Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exeter City v Brighton and Hove Albion “Official match thread”

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I was at the match, it's great to get 3 points, to be honest we weren't that impressive today.

The first half was poor, hardly any goal-mouth action and both teams seemed to cancel each other out. Albion seemed to lack any imagination going forward.

The second half was more lively. We began to get the ball in the box more often, the goal was very well taken, a great moment for the 607 Seagulls fans getting drenched in the open away end.

Brezovan was very impressive, MOTM for me. Tunnicliffe was our only other stand out player, Forster worked hard as usual, but we didn't look likely to score for most of the match. Bringing on Dickinson for Murray gave us that little extra that might have made the difference in the end. Exeter started the match brightly and looking dangerous, but they seemed to run out of ideas and fade as the match went on.
I'd agree with that. Exeter actually looked a decent team, but toothless in attack. If they had a Forster they would be up near the playoffs on todays evidence.

Clean sheet and three points, it doesn't come much better.

SEAGULLS

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
keeper saved the pen and being 8 foot tall dominated the box - solid, but never really tested

we were lucy to come away from there with one point, let alone all three. exeter will stay up easily if they turn posession into goals, and that is the only reason our defence wasnt shown up for the joke that it is. we on the other hand were desparately poor - thankfully, we kept going until the end and scraped all 3 points. do that against teams around us and we will stay up, but it will still be a long old season with plenty of disapointment along the way

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Let it be known, McNulty cutting back onto his weaker foot and delivering an inch perfect cross put it on a plate for Crofts to get a shot on goal, but his header was sublime. When was the last time one of our (I use the word lightly) 'real' wingers put a decent ball in with their weaker foot? Dean Cox, eat your heart out. Jimmy Mac :bowdown:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here