Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
The security staff.

"We'd expect that of you Corbett":lol:

The take off of Pretty woman as well. "£2,500" "HOW MUCH?"

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Poor tonight. RG looks like he's not bothering anymore to see how much praise he can get for such little effort.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I'm not happy with newsreaders doing comedy or dancing competitions.

They lose all my respect and end up all wishy washy and smiley like that outrage on the BBC in the morning where one presenter finishes the others ones sentence.

Its the bloody news not a therapy session.

I long for the good old days when the news was read by a serious man in a suit behind a desk who shuffles his papers at the end.

I blame Morcambe and Wise.

Last edited:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I've enjoyed the series so far but thought last night's episode was piss-poor. As someone else said, it's becoming far too self-indulgent.

And the Chris Martin stuff was cringeworthy.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Just watched it on the web. Liked it.

Think the 'Barry' character is great :clap2:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
Pure unadulterated genius. I'm really REALLY enjoying this show. Not sure how much scope there is for it to continue into a 3rd series but it's probably best not to think about it and just enjoy the now.

afters

Jul 9, 2003
as 10cc say, not in hove
brightonfan_86 said:
I missed it once again, I've never watched Extras because I always forget it is on.

well thanks for that valuable insight.

i take it you don't work as a TV journalist these days kev?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Bluejuice said:
Pure unadulterated genius. I'm really REALLY enjoying this show. Not sure how much scope there is for it to continue into a 3rd series but it's probably best not to think about it and just enjoy the now.

He has already cnfirmed that there will be no third series. He wants to go out on a high, much like the Office.

Last night however, was fairly average, in the context of this series. Chris Martin bits weren't great, though the Richard Briers part did make me chuckle a little.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I hope he could travel back in time and maintain the authentic lower class of The Office. The first series was average, with the odd mirthful moment and a believable failure. Now, all there is is Gervais playing himself and being lost and lonely at the top. How can i feel sorry for billionaires who sometimes say spastic near all the empty people who love them?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
magoo said:
Oddly enough I actually think his spoof sitcom 'When the whistle blows' could be more popular.

Agreed. Not sure how many on here are old enough to have seen 70s sitcoms but it is a brilliant take off of the tackiness of the cheap sets, poor scripts and ham acting that you used to get in those shows (Reggie Perrin excepted of course ;) ).

For me Gobbler is to Extras what Comic Book Guy is to The Simpsons.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Cheeky Monkey said:
Agreed. Not sure how many on here are old enough to have seen 70s sitcoms but it is a brilliant take off of the tackiness of the cheap sets, poor scripts and ham acting that you used to get in those shows

I think they are all old enough to recall Dinner Ladies

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It can be very funny at times but RG is slipping into a 'poor me' self indulgence which is beginning to grate. Also just by parodying the use of celebs doesn't really excuse you when you actually do it. It just as bad as having an overused catchphrase. Also saying mongaloid and jews and queers while funny in the context is quite lazy when that sort of anti PC boundary pushing is done every week and supplies the best gags.

Last edited:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Cheeky Monkey said:
For me Gobbler is to Extras what Comic Book Guy is to The Simpsons.

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Gobblers 'traditional Japanese entertainmemt for potential Japanese investor'.....

ching chong China man try to make cow
ching chong China man didn't know how
ching chong China man pull the wrong tit
ching chong china man covered in SHIT

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
What i wonder, amongst a number of airless things, is how anyone can hold any of the character in this sitcom. All i can see is a man wanting to be an actor who blatantly can't act (GERVAIS AS GERVAIS) in a supposed friendship that once was tied in desperation alone and now only lies in endless falling. No romance. No hearts beating. Loss only partially shown. Then there's an agent who says things outlandish (RADIO SHOW REPEAT) and is 'friends' with a fat man from Eastenders.
Embarassment attempted to be played, but leaves me angry each week and dried without damp chuckle.

It's like watching the diaristic drama of Gary Barlow. Without the laughs.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Cheeky Monkey said:
Agreed. Not sure how many on here are old enough to have seen 70s sitcoms but it is a brilliant take off of the tackiness of the cheap sets, poor scripts and ham acting that you used to get in those shows (Reggie Perrin excepted of course ;) ).

There are crap sitcoms in every decade but I thought the 70s was a pretty good decade for sitcoms. Not only did it have the aforementioned Reggie Perrin but also the best two British sitcoms (IMHO) ever: Fawlty Towers and Whatever Happened to the Likely Lads?

There's still plenty of dross around now ... and you don't have to look too hard.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
I have always had to turn Fawlty Towers off. A series of 'hilarious' people screaming in an anagramed building. Ha! A Spanish man couldn't understand something properly. And then he dropped a plate! Where's my dinner?! hehehe

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Meade's_Ball said:
I have always had to turn Fawlty Towers off. A series of 'hilarious' people screaming in an anagramed building. Ha! A Spanish man couldn't understand something properly. And then he dropped a plate! Where's my dinner?! hehehe

I think you should write a sitcom Meado, it would be mint.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Bry Nylon said:
Gobblers 'traditional Japanese entertainmemt for potential Japanese investor'.....

ching chong China man try to make cow
ching chong China man didn't know how
ching chong China man pull the wrong tit
ching chong china man covered in SHIT

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

:lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here