Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Expectations 23/24

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
I expect the trains to be shite, flat beer, the same amount of steps up to my seat in WSU, the same miserable tosser that I have to sit next too being even more miserable, pies with even less meat!!! But hey its The Albion and I can't wait to be there! Oh and another 6 points off Chelsea!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Top 10 with a long run in Europe.
The normal suspects will throw their toys out of the pram that we drop a few league places

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
It's about time we progressed out of the group stages in the Papa John's trophy,other than that I'd happily take another season like last season.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
League Top 8
Europa League Knockout stage at least
FA Cup 5th Rd at least
League Cup May have the depth to give this a good go Finalists/Winner

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Let's not kid ourselves, expectations are going to be through the roof. I fully expect this place to be absolute throat slitting misery when we have a couple of bad results
If we don't beat Luton it will be full on meltdown after only having played a single game.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Having had his first pre-season and transfer window where the club are willing to splash the cash, I think RDZ will deliver another classic season.

EPL - Top 6 (again)
Europa. - 1/4 finals
League Cup - 4th round
FA Cup - 1/2 final again

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Expectations are we’ll avoid relegation (sorry that’s ingrained in me as a Brighton fan of a few years!realisticaly, i think other teams will find a way of countering dezerbiball but we will have improved at it. Can’t believe Liverpool and Chelsea will struggle again so badly so I think it will be a tougher league.

But we will have fun!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
- Consolidation as a respectably-placed top ten EPL side

- Further progress made by the young uns following their breakthrough 22/23 season

- Gain a lot of new admirers in Europe

Not that fussed about the domestic cup competitions this time around. As others have said, all roads invariably lead to Man City and disappointment

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Important not to do a West Ham and be looking over our shoulder far too deep into the season, which would probably mess up any push for trophies. Who really knows how this whole Europa League business is going to go?

Europa League! I still have to pinch myself. :)
I'd be very happy if we did what West Ham did in 21-22 season.

They finished 7th in PL, 5th round of FA Cup, QF of League Cup and Semi Finals of Europa League. We are better than that West Ham side as well so no reason we couldn't aim to emulate that.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Hopefully something similar to last season with a bit of Europe thrown in for good measure. The extra games and losing one (or two) of our best midfielders makes me a little wary of what could happen. Honestly though, from where we’ve come from, this is all dream land.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
I expect the rollercoaster to continue... some disappointments, some huge highs and hopefully a lot of fun with family and friends along the way.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
Prem - 8th - 14th
Europa - get out the group , 1/4s at a push
FA - quarters
league - not deep as per our history

The above for me would be success and a fantastic season

Buzzing for the Europa

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Win the Sussex Senior cup.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Surprised that so many see us quickly slipping back to mid-table. It can’t last forever but I expect this golden age to last at least as long as RDZ does. When he goes we may be in trouble.

We’re not the only ones with new European commitments — I wouldn’t be surprised to overtake Newcastle this season and I don’t expect Arsenal to finish in top 2 again. You have to suppose that at least one of Chelsea/Tottenham to revive a bit but would still hope to fend them off.

So for me it’s 5th or 6th in the league. Progress past the group stage of EL but after that it’s anyone’s guess who we’re drawn against. Same with FA/League Cups. Impossible to predict. We could be drawn against City in FAC3 or get a run of lower league sides. Who knows.

The biggest expectation and hope for me is seeing the young players continue to develop. The biggest worry is seeing 'De Zerbi ball' spread to other clubs and be less of a competitive advantage.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here