Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] F1 2021

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
The last part is the true part of what you say he does have the talent, but not the car on this track at this moment.

What was the excuse earlier in the season then when Max was forcing Lewis off track when Max had the better car? As others have said when Max is winning (when the RB was clearly the best car) it was all down to Max's talent but now it's Lewis winning it's clearly the car. I admit I am a Lewis fan but I can accept races when Max out performs Lewis (Mexico as a recent example). You seem unable to do that which just seems a bit sad.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Essentially a final warning - “do it again and you will get a penalty”

A pointless ( FiA, no suprise) gesture, given a predictably petulant answer

As has already been mentioned, spoilt rich boy not getting his toys in time.

He's good, he will get all the important 'toys', he may never realise that . . . . but he will never go down in history with any class, far better never won as much trophy but won so much more.

Scappa

Jul 5, 2017
I would have loved to have seen Lewis offer to show Max around his car at the end. Just reward for his sneaky behaviour earlier in the Parc ferme.

If £50k is the going rate for tampering with an opponent's car, Lewis should have climbed into the cockpit of MV's car and had a good poke around

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
No mistakes today by Lewis or Mercedes, a brilliant drive and Max reverting to the dark arts shows he’s the one under pressure. How he gets away with it time and again is ridiculous, the way he drove was dangerous and unsporting to everyone but the stewards.
How quickly this season swings one way then the next. Last three races could be classics.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If this championship goes to the last race of the season and Max is winning the last race I am 75% sure he’ll take Lewis out if he tries to overtake if it means Lewis would win the Championship .That is how little regard I have for his morals and how convinced I am that he is a Schumacher level cheat :shrug:

It would be good for F1 to have a new Champion, just not Max for me. So much talent but a spoilt brat cheat at heart.

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
Please don't forget it was Merc trying to cheat.

You need to check with all your ‘mates’ in the industry, as they’re not keeping you ‘informed’. FIA clearly stated there was no intent in the design or operation of the DRS on Lewis’ Merc. Do keep up.

Sometimes your prejudice is laughable :yawn:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Just viewing a recording of Sky’s post race analysis.

Lewis’s first lap was astonishing, almost like watching a vastly superior racing cars gamer, swatting all and sundry aside.

Crikey, the Brazilians adore Lewis …. that incredible roar when he overtook MV.

Last edited:

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
Not sure why people are upset with Max, all F1 drivers are super competitive and sometimes they push it, look at incidents from e.g. Schumacher, Senna, Prost, he is no different.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Not sure why people are upset with Max, all F1 drivers are super competitive and sometimes they push it, look at incidents from e.g. Schumacher, Senna, Prost, he is no different.

I notice you don’t mention Lewis, just three drivers who were known to cheat….personally wasn’t a fan of any of them when they were racing. Senna I was gutted about when he died though.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

I was pretty upset with the past moves some of those drivers made. Do I need to reference history in order to qualify comments in this race?

I’m sure you sit delighted when an opposing player takes a dive to win a free kick or pen against the Albion, afterall, past players have done it, so why get upset?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Not upset here.

I just want drivers/cars to finish the race where possible, not be avoidably pushed into barriers at 140mph.

The F1 laws quite rightly outlaw that sort of thing, lives are literally at stake. This is not ultra high speed stock car racing.

Once RedBull release the footage of MV’s efforts or not with his steering, all will be revealed one way or another.

Schumacher cheated.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I was pretty upset with the past moves some of those drivers made. Do I need to reference history in order to qualify comments in this race?

I’m sure you sit delighted when an opposing player takes a dive to win a free kick or pen against the Albion, afterall, past players have done it, so why get upset?

A good comparison - except when it’s our player that brings down the opposition player to prevent a goal.

I think that’s the point - when it’s someone we support that takes an advantage from a “dodgy” move that’s excused, applauded even - when it’s the opposition then it’s cheating and they should be hung drawn and quartered. Simply human nature.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
Please correct my maths if I am wrong (certainly would not be the first time!), but if the next 2 races finish the same as today, does that mean that Hamilton and Verstappen go into the final race of the season on exactly the same points?
If so, I can't remember when that last happened.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lewis said that to Toto on team radio after the race itself.

I'm confused though - why 25 places?

He was relegated from 1st to the back of the grid (20th) after first qualifying, then having worked his way up to 5th in the sprint qualifying, was still subject to the 5 place penalty imposed for new engine parts.

(Their maths is one out though - 1st to 20th is only 19 places...)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
A good comparison - except when it’s our player that brings down the opposition player to prevent a goal.

I think that’s the point - when it’s someone we support that takes an advantage from a “dodgy” move that’s excused, applauded even - when it’s the opposition then it’s cheating and they should be hung drawn and quartered. Simply human nature.

Sorry but it’s yours that is the flawed analogy.

Yes we can accept, or even applaud rule breaking by our own (take Sanchez’ foul to bring down Wilson last week), but that doesn’t mean we expect it to go unpunished. Sanchez did the ‘professional’ thing, in the circumstances, and was rightly sent off (and banned) for it.

That is clearly entirely different to MV today, who committed the professional foul, and was not censured in line with the clear rules.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If £50k is the going rate for tampering with an opponent's car, Lewis should have climbed into the cockpit of MV's car and had a good poke around

I'd have pissed in his tank before the start ( or got my dog to do it)

Waited for the really schnide laugh, whilst handing over home made notes.

It's the Red Bulll way..

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
If this championship goes to the last race of the season and Max is winning the last race I am 75% sure he’ll take Lewis out if he tries to overtake if it means Lewis would win the Championship .That is how little regard I have for his morals and how convinced I am that he is a Schumacher level cheat :shrug:

It would be good for F1 to have a new Champion, just not Max for me. So much talent but a spoilt brat cheat at heart.

The crux of the matter, I think, is that his father was a pretty good driver who ever really achieved anything at the top level, but was just about good enough to get there and smell the treats . . . .. Having done that, and with the experience of hindsight, put all his efforts into securing his own retirement plan. Mission accomplished Jos!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here