Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Extended highlights - why no Dann's tackle

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
His laptop which was recording the radio commentary stopped recording for some reason so he had to settle for Humphries and Brooker again...

I genuinely have no idea how Bob Brooker managed to keep his job, he's repetitive, dull, can barely utter a coherent sentence without throwing a cockney rhyming slang in there and interrupts Tim when he's talking. Worse than Aspinall if you ask me!

The Cyclone! Cyclone, the cyclone's got on the end of that, cyclone, the Cyclone looks fully fit now. Cyclone, Cyclone.

FFS Bob, yes it is his nickname but you cannot use it every time you refer to Ulloa. It is so annoying.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Bob Booker is exactly what I want for a home team commentary. "straight into the onion" :lolol:

Anyone tried the Huddersfield player to see if they showed it?

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I'd quite like to see that tackle again and see if it was as bad as it looked at the time. From where I was it looked like both feet came off the ground in a late lunging tackle and I was stunned it wasn't a straight red

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Would of been good to see it again but it would of only been pivotal if he had been sent off surely!

Might have been pivotal if we hadn't won with ease,though I guess that ease could have been sooner had he got his marching orders,which should have happened.

There were other yellow cards in the game,with equal consequence to those who received them,which seems a bit daft.Perhaps a system of GCSE grading should be introduced,so that 6 Nations challenges that don't get a red should be awarded a yellow *.

But Huddersfield were awful,looked unfit....and surely not fit for the Championship ?

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Do that in the premier league and Alan Shearer will dedicate at least three minutes to multi-angle analysis of the incident, although it probably would be deemed "controversial" rather than pivotal.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I'd quite like to see that tackle again and see if it was as bad as it looked at the time. From where I was it looked like both feet came off the ground in a late lunging tackle and I was stunned it wasn't a straight red

I was sat right in line with where the tackle was made, albeit in the WSU. I thought at the time that it was ONE FOOTED although the studs on that foot WERE showing. I've not seen a replay of it since to see if i was right. I commented to the couple of guys around me that the reason he may not have been sent off was if the ref saw it as one footed rather than two, but i'm not sure of the rules in that much detail.

I also called Ulloa's first goal as an OG at the time. I still can't tell from Seagulls player if it was or not.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Right in front of me, that. Red card all day long - how the ref can see it, then speak to his linesman, then still issue a yellow, is completely beyond me.

Just below the knee, studs up, on the shin of Hammond's standing leg. Very lucky he didn't snap it like a twig - an absolutely cast-iron red card, but he won't even face further action 'coz the ref 'dealt' with it during the game.

In the end, though, I was quite pleased he stayed on to 'enjoy' the result in full.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Agreed. Commenter and bob booker AWFUL. Sling the radio commentary on there

you are joking I hope
the commentary on player (the same as on radio Sussex) is,....... now I don't want to get nasty here but its soporific the sort of thing you play when you want to sleep
Tim Humphries and Bob Booker are better by far than the other two although not perfect
now the bloke who does the Crawley commentary gives it the lot screaming ever time Crawely get near the oppositions goal he whoever he is and Bob Booker might be a better combination

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Should have been a red. I felt the officials knew it and therefore gave us everything thereafter including the penalty and the weird corner for the second goal. Unusually I think the fact they bottled it still had an effect on the game but I'd still like to see the incident again. It was indoubtedly a major talking point.

Ah, right. They felt guilty!

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Ah, right. They felt guilty!

Have you never heard of a ref tryinbg to "level it up"? Do you not think previous decisions influence others? I know it shouldn't happen, but it blatantly does. Check the thread about the ref being a homer from Saturday. I'm not the only one who noticed that everything went our way after THAT tackle.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
QUOTE=yxee;5548019]Bob Booker is exactly what I want for a home team commentary. "straight into the onion" :lolol:

Anyone tried the Huddersfield player to see if they showed it?[/QUOTE]

Yes , here is a sample and the reason teams dont show extended highlights north of watford when they lose .

Eh up Jim nice day for it , nice easy 3 points today against these soft southern types

Aye Stan , could not of put it better myself ,

By ek we are all over em we are bound to score in thy minute

OOOOOft bugger that lanky mexican puts them 1 up with a soft header

By gum that were looky , he was'nt even lookin at ball Jim

Oh my whippets what a ghoul , its a worldy overhead triple salko from Vawn , thats ghoul of the season no doubt

Chuffin nora Stan av creamed me tweeds , a 2nd half full of promise ont cards now lad by ek

intermission

Well Stan here we go for 2nd half how many do you see us winning by ek

Jim dont count thy chickens yet , that noomba 19 looks like he has had a shave and wants it big time

Balderdash n frootgums , that mexican has gorra nother looky header tis 2-1 to the divers

Oh no no no no this cant be happening we have let in another softy am not happy Stan

Dont panic Jim that blonde fairy they just brung on will get sent off for summat and we will win 4-3

Ohhhhhhhh bugga he has fell over int box the daft aipeth ref has given em a spot kick

This is bloody embarrassing Stan lets fook off ta pub

Aye good idea , fookin soft southern looky gets .

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Have you never heard of a ref tryinbg to "level it up"? Do you not think previous decisions influence others? I know it shouldn't happen, but it blatantly does. Check the thread about the ref being a homer from Saturday. I'm not the only one who noticed that everything went our way after THAT tackle.

Yes, of course I get it - not being at the match, I wasn't aware of what went on after that. Of course, a red card would also have been a pivotal moment.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I was sat right in line with where the tackle was made, albeit in the WSU. I thought at the time that it was ONE FOOTED although the studs on that foot WERE showing. I've not seen a replay of it since to see if i was right. I commented to the couple of guys around me that the reason he may not have been sent off was if the ref saw it as one footed rather than two, but i'm not sure of the rules in that much detail.

I also called Ulloa's first goal as an OG at the time. I still can't tell from Seagulls player if it was or not.

My mate said the same and still thinks it was an OG...

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Right in front of me, that. Red card all day long - how the ref can see it, then speak to his linesman, then still issue a yellow, is completely beyond me.

Just below the knee, studs up, on the shin of Hammond's standing leg. Very lucky he didn't snap it like a twig - an absolutely cast-iron red card, but he won't even face further action 'coz the ref 'dealt' with it during the game.

In the end, though, I was quite pleased he stayed on to 'enjoy' the result in full.

This.

Red all day long, especially under the current rules.
Uncontrolled, 2 straight legs, endangering an opponent.

Ref got a yellow out after a micro second, held it in his hand, before a half hearted chat with his fellow bottler. that was knee jerk too tolerant, not wanting to spoil the game.

If we hadn't later destroyed them, this would be a big talking point.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
My mate said the same and still thinks it was an OG...

It was difficult to see in a crowded box , the camera behind the goal clearly shows Spanish Len getting his noggin on the ball.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here