[Misc] F1 2021

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
It was Hamiltons aggression that caused that accident, you don't have to take my word for it, see the penalty. But its making this season even more fun

I would respectfully disagree, both of them were aggressive going into that corner and if one didn't give way that was always going to happen.

So who should give way logically

1. The one who was a long way ahead in the championship race and probably had the faster car
2. The one who was a long way behind and who's best chance of a pass was on that first lap

I would suggest that if 1 were Hamilton and 2 were Max, Hamilton would have given way and Max wouldn't.
If 1 were Max and 2 were Hamilton, Hamilton wouldn't and Max didn't

Case rests M'lud :wink:

And it definitely makes it more fun :thumbsup:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I would respectfully disagree, both of them were aggressive going into that corner and if one didn't give way that was always going to happen.

1. The one who was a long way ahead in the championship race and probably had the faster car
2. The one who was a long way behind and who's best chance of a pass was on that first lap

I would suggest that if 1 were Hamilton and 2 were Max, Hamilton would have given way and Max wouldn't.

Happy to respectfully disagree :)
But im right :lolol:

Shippers

Jan 12, 2016
It was Hamiltons aggression that caused that accident, you don't have to take my word for it, see the penalty. But its making this season even more fun

Watch the replays..... approaching the corner Max starts to turn right and sees LH, straightens the steering wheel to avoid, then Max turns hard right into LH when Max still had plenty of room on the outside. Max caused the crash, rules state you must leave a cars width and LH did for Max on the outside, Max chose to turn in knowing LH was probably still there.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
I would disagree with you on Lewis previous teams keeping him in check, and that is where my problem lies with him, although from a less privileged background to many that make it, his tantrums would suggest that he was a spoilt rich kid. He is renowned for them on the inside and most that follow closely will know that. Yes, Max has fire in his belly, but it is distributed differently and he is more respected as a person, and that won't be me.

Just because I can get snippets, 1) it does not mean I will say them all, as the Hamilton signing changed last minute. 2) there are probably the media types on here prepared to make a story off the back of anything worthwhile.

It's just great to see other cars can squeeze some pressure on the Sunday drive that Lewis has had for the past 5 years.

Let's look forward to the Hungarian F1, and not worry about Horner and Wolff and see who can gain the upper hand, team and driver wise. Let's face it lewis was the winner with an ineffective penalty and the points, and Max did no wrong.

The gloves are certainly off and the knuckle dusters are on.

Can't wait.:D

The stewards found that Hamilton was predominantly to blame thus Max was not blameless.

One could ask why you hate LH so much.

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016

If it had been Hamilton that had gone off in that move I’m pretty sure Max would have got the same penalty - such is racing. As it happened Hamilton had no consequence from the collision so he got it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

All true, Hamilton had backed off on at least three occasions previously this season. I don’t remember Max ever backing off, which is why he has had so many comings together in his career. Not convinced he’ll do any differently next time as he has the Germanic like arrogance (Schumacher and Rosberg, the same) of being happy to take others out whilst screaming like a stuck pig when it happens to him.

We have an exciting Championship and it’s gonna get very feisty, if Mercedes have closed the big gap Red Bull had for four races. Hamilton has laid down a marker that he is not a driver to be bullied when the cars are comparable. Having said that, if he takes the Championship lead again he will be more circumspect imo.

Two very good racers who hate losing going head to head, what’s not to like?

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Watch the replays..... approaching the corner Max starts to turn right and sees LH, straightens the steering wheel to avoid, then Max turns hard right into LH when Max still had plenty of room on the outside. Max caused the crash, rules state you must leave a cars width and LH did for Max on the outside, Max chose to turn in knowing LH was probably still there.

Its not complex, Ham got the penalty from the experts. I called it at the time. But if it helps, just this once, i am happy to lets pretend a nsc middle aged tv surfer knows better

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Its not complex, Ham got the penalty from the experts. But if it helps, just this once, i am happy to lets pretend a nsc middle aged tv sofa surfer knows best. Bad Max, bad Max

He got a penalty from the only 3 experts that matter (the stewards)...pretty much all the other experts Brundle, Chandhock, Herbert, Hill, Russell, Alonso and leclerc who had the closest view all think its a racing incident that both Max and Lewis could both have done more to avoid.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Interesting twist for tomorrow. Only Hamilton and Bottas starting on mediums. Everyone else, including Verstappen, are on softs

Quali 3 about to start

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
You don’t seem able to acknowledge the word ‘predominantly’ from the experts. :wink:

I get the one eyed hysteria, Im just saying it looked to me at the time like Ham over cooked it and got it wrong and lo and behold so did those who were the custodians of the regulations at that race. You can go on about it as much as you like but you’re wrong.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Bloody hell. Mind games and tactics from Hamilton has completely screwed both Red Bulls on the final lap of Quali 3. Looking forward to Horner's comments shortly

Hamilton on Pole and Bottas second. Max is gonna throw a hissy fit I'm sure. Nope, wrong he is being pretty cool about it.

Advantage Hamilton for tomorrow

Booing from the crowd for Hamilton

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
I get the one eyed hysteria, Im just saying it looked to me at the time like Ham over cooked it and got it wrong and lo and behold so did those who were the custodians of the regulations at that race. You can go on about it as much as you like but you’re wrong.

:lolol: okay then sofa surfer. :thumbsup:

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Bloody hell. Mind games and tactics from Hamilton has completely screwed both Red Bulls on the final lap of Quali 3. Looking forward to Horner's comments shortly

Hamilton on Pole and Bottas second. Max is gonna throw a hissy fit I'm sure

Advantage Hamilton for tomorrow

Booing from the crowd for Hamilton

Why on earth did Red Bull send both drivers out so late? Pressure getting to their decision making? Start on softs too…

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

Looking from the other eye, the stewards found that Hamilton was predominantly to blame.

That means Max was partly to blame.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports