Explosion in Shoreham

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dec 29, 2011
Getting out of the car doesn't equal bunk. Getting out of flaming car is surely common sense.

I know one of the drivers (Who wasn't named in the article) and I can confirm he is an absolute cretin, dumb as you like and frankly it doesn't surprise me.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Typical, don't find things like that happening in the posh part of shoreham

I was working just a few minutes walk from the station in Shoreham many years ago and while waiting for the bus home my mate commented on a bi-plane that was making a rather spluttering noise just above us 30 seconds into the bus ride we passed a house that the plane landed on plane and house were alight and I am sure I read later that both the people in the plane died and the house had just been vacated as the owners were moving
whether you would consider that the posh part of Shoreham I am not sure

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Piper in the Roof at Dawn (well late afternoon)

I was working just a few minutes walk from the station in Shoreham many years ago and while waiting for the bus home my mate commented on a bi-plane that was making a rather spluttering noise just above us 30 seconds into the bus ride we passed a house that the plane landed on plane and house were alight and I am sure I read later that both the people in the plane died and the house had just been vacated as the owners were moving

Shoreham areas are so posh they go on holidays. On two well known occasions they came home to find someone had parked an aircraft in their roof.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle

That was in Buckingham Road.....used to be quite posh in those days. Now it is just a car-park for commuters.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That's a bunk, but the only other report I'd seen was that he was lying in the road.

This was me interviewing the witnesses. Casual. I had not read any reports at the time.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
That was in Buckingham Road.....used to be quite posh in those days. Now it is just a car-park for commuters.

At least the Oxford Street of Shoreham Monopoly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports