Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

****Exeter City v Brighton and Hove Albion Official Match Thread****

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
"Brighton's last minute winner is a bit of a bummer, but they've been inconsistent really. If we carry on like that, we will get them over the rest of the season"

So, we've been inconsistent? f***ing good job for the rest of the league 1 teams then or we'd be out of sight by now. They seem to think that all they have to do is keep winning to get by us-our results mean nothing then?I'm happy for it to be in our hands-all we need do is match the chasing pack result by result and there's nothing they can do. Not rocket science is it?

Last edited:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
???

If you asked any Brighton fan or commentator if they thought Brighton had what it takes to start next season in the Championship their answer would probably be "err, yes".

If you asked Stephen Hawking if he thought Brighton had what it takes to start next season in the Championship his answer would probably be "err, yes".

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I find it odd that Southampton fans are even looking at our result when they have so many teams in sight below them, that they'll probably drop out of the top two as soon as they fail to win a game.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Argh Exeter you muppets :(
Fantastic result for you lot.

Muppets? But surely you knew that anyway? You chaps were only telling us in the early pages of this thread how utterly shit they were, don't you remember? :p

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
One of them mentioned how tight this division is. Well I suppose it is to them but we're six points clear of second and +6 goals, not as tight as it could be.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I find it odd that Southampton fans are even looking at our result when they have so many teams in sight below them, that they'll probably drop out of the top two as soon as they fail to win a game.

Hmmm, I seem to recall there were at least three Saints related threads bouncing around here at some point over this weekend.

Let's just assume that plenty of people on here are taking an interested in their position, just as plenty of their fans are assuming it's merely a matter of time before they streak past us.

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
hmm, seems that sotons fans forum cannot handle a large amount of people online at any time. Maybe time for us to sit there with a thread full of images open next week and keep hitting refresh ;) Maybe because their forum is so slow they come on here for a forum they can post on :)

Great result and shows we can turn it on and grind the results out.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
hmm, seems that sotons fans forum cannot handle a large amount of people online at any time. Maybe time for us to sit there with a thread full of images open next week and keep hitting refresh ;) Maybe because their forum is so slow they come on here for a forum they can post on :)

Great result and shows we can turn it on and grind the results out.

haha saw that one as well :p

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
"Brighton's last minute winner is a bit of a bummer, but they've been inconsistent really. If we carry on like that, we will get them over the rest of the season"

So inconsistent that we've lost three times in 22 league games this season. A 1-1 draw when playing 85 minutes against promotion contenders with only 10 men, a 5-0 victory over one of the division's in-form teams and an away win against a side with one of the best home records - if only we could string a couple of results together! :)

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
For those who went today, how did you rate Noone's first game?

Just back from the game. Noone looked really good in the first half, great touch and full of running -for me he looked the best player on the pitch, but he faded in the second half. Murray was superb, chased everything and scored the equaliser - man of the match.

Exeter feel hard done by not to get a point and they looked a good passing side, outpassing us at times.

A very useful three points for the Albion.

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
...quite ominous for the other teams in this league! Table is looking good now, couple of results could have been better but on the large - the pack behind us is now much further away. :)

err that'll be 1 point behind then! You would have thought they had been 2nd for weeks not a few days....

all of their postponed games are away, so is their rearranged match for 3rd round cup this week. That means they have 4 mid-week away games to fit in over the coming months so hopefully that'll sort them out...

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Just back from the game. Noone looked really good in the first half, great touch and full of running -for me he looked the best player on the pitch, but he faded in the second half. Murray was superb, chased everything and scored the equaliser - man of the match.

Exeter feel hard done by not to get a point and they looked a good passing side, outpassing us at times.

Indeed other top will come unstuck there this season. Good luck to Exeter doing this too :)

LondonSaint

Apr 2, 2010
1st and 2nd

Greetings Seagulls.

Great win for you boys today.

I personally hope we both go up automaticaly, the recent spat between a few of yours and ours will hopefully end.

Would love to see us play you next season at yours in your new ground and in the championship-what a cracking atmos. that would be.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Greetings Seagulls.

I personally hope we both go up automaticaly, the recent spat between a few of yours and ours will hopefully end.

Would love to see us play you next season at yours in your new ground and in the championship-what a cracking atmos. that would be.

Thankyou, and fully agree :)

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Greetings Seagulls.

If we finish above you, we will go up automatically, if we are the team one place below you come the end of the season, we will go up.
IMO its between us and Saints to win the title, and we're currently ahead, but size of squads has yet to be really challenged. Lets face it, when Lua Lua left us through injury the lack of a replacement was clear, and we started to fall away.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West

Spot on. Noone was excellent first half, but we gave the ball away rather too much for my liking. Exeter were easily the best side I've seen us play this season...if they could play like that away they would be right up there. Gus made just the right substitutions, and I was very impressed by Wood when he came on - great news if we have him til the end of the season. Both our goals were excellent, but special mention for Barnes', which he could easily have blazed over but placed excellently beyond their keeper (who was very good, by the way).
Fantastic end-to-end football for the last twenty minutes or so....a really exhilarating match, and a priceless three points.

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010

sounds like a good game of football :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here