Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

F***ing Stewards At Entrance !!!!

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex
as i was going into the stadium today, the stewards asked to check my bag and wouldn't let me take fanta cans into the ground. so they said come back at the end of the match and pick them up they'll definately be here. at the end of the match i end back and surprise surprise....THEY'RE GONE :rant:

absolute disgrace, basically stole my drinks for me and my brother and had to buy some inside the ground because it was so bloody hot.

just wondering why dont they let you take in cans ????

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
as they are WEAPONS

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Typical joke albion stewards, if only one of the idiots posted on NSC with the answers to everything, then we might be able to get to the bottom of "fantagate"....

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
i reckon it wont be long until they start confiscating SHOES at the entrance, they could do some damage if thrown at somebodies head

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
I don't know why they employ stewards to watch the crowd inside the stadium, all the ever do is watch the match, they basically take the piss, especially round H block today, apart from the lad in the cap who actually did his job properly.

newhaven seagull 85

SELDOM IN NEWHAVEN
Dec 3, 2006
they didnot stop the lads in front of me at rovers who quite happily bought in cans of cider.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
i reckon it wont be long until they start confiscating SHOES at the entrance, they could do some damage if thrown at somebodies head
In the 70's the police used to check what boots or shoes you were wearing and if they didn't like the look of them you had to take the laces out and give them to OB before they let you into the ground. Dr Marten long boots or safety shoes with steel toecaps were top of the list.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
i noticed there were 2 stewards in away stand, because 2 stewards will obviously stop 200 orient fans

I was a part time steward to provide a beer fund for Uni and we had a variety of different fan levels. One week there were four of us to control 50 Halifax fans which was quite easy. The next week, the same four had 1,200 Peterboro' fans! Hopefully it would never come down to controlling all of them at once.

I don't see why they would confiscate cans from you if they are willing to sell drinks bottles without confiscating the lids. Whilst a can would be heavier, they can both be used as a weapon. Surely an either/or situation.

On the subject of missiles. I was hit on the head by a stray chip at half time, by some chavvy winker, which left his chavvy sons smirking. :angry:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If you take soft drinks or water to a game make sure they are in a plastic bottle then the stewards cant confiscate them.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
funny that as you go to some grounds and they will take away your bottle caps but not at withdean
A steward tried to do that at Peterborough until I mentioned my son was a diabetic , after checking with his superior he said it was ok to keep the caps on the plastic bottles. :D

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004

I think they should make us take the LACES out of shoes, it will help the suicide rate inside the ground.

Del Boy

Oct 1, 2004
I don't know why they employ stewards to watch the crowd inside the stadium, all the ever do is watch the match, they basically take the piss, especially round H block today, apart from the lad in the cap who actually did his job properly.

Report them to the ckub, I'm sure the club would not tolerate this IF they are made aware of the problem.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
i thought every football fan in the world knew that you are not allowed to take cans of drinks into grounds.

soon you'll be complaining about not being able to take Stanley knives on planes

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
soon you'll be complaining about not being able to take Stanley knives on planes

When did they stop allowing this?

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
i sit so far away from the pitch it's unlikely im going to throw it at players, plus id rather drink it, not like im a thug or something

If you could hit a player on the head from your seat in the stand then may I be bold enough to suggest that you take up the discus and try out for the next Olympics.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here