Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extra Blackpool Tickets Available

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
okay then so if we get the best support then why is so quite and like a library sometimes

I agree that the atmosphere isn't always great but we have a tradition of very poor vocal support at the Withdean and it wasn't always loud at the Goldstone.

If sometimes it isn't that loud at home then it just shows how rubbish it is at other grounds!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
North West wrap around which does not yet have it's safety certificate.

I think were restricted to 28500 at the moment and probably to next season till the Council give the go-ahead when there happy about the transport able to cope.

Barber was at the NWSS meeting in Horsham Tuesday and this point was raised. It's not to do with safety cert but that planning permission was granted in stages and they built out the whole lot in anticipation of getting permission, the safety certificate is all done. He also said that they were talking to the council and asking if they can go to max capacity for last 2 games.

I can't see any reason why not but then I've never been a bureaucrat!!

Last edited:

ferring seagull

Dec 30, 2010
Barber was at the NWSS meeting in Horsham Tuesday and this point was raised. It's not to do with safety cert but that planning permission was granted in stages but they built out the whole lot in anticipation of getting permission, the safety certificate is all done. He also said that they were talking to the council and asking that they can go to max capacity for last 2 games.

I can't see any reason why not but then I've never been a bureaucrat!!

OKAY, but it has to do with that !

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We're not picking on him G. The point is that we can't sell more than 28500 at the moment. We sold that or thereabouts for the last 2. There seems to be this misconception we can go to 30000+ now but we can't.
Again, we can, because Blackpool are only taking 1,000 so to home supporters there is more available.
You're saying we're allowed to have more than 28,500 fans there? Everyone seems to be saying we're limited to 28,500 due to the current planning permission.

You clearly haven't been to many away games. The atmosphere at The Amex is well above the average in this division.
Yes it's above average (not difficult given how empty some of the stadiums are), but it could be way better.

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
on saturday at the amex the atmosphere was crap

Might help if all the empty seats that I saw from the WSU were all taken. 28,400 ? never in a million years, there were hundreds that were empty, possibly 1,500 around the ground, might even have been more. It never ceases to amaze me how many empty seats there are.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You clearly haven't been to many away games. The atmosphere at The Amex is well above the average in this division.

I was going to say the same. Although one thing for sure, the acoustics at the Amex are strange, if you are in the North Stand you can't hear the away fans that easily, yet if you sit in the middle of the West Stand you can hear both North and Away fans easily. When the whole ground goes off into (the ever dull) AL-BE-ON there isn't another ground in this league to compare it to, and it's getting better.

We have over 20K new (or additional) supporters at the Amex than we ever had at Withdean, Gillingham and all but the last few games in the last years of the Goldstone. They are new, they need to get up to speed, sadly the efforts of the few thousand of us spread out all over the ground are being swallowed up by the size of the stadium. This is always qualified by the age old adage that when a decent size away crowd comes to the Amex they sing together, and make a good noise, likewise when we go away. That said, we're still minnows a bit, when Chelsea were in the WSU, they were by far the loudest we've ever heard at the Amex, this is based on what we heard from our seats in WSM.

It's still early days, and with the North Stand expansion, let's hope some of the togetherness mentality gets them going a bit more than they have up until now, and then, I think you'll see [hear] the rest of the ground lifted too.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
You're saying we're allowed to have more than 28,500 fans there? Everyone seems to be saying we're limited to 28,500 due to the current planning permission.

I tihnk it's becasue we have an additional 1000 seats to sell to Brighton fans due to Blackpool ony taking 1000, not 2000. Capacity does not change, but the ratio of home to away does :bhasign:

Last edited:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Might help if all the empty seats that I saw from the WSU were all taken. 28,400 ? never in a million years, there were hundreds that were empty, possibly 1,500 around the ground, might even have been more. It never ceases to amaze me how many empty seats there are.

The 'attendance' is given as per tickets sold, not actual attendance on the day.

As for selling out against Blackpool, I think it will depend on the next two results. We are not going to sell out just because more tickets are available to home supporters.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I tihnk it's becasue we have an additional 10 seats to sell to Brighton fans due to Blackpool ony taking 1000, not 2000. Capacity does not change, but the ratio of home to away does :bhasign:

Indeed

As has been said three times now. Some people can't read.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
You can't always hear the singing from different stands due to the acoustics. If you want atmosphere then go to the north stand but be prepared to join in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here