Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exeter City v Brighton and Hove Albion “Official match thread”

Jake Manthorpe

You anoy me
Jan 3, 2008
Whitehawk
give some credit to poyet.
i'm sure i wasn't the only one bemused by the dicker - mcnulty substution.
but it paid off. the goal came from a mcnulty delap like throw in. get in Brighton!!

Jordy

Exiled Seagull
Dec 1, 2009
String a good run of wins and we'll soon be in the play off shake up

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wish I could find threads to quote as many were on here early season saying why did we want Crofts who was only good enough for Wrexham in the Conf and not Gillingham in Div 1. At the time I said he was playing for Dean Saunders to keep fit and play football and was better than that, and he is now proving it COME ON CROFTS.

Those people should be eating humble pie in big portions.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
give some credit to poyet.
i'm sure i wasn't the only one bemused by the dicker - mcnulty substution.
but it paid off. the goal came from a mcnulty delap like throw in. get in Brighton!!

I was confused, but I took Paul's explanation of McNulty as an attacking option on the left wing. But I then questioned why he left it so late (after waiting until the 85 minute to go three up front on tuesday), but in retrospect, leaving it so late reduces how much time they have to reply (and how long we have to try to hold on).

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Lucky escape for us today! According to the BBC stats Exeter had six shots on target (twice as many as Naarwitch on Tuesday) - so last week it might have been 4 or 5 - 1 to them.......................

You can tell Gus is going to be a good manager - putting a GK in goal who makes saves.....sound thinking that, that must be why we're paying him!

simon195

Sep 11, 2007
i take my hat of to the albion today, the non stop pressure in 2nd half paid off nice, fantastic team effort !!! five stars*****

Tony Towner's Fridge

Aug 22, 2003
GLASGOW,SCOTLAND,UK
This year I have been abroad 7 times and in those seven time the ALbion have yet to lose. P6 W 4 D 2 L 0. Brillliant! Alas I have to return on Tuesday but hey roll on Easter and two weeks abroad.

TNBA

TTF

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Nice to get the three points of course. But we struggled to win against a side that was in League 2 last season. If we string a few wins together then it proves we are starting to make headway. But until Gus gets his chance to go shopping in January I fear wins will be the exception.

Exmouth Seagull

Sep 11, 2003
I was at the match, it's great to get 3 points, to be honest we weren't that impressive today.

The first half was poor, hardly any goal-mouth action and both teams seemed to cancel each other out. Albion seemed to lack any imagination going forward.

The second half was more lively. We began to get the ball in the box more often, the goal was very well taken, a great moment for the 607 Seagulls fans getting drenched in the open away end.

Brezovan was very impressive, MOTM for me. Tunnicliffe was our only other stand out player, Forster worked hard as usual, but we didn't look likely to score for most of the match. Bringing on Dickinson for Murray gave us that little extra that might have made the difference in the end. Exeter started the match brightly and looking dangerous, but they seemed to run out of ideas and fade as the match went on.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
This year I have been abroad 7 times and in those seven time the ALbion have yet to lose. P6 W 4 D 2 L 0. Brillliant! Alas I have to return on Tuesday but hey roll on Easter and two weeks abroad.

TNBA

TTF

No offence TTF but can you 'do one' right away - we need the points!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here