Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] F1 2020

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
[

You can mock if you wish, all I have ever said is I don't like lewis Hamilton, hardly a crime.
I would not say I am high up in motorsport, yes I have a few contacts.

To prove my connection in the motorsport world, there are a couple of posters who can confirm this on here. But you will get no more than that from me.

Not mocking, just surprised that you can have such a strong dislike for someone who has reached the pinnacle of his sport, whilst giving him absolutely no credit, just putdowns

You have never even met him FFS. All your comments are hearsay and quite possibly from those with green eye, and you trot them out as FACTS

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
[

You can mock if you wish, all I have ever said is I don't like lewis Hamilton, hardly a crime.
I would not say I am high up in motorsport, yes I have a few contacts.

To prove my connection in the motorsport world, there are a couple of posters who can confirm this on here. But you will get no more than that from me.

Is this your way of saying "I have a car"?

D

Deleted member 2719

Not mocking, just surprised that you can have such a strong dislike for someone who has reached the pinnacle of his sport, whilst giving him absolutely no credit, just putdowns

You have never even met him FFS. All your comments are hearsay and quite possibly from those with green eye, and you trot them out as FACTS

Hey Icy, please don't believe the hype from the others that gun me down because of politics.
I have repeatedly said he is good. I have also said he has the best car, which most people appear to ignore. The dominant car wins the race if it has a good driver. I don't like Hamilton he is not my type of character.
I bet their are people that you have not met that you have taken a disliking to.
My suggestions earlier were Scott McGleish and Joey Barton, do you like them???

I could go on and on here, like I have met Moss, didn't like him, does that qualify for hearsay or fact?

Why are you so protective over Lewis?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
There are many British sportspeople I don't like and many that I love, I am very much backing our country, Would you like Scott McGleish and Joey Barton if they were voted world player of the year???

With Hamilton it comes from people I have spoken to behind the scenes and others who have met him. I have not heard anyone say they like him off camera.
You could see for years that David Coulthard didn't like him, I know he is mates with Button, but there is a racing respect but nothing else.

The British people I love and back fully, are genuine both sides of the camera and do a great job, like Jackie Stewart, Ken Tyrell and Damon Hill to name a few.

But I feel there is god like worship just because of his world championship, in a lightening car.

Back in the day, a driver or rider would be full on diagnosing, adjusting and performing, without 100's of support team, they were the true hereos.

Hamilton can't help that but he has had the quickest most dominate car available to him and was nurtured by McClaren.

Hamilton has worked at it more than some, but he was not penniless like they make out.

I know a British Karting champion very well, he said when Button came on the scene his dad would buy up about ten engines find out the quickest and make sure Jenson had it and then he would sell the slower ones to the other drivers.

It would have been no different with Hamilton.

Like I have consistently Said Hamilton is good but is he really a god, or are Merc gods for keeping him in the seat for this long with Bottas as competition.

It has made it a two horse race for years now. Although Verstappen has busted his butt to break up the dominance.

Russell scared the living daylights out of Hamilton, I expect Hamilton to drive the arse out of the car this weekend.

I would like to see Hamilton to have the balls and sign elsewhere, but he won't because he knows how special Merc are, and I think George Russell has already stated that.

So full of shit its now comical

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I can only speak from personal experience, having met Lewis dozens of times, and only ever found to him to be genuine, grounded, likeable, flexible, patient and professional. I worked for Santander for 32 years, and during his McLaren years, with Santander as lead sponsor, we had access to him for a set number of days each year for conferences and corporate days. As compère, I introduced him several times at dinners and events, and he was an absolute gem. I have no reason to believe he would have changed his DNA as a man since then. On one occasion, we even got to practice pre BGP on a McLaren car (not THE race car) in the old Silverstone pit, doing a tyre change with him watching. I was on the wheel gun rear right. I got the wheel nut off, probably weighs about 2 pounds, no problem at all, magnetised to the gun, but in the tension forgot to release the spinning trigger button, and before my chap could throw the new wheel on, the wheel nut span off my gun, across the narrow pit lane, and smashed into the pit Lane wall, bouncing off and causing many people including Lewis to run for cover. He and Heiki worked really well together, for me, a really genuine grounded bloke.

D

Deleted member 2719

So full of shit its now comical
Why is it?

I am just pointing out my point of view, am I allowed a point of view?

I would say all these are true and factual statements.

Would you like Scott McGleish and Joey Barton if they were voted world player of the year. Unlikely!

With Hamilton it comes from people I have spoken to behind the scenes and others who have met him. I have not heard anyone say they like him off-camera.
You could see for years that David Coulthard didn't like him, I know he is mates with Button, but there is racing respect but nothing else. This one you could debate

The British people I love and back fully, are genuine both sides of the camera and do a great job, like Jackie Stewart, Ken Tyrell and Damon Hill to name a few. True

But I feel there is god like worship just because of his world championship, in a lightening car. This one you could debate

Back in the day, a driver or rider would be full on diagnosing, adjusting and performing, without 100's of support team, they were the true hereos. True

Hamilton can't help that but he has had the quickest most dominate car available to him and was nurtured by McClaren. True

Hamilton has worked at it more than some, but he was not penniless like they make out. True

I know a British Karting champion very well, he said when Button came on the scene his dad would buy up about ten engines find out the quickest and make sure Jenson had it and then he would sell the slower ones to the other drivers. True

It would have been no different with Hamilton. This one you could debate

Like I have consistently Said Hamilton is good but is he really a god, or are Merc gods for keeping him in the seat for this long with Bottas as competition.This one you could debate

It has made it a two horse race for years now. Although Verstappen has busted his butt to break up the dominance.True

Russell scared the living daylights out of Hamilton,True I expect Hamilton to drive the arse out of the car this weekend. We will await to see

A question to you and others why do I have to like Hamilton?

I would like to see Hamilton to have the balls and sign elsewhere, Debatable but he won't because he knows how special Merc are, and I think George Russell has already stated that. Factual George did say Merc were very special.

Back on topic, how do you think pole will pan out this weekend?

I can only speak from personal experience, having met Lewis dozens of times, and only ever found to him to be genuine, grounded, likeable, flexible, patient and professional. I worked for Santander for 32 years, and during his McLaren years, with Santander as lead sponsor, we had access to him for a set number of days each year for conferences and corporate days. As compère, I introduced him several times at dinners and events, and he was an absolute gem. I have no reason to believe he would have changed his DNA as a man since then. On one occasion, we even got to practice pre BGP on a McLaren car (not THE race car) in the old Silverstone pit, doing a tyre change with him watching. I was on the wheel gun rear right. I got the wheel nut off, probably weighs about 2 pounds, no problem at all, magnetised to the gun, but in the tension forgot to release the spinning trigger button, and before my chap could throw the new wheel on, the wheel nut span off my gun, across the narrow pit lane, and smashed into the pit Lane wall, bouncing off and causing many people including Lewis to run for cover. He and Heiki worked really well together, for me, a really genuine grounded bloke.

That's fair enough and I hope you enjoyed your day. Did you ever go on a day when Button was his partner?

I would imagine being in the pits is fuelled with adrenalin on race day, did you get a quick buzz?

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
these ramblings fit neatly into just two categories; a) (the largest), bullshit, and b), irrelevant

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Back in the day, a driver or rider would be full on diagnosing, adjusting and performing, without 100's of support team, they were the true hereos.

QUOTE]

Mouldy, you have let yourself down very badly here. If, as you say, you have a connection with motorsport you would know that Hamilton is the best in the business at setting up a car. OK, he may not personally wield the spanners but it is his input that has the adjustments made and improves the car when it is underperforming. Nobody, imo, does it better and this is clear from many practice sessions when he is struggling to be at the front, by quali he has sorted the problems. Alonso is the only one who has been comparable in recent seasons. So, in short, what you are saying is absolute bollocks.

As to not liking him, I have no problem with that but you are letting it totally dominate your perception of him as a driver :shrug:

As for your comment that Russell has scared the living daylights out of Hamilton. Where the **** did that come from, link please. There isn’t one is there? You just made that up :lolol:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Imagine a black, vegan, serial winner not being universally popular in a pit lane full of white billionaires who are being made to look second best.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Imagine a black, vegan, serial winner not being universally popular in a pit lane full of white billionaires who are being made to look second best.

Rubbish, the vegan has the best car and that is the ONLY reason he has won anything :rolleyes:

He is actually quite rubbish as a driver too as well as being very unliked. This is clear from the celebrations after he has had another jammy win.

D

Deleted member 2719

[

QUOTE]

Mouldy, you have let yourself down very badly here. If, as you say, you have a connection with motorsport you would know that Hamilton is the best in the business at setting up a car. OK, he may not personally wield the spanners but it is his input that has the adjustments made and improves the car when it is underperforming. Nobody, imo, does it better and this is clear from many practice sessions when he is struggling to be at the front, by quali he has sorted the problems. Alonso is the only one who has been comparable in recent seasons. So, in short, what you are saying is absolute bollocks.

As to not liking him, I have no problem with that but you are letting it totally dominate your perception of him as a driver :shrug:

As for your comment that Russell has scared the living daylights out of Hamilton. Where the **** did that come from, link please. There isn’t one is there? You just made that up :lolol:
Of course I know Hamilton gives feedback they all do, sorry but that is insulting to think I did not know this, all levels of motorsport do this.
He is a good problem solver, but there are others that can do the same. Where did you see it quoted that he is the best, is that just hearsay? Did you just make that up?Come on Icy I think more of you than some of the other looney tunes on here who just try to squash open debates in insults. Hampster being the latest, which surprised me somewhat.
Another of your snide comments, to make me appear racist, you really have a very warped way of thinking that is led by colour of skin. Why is this?

Rubbish, the vegan has the best car and that is the ONLY reason he has won anything :rolleyes:

He is actually quite rubbish as a driver too as well as being very unliked. This is clear from the celebrations after he has had another jammy win.

Again you miss the point that I have consistently said he is a good driver.
Please don't forget how special that Merc is, but you do not entertain that.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
[

Another of your snide comments, to make me appear racist, you really have a very warped way of thinking that is led by colour of skin. Why is this?

I'm pointing out why he might not be popular in the pits. He breaks a culture that is otherwise homogenous. You seem to be having a bit of "if the cap fits" paranoia during the longest flounce ever seen on NSC.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
Do you forget that not every year at Merc has it been as good as this year? Last year the Ferrari took most of the poles until their engine ‘mapping’ was banned and 2018 Vettel had the championship lead a good way through the season with the Ferrari being the quicker car at many tracks.

This year and perhaps 2016 are probably the only years I would say the Merc has been in a total different league to the rest of the field but having the fastest car has always been a thing in Formula 1,

I’ve yet to see any actual reason to dislike him in any of Mouldy’s post, it’s fine if you don’t like him as a person I know many people don’t but to detract from his achievements because you don’t like him is quite childish, he’s the most complete driver since Senna, there’s no driver who is as fast in all different aspects of racing as Lewis, tell me a weakness he has as a driver? He’s won nearly every race in the rain in recent years which tends to equal out ‘car advantage’

People forget as well, Lewis joining Mercedes was a massive gamble, at the time I thought it was a crazy decision from him and his gamble paid off. Many drivers make switches that haven’t worked despite promises of fast cars. Hamilton’s gamble paid off.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Never thought the F1 thread would end up in bear pit territory! [emoji1787]

Personally I have always been a big LH fan. Last week did show things in general could be a bit more interesting if he wasn’t dominating in the way he has been in recent years. Maybe he could swop cars with George Russell.. (JOKE). I would settle for GR taking Bottas’s seat.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Fernando giving it full beans in the old Renault yesterday. They sound so much better

[TWEET] 1337450752453865481[/TWEET]

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
[
Of course I know Hamilton gives feedback they all do, sorry but that is insulting to think I did not know this, all levels of motorsport do this.
He is a good problem solver, but there are others that can do the same. Where did you see it quoted that he is the best, is that just hearsay? Did you just make that up?Come on Icy I think more of you than some of the other looney tunes on here who just try to squash open debates in insults. Hampster being the latest, which surprised me somewhat.

Right, my last attempt.

Senna crashed at Monaco when well out in the lead, Vettel the same at the German Grand Prix. Schumacher regularly took out other drivers if it stopped them catching or beating him in the Championship. Multi world champion winners who had a lapse of concentration and had to retire.

We agree that Hamilton has the best car, yes? Right, now tell me when Hamilton last made a massive misjudgement that end up as a DNF. I don’t remember this happening for years. ALL the other drivers have a number of feck ups every year. In fact Hamilton is so good that he even over rides the techies in the pits more and more often. Why? Because he is the best driver of all time and if you can’t see that then your prejudices are over riding your brain. Think about it, Hamilton may have the best car but he manages set backs better than any driver I have ever seen.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

What you've never accepted, or even acknowledged, is that the Merc wasn't the fastest car in 2017 or 2018. Pole timings, lap times, race pace the Ferrari matched and often bettered the Merc.

The McClaren wasn't the fastest in 2007 or 2008, a 2 time world champion and often regarded as one of the most natural of drivers couldn't match Hamilton who was only denied a rookie title but for a poor pit wall decision and a mechanical. Hamilton then won the title in 2008 against an again faster Ferrari, where his team mate Kovalainen only managed 3 podiums all year - I thought it was all about the car rather than the driver? Hamilton in only his second year in the same car won 5 races and was on the podium an additional 5 times.

The Mercedes has been special. However, their dominance has not just been about the car. When the car hasn't had the pace or upgrades others have had, the driver has kept them on top.

Even in his non title winning seasons, his first for Mercedes as an example, a race win and 4 podiums stands up as him being fast and consistent even when the Red Bulls and Ferrari were so dominant.

You never seem to have any depth to your opinions. You type a load of stuff and it's qualified as 'I know someone in motorsport'. Or as above 'the Merc is special'. It just ignores so much else he has done in the sport.

Whether he is the greatest of all time is something that could be debated forever and a day. From the mid/late 80s onward, not sure there can be much debate he is the greatest there has been. Stats don't lie, achievements don't lie. What you think of him as a person, completely irrelevant.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Fernando giving it full beans in the old Renault yesterday. They sound so much better

[TWEET] 1337450752453865481[/TWEET]

Loving that he is back, the only driver on the grid at Hamilton’s level of intelligence imo and the Renault is getting better. It may interest [MENTION=2719]Mouldy Boots[/MENTION] to know that Alonso is on record as saying the only driver in F1 he thinks might be capable of beating him in the same make of car is Lewis.

This from a very self confident, even arrogant World Class Spanish driver.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here