Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extra Blackpool Tickets Available

SeafordBHA

Aug 13, 2011
Gave my ticket to a friend as couldn't go for the first time this season last saturday.

Will be back for the last 2 games so atmosphere will be better again don't worry. :whistle:

Sorry about that.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Only passing on what he said. The question was specifically about the safety certificate and he said categorically not to do with that, they already have it in place to allow for max capacity

I can concur he said the safety certificate is in place now it is to do will planning permission we completed the additional building work ahead of the planning schedule which means we can not use the seats until the council agree that all paper work is correct nothing more than beaurocracy (sp). He seemed very optimistic that we would have 31000 seats available for the Wolves game and play offs when we make it, these are Barbers words not mine.

Also credit to the guy for turning up Tuesday spur of the moment not planned - one other snippet away kit will not be green and black and will not be red, but would not comment on yellow.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
The reasons given by Rugrat were in Barber's notes from the previous game so, at the moment we are restricted to 28,500 (unless the council agree to increase for the last two, possibly three, home games which is probably unlikely). There will of course be empty seats dotted around from people who have a ticket and don't go and the fact that they may be unsold as some of the 28,500 are now in the new areas of seating.

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
So for the play offs we can sell 31,750 seats (minus a few hundred for segregation). We'll all have purchased these individual tickets, so 99.9% of people will turn up.

Bearing this in mind, will the transport plan be upgraded to cope? I'm not having a pop at the club... but it seems to me that the transport plan implemented for the first season at the Amex, where attendances were 20,000ish, is EXACTLY the same as the transport plan for 31,750. Same number of special buses, same train services, same number of coaches etc etc.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
So for the play offs we can sell 31,750 seats (minus a few hundred for segregation). We'll all have purchased these individual tickets, so 99.9% of people will turn up.

Bearing this in mind, will the transport plan be upgraded to cope? I'm not having a pop at the club... but it seems to me that the transport plan implemented for the first season at the Amex, where attendances were 20,000ish, is EXACTLY the same as the transport plan for 31,750. Same number of special buses, same train services, same number of coaches etc etc.

In my experience the trains are much better now for Saturday games, even with the extra crowd.

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011
Might help if all the empty seats that I saw from the WSU were all taken. 28,400 ? never in a million years, there were hundreds that were empty, possibly 1,500 around the ground, might even have been more. It never ceases to amaze me how many empty seats there are.
28,500 means there were 2,250 empty seats so thats ac***** for some of the empty seats,

spoonie

Apr 19, 2011

30,750 is how many seats we have

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
28,500 means there were 2,250 empty seats so thats ac***** for some of the empty seats,
Quite. The completely empty areas are obviously much less than 2,250 - so some of the other empty seats are obviously also due to the limited capacity.

I'd guess these end of season games are being watched by 95% of sold tickets which would be up on the c.90% Amex average.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I was going to say the same. Although one thing for sure, the acoustics at the Amex are strange, if you are in the North Stand you can't hear the away fans that easily, yet if you sit in the middle of the West Stand you can hear both North and Away fans easily. When the whole ground goes off into (the ever dull) AL-BE-ON there isn't another ground in this league to compare it to, and it's getting better.

We have over 20K new (or additional) supporters at the Amex than we ever had at Withdean, Gillingham and all but the last few games in the last years of the Goldstone. They are new, they need to get up to speed, sadly the efforts of the few thousand of us spread out all over the ground are being swallowed up by the size of the stadium. This is always qualified by the age old adage that when a decent size away crowd comes to the Amex they sing together, and make a good noise, likewise when we go away. That said, we're still minnows a bit, when Chelsea were in the WSU, they were by far the loudest we've ever heard at the Amex, this is based on what we heard from our seats in WSM.

It's still early days, and with the North Stand expansion, let's hope some of the togetherness mentality gets them going a bit more than they have up until now, and then, I think you'll see [hear] the rest of the ground lifted too.

Only in the first half! :D

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
The planning permission restricts only about 28,500 seats this season, think it's a bit less then that but then we are splitting hairs. Whilst we might sell more than 28,500 tickets, due to segregation areas + no shows it's highly unlikely we'll get a 28,500 + attendance this season other than a play off semi-final and I doubt anyones going to complain about that one off. The actually attendance of 28,500 tickets sold is probably more like 26,000.

rdigs24

Southampton seagull
Jan 21, 2012
Southampton
Last Saturday was the largest attendance in England on the day, including the four premiership games. So not that shabby really.

Wouldn't it be better to encourage any STHs who end up not attending for whatever reason, pass their tickets onto someone who wants to come (given that the STH will be no worse off than if they left the seat empty, as quite a few did, even on Saturday)?

You USED to be able to do this before BARBER OUT got involved

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here