Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extended highlights - why no Dann's tackle

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The extended highlights show that when Bruno kicked the ball for a cross, it took a deflection off the defender in front of him, which is why the linesman on the west side gave it as a corner when, to the rest of us, it looked like a goal kick. That corner was taken on the west side and led to the second goal.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
This.

Red all day long, especially under the current rules.
Uncontrolled, 2 straight legs, endangering an opponent.

Ref got a yellow out after a micro second, held it in his hand, before a half hearted chat with his fellow bottler. that was knee jerk too tolerant, not wanting to spoil the game.

If we hadn't later destroyed them, this would be a big talking point.

Yup, even after several pints and sitting in the North the ref pulled the yellow out instantly and then had a chat with the Lino. I think in those situations it's gonna be a big call for the ref to change his mind. He saw it, thought it was a yellow and stuck with his decision. I would really like to see it again, is there footage ANYWHERE?

FloatLeft

Jun 12, 2012
There was a fair amount of mistaken identify going on when Scannel (number 7) kept getting booed because he looked similar to Danns from a distance.

Well unless it was because he'd fouled too.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There was a fair amount of mistaken identify going on when Scannel (number 7) kept getting booed because he looked similar to Danns from a distance.

Well unless it was because he'd fouled too.

No it's cos he's also an ex dirty summer...

Jimmy Grimble

Any footage of this yet?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Maybe the reason it hasn't been included in any highlights is the video evidence could be used against him resulting in a ban on top of the yellow card he got ?

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I'm pretty sure Ulloa got his head on the ball but then deflected off the Hudds defender and in, I called an Oggy at the time and stick by it, however it would still go down as Ulloas goal if it was on target, so all is good.

would really like to see that tackle on Hammond again. guess they leave some key points out, so you buy the game by game DVD?

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Eh up Jim nice day for it , nice easy 3 points today against these soft southern types

Aye Stan , could not of put it better myself ,

By ek we are all over em we are bound to score in thy minute

OOOOOft bugger that lanky mexican puts them 1 up with a soft header

By gum that were looky , he was'nt even lookin at ball Jim

Oh my whippets what a ghoul , its a worldy overhead triple salko from Vawn , thats ghoul of the season no doubt

Chuffin nora Stan av creamed me tweeds , a 2nd half full of promise ont cards now lad by ek

intermission

Well Stan here we go for 2nd half how many do you see us winning by ek

Jim dont count thy chickens yet , that noomba 19 looks like he has had a shave and wants it big time

Balderdash n frootgums , that mexican has gorra nother looky header tis 2-1 to the divers

Oh no no no no this cant be happening we have let in another softy am not happy Stan

Dont panic Jim that blonde fairy they just brung on will get sent off for summat and we will win 4-3

Ohhhhhhhh bugga he has fell over int box the daft aipeth ref has given em a spot kick

This is bloody embarrassing Stan lets fook off ta pub

Aye good idea , fookin soft southern looky gets .
:lol:

Maybe the reason it hasn't been included in any highlights is the video evidence could be used against him resulting in a ban on top of the yellow card he got ?
Why would that effect the decision of the tv lot showing it? The FL show doesn't need to care.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:lol:

Why would that effect the decision of the tv lot showing it? The FL show doesn't need to care.

The FLS only shows the red card incidents when they screen 90 seconds of highlights , if it had been the main match it could have been shown and he got into trouble with a misconduct charge. The extended highlights on Seagulls Player might have been edited to remove anything contentious.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The FLS only shows the red card incidents when they screen 90 seconds of highlights , if it had been the main match it could have been shown and he got into trouble with a misconduct charge. The extended highlights on Seagulls Player might have been edited to remove anything contentious.

I think there's a subtle reason why it wasn't shown... because it didn't lead to a red card. If it had, it would of course been shown. As it didn't it was (as far as the TV people were concerned) just another tackle, and one of half a dozen yellow cards shown.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here