same race :lolol:

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Worth looking out for the excellent summary from Chandhok if you can catch it. Have to remember C4s Coultard and Webster both ex-RedBull boys, both still do stuff for RB - never going to criticise their ex-team.

Chandhok pointed out however what many on this thread have said; Max’s first lap was a mess, he went off early leaving the track, should have conceded the place but didn’t came back on and bumped LH, but normal rules don’t apply to MV (my opinion not Chandhok’s). From there MV’s lines were all over the place, basically driving by his mirrors to LH rather than the track, and so it came to Copse, he started wide but moved to the centre as he realised LH had far more pace, a really late move - a line no one takes into Copse, he then turns in knowing LH will be there as if he has a divine right to the line he wants.

I’m not saying LH is innocent, it looked like he did have some understeer, but MV could have stayed on wider line through the turn.

This is the summary I saw when I quoted above. Pretty clear MV makes a decision to turn in on LH, not due to oversteer or anything else, he makes the decision. Now LH may well have understeered and shares blame, but seeing this, the protests from Redbull seem about as honest and sincere as a can of Redbull is nutritionally good for you.

D

Deleted member 2719

Penny for your thoughts, Mouldy...?

This is the summary I saw when I quoted above. Pretty clear MV makes a decision to turn in on LH, not due to oversteer or anything else, he makes the decision. Now LH may well have understeered and shares blame, but seeing this, the protests from Redbull seem about as honest and sincere as a can of Redbull is nutritionally good for you.

Looks like fake news to me.

Sky should not be able to doctor their thumbnails in this way.

Just look at Maxs rear right wheel, Hamilton has already hit it twisting his car sideways, making it look like a severe cut in from Max.

Sky are misrepresenting.

Unreal.

Some will suck it up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210719-165152.jpg
    Screenshot_20210719-165152.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 96

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Looks like fake news to me.

Sky should not be able to doctor their thumbnails in this way.

Just look at Maxs rear right wheel, Hamilton has already hit it twisting his car sideways, making it look like a severe cut in from Max.

Sky are misrepresenting.

Unreal.

Some will suck it up.

You need to click through to the twitter link to Karun Chandhok's summary on Sky, which will probably be available on catchup in full at some point. Chandhok's analysis goes further than just this twitter link which shows how MV turned in, as he also talks about MV's erratic driving up to that point. Also listen to the BBC F1 Podcast if you have an open mind. Only reason I've posted the links etc. is because I've been looking for as many expert points of view as possible before making my own mind up.

[tweet]1416808444573765632[/tweet]

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
If I could I would punish Verstappen by making him ride in the next world superbike races.
As he gets overtaken with a jab from an elbow for good measure he would soon stop winging as he come flying off through the gravel with the bike spinning over his head.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
1b6523792803ea4dcba977619526f6c6.png

Lewis had every right to go for that corner according to the rules. He is on the inside and his car is more than halfway alongside Max’s.

Max aggressively turned in on Lewis hoping he would brake.

Lewis didn’t as he won’t be bullied any more.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
You need to click through to the twitter link to Karun Chandhok's summary on Sky, which will probably be available on catchup in full at some point. Chandhok's analysis goes further than just this twitter link which shows how MV turned in, as he also talks about MV's erratic driving up to that point. Also listen to the BBC F1 Podcast if you have an open mind. Only reason I've posted the links etc. is because I've been looking for as many expert points of view as possible before making my own mind up.

Yep I watched Karun’s excellent summary during the red flag break and posted his (another ex racer) comments that it wasn’t Lewis fault on post 420

What is clear is that the Hamilton haters and Red Bull are so biased that their comments can be treated with complete disdain, no room at all for discussion. Just point the finger at Hamilton in what was very much a racing incident.

I believe the Stewards got it wrong but it is what it is

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
For me the decisive information came from Chandhok showing three separate bits of footage in previous races where Hamilton had to yield to avoid collision. This incident was identical to those, only this time Lewis didn't yield to avoid contact, and it was the Red Bull that paid the price.

For me this was a racing incident - and I agree with Chandhok and Damon Hill who both drew that conclusion yesterday. Christian Horner's reaction was way over the top and he made himself look a bit of a fool. Similarly, Max's reaction was naive.

Lewis is now in a great position. He has Verstappen and Red Bull rattled. He has 7 World Championships in the bank and the pressure is all on Max.

If you're after a thrilling season of F1 racing then this is absolutely the best thing that could have happened for the Driver Championship. Some of the best sport is when you get a GOAT at the end of his career against a young upstart seeking to usurp him. This is like Phil Taylor vs Van Gerwen, Sonny Liston vs Cassius Clay, Steve Davis v Stephen Hendry, Navratilova vs Graf.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
BTW, what a great summariser Karun Chandhok has turned out to be

D

Deleted member 2719

Would you agree with the fact that the thumbnail looks fake news then, as you didn't really say???

I hate clickbait like that, it only cheapens F1.

I will say Max was racing as he is allowed to by the rules. Karun is just looking to build a case for the reckless Hamilton, IMO.
Everyone I know in the game who are not connected to Merc says, Lewis was trying to do the impossible at the pace they were going on the line that they took and he was too far back and wasn't alongside Max's enough.

You didn't mention Jenson's point of view, he has way more experience than you, I and Karun.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Would you agree with the fact that the thumbnail looks fake news then, as you didn't really say???

I hate clickbait like that, it only cheapens F1.

I will say Max was racing as he is allowed to by the rules. Karun is just looking to build a case for the reckless Hamilton, IMO.
Everyone I know in the game who are not connected to Merc says, Lewis was trying to do the impossible at the pace they were going on the line that they took and he was too far back and wasn't alongside Max's enough.

You didn't mention Jenson's point of view, he has way more experience than you, I and Karun.

Or Damon Hill's, Joylon Palmer's etc. – from what I've seen and read, opinions range from Hamilton's fault to racing incident to Verstappen's fault.

Everyone on this thread knows you believe Hamilton is reckless and so you made your mind up before the first replay I expect, and before you got lots of texts from the paddock from all your pals in the game.

Regardless, it's certainly not clear cut and the 10 second penalty from the stewards confirms they didn't think it was clear cut either.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
Yep I watched Karun’s excellent summary during the red flag break and posted his (another ex racer) comments that it wasn’t Lewis fault on post 420

What is clear is that the Hamilton haters and Red Bull are so biased that their comments can be treated with complete disdain, no room at all for discussion. Just point the finger at Hamilton in what was very much a racing incident.

I believe the Stewards got it wrong but it is what it is

Formula 1 managers and drivers make Premier League managers and players look like Rugby Union.
Whether they are right or wrong or anywhere inbetween they fight like kids and are so far up their backsides.
The 10 second has been and gone, rightly or wrongly, Red Bull are in a good posistion and will probably win this year.
Time to move on to the next race, but it won't in F1, not a chance, pansies the lot if them.

D

Deleted member 2719

Or Damon Hill's, Joylon Palmer's etc. – from what I've seen and read, opinions range from Hamilton's fault to racing incident to Verstappen's fault.

Everyone on this thread knows you believe Hamilton is reckless and so you made your mind up before the first replay I expect, and before you got lots of texts from the paddock from all your pals in the game.

Regardless, it's certainly not clear cut and the 10 second penalty from the stewards confirms they didn't think it was clear cut either.

Yes, I dislike his nature. I am an open book and honest. But many will defend him to the hilt as he is their long lost brother.

I honestly look at it, as it happened because he was on a mission......................a mission impossible, after the race, he cuddling Tom Cruise (WTF), he loves the limelight and will do anything to be in it.

I look forward to seeing if he can keep his head for the rest of the season, he has certainly pushed Max's buttons, will Max ever trust him again? Hamilton should have the upper hand on one on ones for now, I will be interested to see if Max can maintain his mental strength from now on in.

I hope others can push them both, I stated many times Lewis can't keep his head when things are that tight for him, I thought he may have matured, it seems not.

Let's enjoy the season and hope we don't get any more of this reckless driving from whoever we believe is in the wrong.:thumbsup:

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Yes, I dislike his nature. I am an open book and honest. But many will defend him to the hilt as he is their long lost brother.

I honestly look at it, as it happened because he was on a mission......................a mission impossible, after the race, he cuddling Tom Cruise (WTF), he loves the limelight and will do anything to be in it.

I look forward to seeing if he can keep his head for the rest of the season, he has certainly pushed Max's buttons, will Max ever trust him again? Hamilton should have the upper hand on one on ones for now, I will be interested to see if Max can maintain his mental strength from now on in.

I hope others can push them both, I stated many times Lewis can't keep his head when things are that tight for him, I thought he may have matured, it seems not.

Let's enjoy the season and hope we don't get any more of this reckless driving from whoever we believe is in the wrong.:thumbsup:

You are an open book. Can agree on that at least.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford

Wrong word fella - replace "trust" with "aggressively bully" - that will be in the forefront of MV's mind

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports