Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Explosion in Shoreham

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Give way to oncoming vehicles

545298_10151163788479065_1908357646_n.jpg

Going east. Driver and passenger did a bunk. Passenger still running. Kids took a video, so this might be published later.

Beirut is Southwick south of the railway line.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Old Fort Road always looked a bit posh when you drove by - some really nice houses but a bit bleak in the winter I would think

shoreham beach is a town of its own ..least they like to think that way....might as well be with no footbridge and the time it takes to get over the norfolk bridge some days

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
552318_10151104606096500_1600920024_n.jpg

All feeling parochial. Shoreham Beach is now called Isle of Shoram, bit like Canvey and Pompey, cf. Purbeck.

Conspiracy theory says the van was carrying explosives designed to blow up the Royal Coach and make a river tributary to cut off the Beach from the mainland.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
28767_10151163786104065_1157492413_n.jpg

Dog unit, of course, to track down the fugitive.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
North of the Upper Shoreham Road is the only place to be in Shoreham-by-Sea.

There are many big old places above the Red Lion.... Lesser Foxholes area..... the beach has posh people, but its not really all that anymore... maybe thirty years ago.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
How can anywhere with the nickname "Share 'em" have a posh bit ???

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
shoreham beach is a town of its own ..least they like to think that way....might as well be with no footbridge and the time it takes to get over the norfolk bridge some days

Took Chris Evans in his stupendous antique Bentley, with me behind him, about 30 seconds on Thursday

Shoreham Gull

Nov 3, 2012
Westdene
Parts of Shoreham Beach, Buckingham Road, Windlesham Road / Gardens, Mill Lane, some parts north of the Upper Shoreham Road. I like Shoreham. :thumbsup:

Yes this is the best part of shoreham-by-sea, if moving there.. not keen on shoreham beach as cut off by 1 road in and out...

I'm a windlesham gardens boy, my dad lives there..

Worst end of shoreham is other side of Buckingham road or eastern avenue area and to southwick!,,,,,

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Very deluded comment lol, :laugh:
lived there when I was born.. Must live there yourself to think its best part of shoreham?
Lesser foxholes area and upper shoreham roads is nice area

Lesser Foxholes is nice ..but wouldn't call them posh...I know a fair few who live there..u'd be surprised ..nice peeps though

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Yes this is the best part of shoreham-by-sea, if moving there.. not keen on shoreham beach as cut off by 1 road in and out...

I'm a windlesham gardens boy, my dad lives there..

Worst end of shoreham is other side of Buckingham road or eastern avenue area and to southwick!,,,,,

I do a couple of gardens in Windlesham....nice big houses ..but not what I would call posh

half time scores

Mar 19, 2012
Lounging-on-the-chintz
Hello WC Fields here it has come to my attention that someone has been using one of my jokes on this thread.
Is this true?

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
Very deluded comment lol, :laugh:
lived there when I was born.. Must live there yourself to think its best part of shoreham?
Lesser foxholes area and upper shoreham roads is nice area

Deluded but you agree with it? ???

Said in semi-jest. No offence meant :thumbsup:

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
...to be able to hear the noise from the A27 bypass 24 hours a day?

Depends which way the wind is blowing. And it makes a nice change from the seagulls squawking.

Darwin award contender!?

Duo hurt as firework van explodes From The Argus)

Two men suffered burns after one threw the end of a cigarette into a pile of fireworks in their van.

The pair were driving in Shoreham when they lost control of the vehicle and crashed off the road.

One of the men then discarded his lit cigarette into the back of the van, which was filled with fireworks.

Fuel, the cigarette and the bangers combined and the van was soon engulfed in flames as fireworks started to go off.

Witnesses described hearing the fireworks “explode” following the incident in Middle Road at 3.20pm on Friday, November 9, outside a park.

One of the people in the van was named locally as 22-year-old Omar Wright, who was taken to hospital.

His 16-year-old sister, Jerrilee Wright, of Adelaide Square, Shoreham, said her brother was taken in for treatment to see if he needed a skin graft.

Jerrilee said she initially feared her brother had been killed.

She said: “His arms have been burnt but his face was scorched.

“His arm tattoo has been burnt off.

“He was with another man called Dale.

“I think they crashed and one of them lit a cigarette and it started the fire. His mini motorbike and fireworks were in the back.”

A witness said: “I was down the road and I could see the flames.

“There was banging and I could hear the fireworks exploding in the van.”

Kelly Ratcliffe, who lives with her partner Matt Knight in Middle Road, Shoreham, ran outside after hearing a bang.

Mr Knight said: “She said the van went up after it hit a post.”

A Sussex Police spokesman confirmed they attended the incident and “fireworks and fuel” were involved.

A West Sussex Fire and Rescue spokesman added: “There was a fire and fireworks were involved.

“The van and motorcycle in it were 100% damaged.

“Two breathing apparatus were used. It was accidental ignition and two men suffered burns.”

Yesterday the area was marked off by cones.

The ground was scorched and a pole was taped off.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
View attachment 36189

Going east. Driver and passenger did a bunk. Passenger still running. Kids took a video, so this might be published later.

Beirut is Southwick south of the railway line.

driver didnt do a bunk,he was very lucky,just had a 180 quid new tattoo done which is ruined due to a very bad burn,he had a mini moto bike and had over filled the tank,it had sloped out,then a passenger lit a fag

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Smoking is Bad for your Health

driver didnt do a bunk,he was very lucky,just had a 180 quid new tattoo done which is ruined due to a very bad burn,he had a mini moto bike and had over filled the tank,it had sloped out,then a passenger lit a fag

I deduced this is what might have happened. The Argus report corresponds with the eye witness and partly hearsay reports. Both got out of the car (=bunk). Witnesses said the driver was lying in the road.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here