Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

f*** Off McGhee

1066gull

junior said:
f*** off Knob.

See, you can't even defend youself because you haven't thought about your view on it. Your just another Ernest asslicker.

Les Biehn said:
I am 100% behind the players and think the fans have been a disgrace. But MM's choices have gone beyond baffling to irritating. We can't score goals so he puts our top goalscorer and our form striker on the bench and plays a youngster who is out of form and a short forward who hardly ever scores as a target man.

Good post.:clap:

Some fans, not all have been a disgrace. We need to do our bit, and we will be rewarded eventaully, probably with Falmer.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Withdean Wanderer said:
I've lost faith in McGhee - but realistically who else is there?

This pretty much sums it up for me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont go with this Withdean factor rubbish. There are 22 players on a field playing and on most occassions the 11 not wearing blue and white stripes are the better ones.

What happended in the past when we won the lower leagues we did it by winning our homes games. The pitch and facilities are better now than then so you cannot blame Withdean for the way we play.

You can blame them and LDC for the fact that we are skinf if you wish and cannot afford better players but not blame the stadium for the way we play.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
A van der Meyde said:
How about you f*ck off.

The club need our support and backing as much as possible, and all you can do is try and damage more morale?

We should all be discussing in how to try and lift the team. Withdean is terrible at the moment, because when I have been it is possible to hear what the players say to each other.

Course its frustrating, I am to. But we won't ever be a sucessful team if we have a go at each other.

Jesus, we can't lift the team - it's his job and he is failing. How do you imagine it will be like in League 1 with our good players being taken from us at knock down rates again?

We won't be a successful team in League 1 with a skeleton team and a pie-in-the-sky stadium, haemorraging more money every week - we will not survive.

1066gull

Its not the stadium I am blaming. It's me who are blaming the few fans who cannot help to back the team, and all they do is blame McGhee or as you said, the Withdean factor.

We need a 12th man, and it proved its worth agaisnt Leeds which I was gutted I couldn't go to.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
BensGrandad said:
I dont go with this Withdean factor rubbish. There are 22 players on a field playing and on most occassions the 11 not wearing blue and white stripes are the better ones.

What happended in the past when we won the lower leagues we did it by winning our homes games. The pitch and facilities are better now than then so you cannot blame Withdean for the way we play.

You can blame them and LDC for the fact that we are skinf if you wish and cannot afford better players but not blame the stadium for the way we play.

The problem with Withdean NOW is that the atmoshpere is CRAP. Back in the lower leagues it used to be quite good, the noise sent shivers down my spine.

Now though only the singing block try. Generally, when there is atmospere we seem to perform better, but it probably works the other way round as well

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
BensGrandad said:

Our home territory is meant to be an advantage as the noise lifts our players. They say that, themselves! I don't believe that is any old excuse from them. I have played sport and get lifted when you hear your name or songs being sung.

We must at least try harder.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
BensGrandad said:

I believe this to be utter shit. Crewe and Millwall have weaker teams than we do. Give or take, the 10 teams above us are about the same. The only difference isa lot of these have a goalscorer which we are missing. However I believe that the resources are within the club.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
junior said:
I realy hope he walk's after today.

Another f***ing defeat,NO goals scored.

No other club would put up with this.

I realy hope he does the decent thing and resigns before monday.

May I suggest that instead of starting a thread telling McGhee to f'ck off, you start a thread suggesting a possible replacement and we can then discuss the pro's and con's.

Last edited:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
It just shows what difference an experienced attacking player can make for a club. It sounds like Wise was the difference.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It would be pointless sacking MM now, if that was going to happen it should have happened after the Coventry defeat in the cup which would have allowed a new man to bring in some other faces. As it is now a new man would have to work with what he has and if they are not good enough now they are not going to be in 2 weeks time. They may improve but probably not enough.

There is only one answer and it is all down to DK HE HAS GOT TO LOOSEN THE PURSE STRINGS A LITTLE to bring in some new faces.

It is rubbish to say that we would end up like Derby as there isa difference between relasing them a little and letting go completely.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Re: Re: f*** Off McGhee

jonny.rainbow said:
May I suggest that instead of starting a thread telling McGhee to f'ck off, you start a thread suggesting a possible replacement and we can then discuss the pro's and con's.
That would be outlandinsh :jester:

When your relegation rivals can offer £400k plus for players, then that says a lot!

So we lose to Coventry. We must win against our immediate relegation rivals. Keep the faith!!

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
A van der Meyde said:
Its not the stadium I am blaming. It's me who are blaming the few fans who cannot help to back the team, and all they do is blame McGhee or as you said, the Withdean factor.

We need a 12th man, and it proved its worth agaisnt Leeds which I was gutted I couldn't go to.

Are you a Bell End???

Are you seriously saying it is the fans fault we are where we are in the leauge? Suppose its MY fault,as a fan,that we lost 2-0 again today and dont look like we will ever score a goal????

Schrödinger's Toad

Nie dla Idiotów
Jan 21, 2004
BensGrandad said:
There is only one answer and it is all down to DK HE HAS GOT TO LOOSEN THE PURSE STRINGS A LITTLE to bring in some new faces.

Do you trust McGhee to spend the money well, though? I'd be reluctant to let him at any more funds.

How long is his contract, by the way?

HampshireSeagulls said:
If we get relegated, our impetus for the new ground is going to fade

That is illogical nonsense.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
MM says that we are two men short of being a succesful CCC side give him the tools to do his job properly ie the money for 2 loan signings. If you bring in another manager he will probably want 4 or 5.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here