Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Let me guess…absolutely nothing will happen, the Stewards are the same as the last race and it’s very clear on which side of the fence they are sitting.

This is interesting, Lewis getting support from the co drivers who agreed to talk, on Max’s attempted mugging of Lewis.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/59361848

Just seen that his first lap (with no waved yellows) was still faster than Bottas. He clearly drove through yellow flags without slowing on his second lap but a slapped wrist at the very worst for Max with these particular Stewards, not a chance of a grid penalty; he’ll just have his 2nd lap deleted. They might fine him again I suppose as that seems to be the way to punish him without affecting his race chances.

“Verstappen's first lap in the session was a one minute 21.424secs, still 0.054s ahead of Mercedes' Valtteri Bottas who lines up third.”

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Just seen that his first lap (with no waved yellows) was still faster than Bottas. He clearly drove through yellow flags without slowing on his second lap but a slapped wrist at the very worst for Max with these particular Stewards, not a chance of a grid penalty; he’ll just have his 2nd lap deleted. They might fine him again I suppose as that seems to be the way to punish him without affecting his race chances.

“Verstappen's first lap in the session was a one minute 21.424secs, still 0.054s ahead of Mercedes' Valtteri Bottas who lines up third.”

Plenty of precedents of other drivers getting penalties in qualifying for this. Would be surprised if all 3 of them don’t end up in on different spots on the grid come 2pm.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Plenty of precedents of other drivers getting penalties in qualifying for this. Would be surprised if all 3 of them don’t end up in on different spots on the grid come 2pm.

I gather the delay is because they are scrutinising Hamilton’s laps throughout qualifying. Expecting a late penalty for him :wink:

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I gather the delay is because they are scrutinising Hamilton’s laps throughout qualifying. Expecting a late penalty for him :wink:

Is there a delay? I thought Max was due in 10 - 10.30, then Sainz till 10.45, then Bottas at 11.00am. Won’t be any announcement till after those 3 hearings.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Is there a delay? I thought Max was due in 10 - 10.30, then Sainz till 10.45, then Bottas at 11.00am. Won’t be any announcement till after those 3 hearings.

Ah OK then, no penalties, exceptional circumstances and no danger is my guess then

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
Interesting article here regarding the fallout from Brazil.
Drivers seeking clarity over what can and cannot be done. Outcome is that the rules are clear as mud and the authorities have the right to judge each situation as it arises. Problem with that is different outcomes are attributed to similar scenarios. It’s going to make racing a lot more dangerous for the drivers. Let’s hope no one is seriously hurt with this level off ambiguity.
https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/why-f1-drivers-are-still-confused-over-racing-rules/6804983/amp/

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

Max passed double waved yellow flag without slowing whilst the others passed single waved yellow flags. You would think that he’d have to suffer the larger fine, maybe double?

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
90884082f6919fe2512e9ea8974a3418.jpg

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Karen not happy, what comes around goes around, suck it up

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Disappointing from a sporting perspective that what looked like being a classic ding-dong until the end of the season may well fizzle out as Hamilton drives away with the final three races.

Hamilton now clear favourite for the tile on the betting markets.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Disappointing from a sporting perspective that what looked like being a classic ding-dong until the end of the season may well fizzle out as Hamilton drives away with the final three races.

Hamilton now clear favourite for the tile on the betting markets.

If, as many suggest he’s as good as Lewis, Max will be winning this race though? We will see, he must have a chance

Stewards getting a slagging from the ex F1 drivers.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
If, as many suggest he’s as good as Lewis, Max be winning this race though?

Given the Merc's dominance in qualifying, I think it would have been difficult enough from P2.

Starting P7 on a track where passes are going to be at a premium with what looks to be a slower car under him - a big ask, surely?

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Given the Merc's dominance in qualifying, I think it would have been difficult enough from P2.

Starting P7 on a track where passes are going to be at a premium with what looks to be a slower car under him - a big ask, surely?

Very true, but as a Lewis fan I am not unhappy :shrug:

So many twists and turns this season so who knows, thrilling season

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

Verstappen will pass Bottas at the start,now he's on the gripper side

As for overtaking,he'll just undercut the rest for P2 today

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here