Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Expectations 23/24

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Expectations are we’ll avoid relegation (sorry that’s ingrained in me as a Brighton fan of a few years!realisticaly, i think other teams will find a way of countering dezerbiball but we will have improved at it. Can’t believe Liverpool and Chelsea will struggle again so badly so I think it will be a tougher league.

But we will have fun!!
It will be interesting to see if and how teams counter DZball. At the moment it's a game of dare on the edge of the box with similar numbers of players. There will always be teams who are quicker thinking than our players, but when this is not the case, teams will surely need to commit more players and then it will get more fun.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Premier League - solid mid table is fine by me
Europa League - would just like to win a game TBH, anything else a bonus
FA / EFL Cup - just don’t embarrass ourselves

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
On th one hand I'd just he delighted with a top half finish and a positive feel around the club, on the other I'd be very concerned about not qualifying for Europe and a nass exodus next Summer. I do think we can do very well in Europe and I also think there's probably 9 teams this season who could get top four so it's very exciting.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Top 8 would be nice and making the knockout rounds in the Europa league. Say quarter finals

of course all arse spuds and bloody roubles club want us to fail and go back to where we belong as we have become self entitled arrogant mouthy twats, but what will be will be

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Not sure what I expect, but I’m pretty certain the person that matters most, RDZ, will be looking to equal or better our league position and win a cup, and will be challenging the rest of the club to match his ambition.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
On th one hand I'd just he delighted with a top half finish and a positive feel around the club, on the other I'd be very concerned about not qualifying for Europe and a nass exodus next Summer. I do think we can do very well in Europe and I also think there's probably 9 teams this season who could get top four so it's very exciting.
A mass exodus of players concerns you? You have been following Chelsea’s attempts at trying to do a deal with TB.

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I'd take 9-12th and earlyish exits in both domestic cups, but with a minimum SF in either the Europa or Conference League should we finish 3rd.

With the likes of West Ham and Rangers getting to Finals and Leicester reaching a SF in the last 2 years, it's not beyond us.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
We need to keep Moises. We need to try and get one LCB/LB as good as Colwill (or Colwill). If TB can pull these rabbits out the hat then I think we will achieve ....

PL - 5th placed finish
Europa - At least last 4
FA and league cup. A semi in one of these.

Plus some absolutely scintillating football along the way.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here