[Misc] F1 2021

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Well Max has to prove he’s worthy of the fight. Just as Lewis did in Brazil last weekend. We saw how tough it was to pass Alonso earlier this season and the Alpha Tauris and Alpines look decent round here.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
All that's done is made it really difficult for Max to shunt Lewis off on the first corner. He'll get past Bottas off the line then work his way up to the podium without too much trouble I'd imagine.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Possible Tsunoda could do a bit of a torpedo on Max at the start? [emoji1696]

780d1a95fc100fb4eaad5de420762eb6.jpg

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
All that's done is made it really difficult for Max to shunt Lewis off on the first corner. He'll get past Bottas off the line then work his way up to the podium without too much trouble I'd imagine.

Getting past Alonso for track position won’t be easy on a track that is not great for passing. Alonso will really enjoy the challenge of keeping Max behind, especially as he can now drive him off the track if needed.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Getting past Alonso for track position won’t be easy on a track that is not great for passing. Alonso will really enjoy the challenge of keeping Max behind, especially as he can now drive him off the track if needed.

Exactly, he kept Hamilton behind him (and cost him victory) at Hungary which is not a dissimilar track despite clearly being in an inferior car.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo

It's something to look forward to but I suspect Max will get past him relatively quickly. The perfect result for me is Lewis winning with the fastest lap and Verstappen third so they go into the final two races dead level.

Just realised Alonso is now third on the grid. Imagine if he got the jump on Lewis...

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Is this a one-stop hard tyres to the end of the race now?

Marty___Mcfly

Sep 14, 2011
Great weekend for Hamilton- simple and dominant. Just need 2 more of those and it’s title number 8 [emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95]

Good for Alonso to get something he’s been strong this season.

D

Deleted member 2719

Boring as we thought.

Poor lando loses lots of points after a cracking drive.

Alonso is the master of tyres.

2 to go then it can only get better in 2 weeks.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Great weekend for Hamilton- simple and dominant. Just need 2 more of those and it’s title number 8 [emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95][emoji95]

Good for Alonso to get something he’s been strong this season.

And Lewis has a nice shiny 1-race-old engine to pop back in his car for the next two races.

What is clear though is that he’ll be getting no help from Bottas for the next two races as the man has clearly given up for the season, shame.

D

Deleted member 2719

Classic race highlight must be Alonso's interview with Jenson, as he slips a f**k in there!!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I can’t stand the main Sky commentator.

Vintage Sky …. he very deliberately exaggerates non-incidents eg MV had a must faster lap midway through … dickhead thought LH’s car was in trouble. Brundle calmly said remember LH had to go past a back marker.

Also very deliberately not focusing on the big picture of a likely 25 points for LH. Instead spending 45 minutes hyping “the fast lap”.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Feels like it’s building up to a final round battle for the first time since 2010(?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports