Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Exclusion of a fan following incident at Brighton v Crystal Palace 27/09/11 [Merged]

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
Look whether you like it or not it ain't going to happen. It should, of course it should but there is no chance of an apology from said person/people so it's best to move on now imo.

Thank goodness the people campaigning for our new stadium or to save our club back in 96-97 didn't take that attitude.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am just trying to save you more aggro and hassle. I agree with you but it's not going to happen.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
The best idea to keep this on the front page (as it should be until the Club make a proper statement) is to remind Drew of how out of touch and incorrct he is with this situation.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Just curious, but is this fan who received the ban thought to have behaved in a correct manner, or an understandable manner (and wasn't it in his response to an irresponsible goading?)

Been a while since I read the commission's findings but from what I remember they found it impossible to tell exactly what happened, but don't believe the brighton fan physically attacked the palace fan (in the palace fan's report he only said he feared an attack, not that one had happened), but accept there was a confrontation after the brighton fan walked the long way out due to the nearest exit being too busy, which he apparently does often. That it was probably exacerbated by the palace fan mistaking the brighton fan that confronted him with one of the other brighton fans who had threatened him/abused him from afar earlier in the match (leading to the palace fan taking a more aggressive response to the confrontation, and adding to his supposed fear).

I seem to remember an intimation that confronting the fan was frowned on by the commission, but that they accepted it was not expected to occur again, that the brighton fan's history of good behaviour and suggesting he would be deterred due to the expulsion and the difficulties following it getting it overturned.

They also drew parallels in the severity of the incident to two other case that received 3 or four match bans, and highlighted this incident equated to a much larger ban (9? 14? games)

Last edited:

Been a while since I read the commission's findings but from what I remember they found it impossible to tell exactly what happened, but don't believe the brighton fan physically attacked the palace fan (in the palace fan's report he only said he feared an attack, not that one had happened), but accept there was a confrontation after the brighton fan walked the long way out due to the nearest exit being too busy, which he apparently does often. That it was probably exacerbated by the palace fan mistaking the brighton fan that confronted him with one of the other brighton fans who had threatened him/abused him from afar earlier in the match (leading to the palace fan taking a more aggressive response to the confrontation, and adding to his supposed fear).

I seem to remember an intimation that confronting the fan was frowned on by the commission, but that they accepted it was not expected to occur again, that the brighton fan's history of good behaviour and suggesting he would be deterred due to the expulsion and the difficulties following it getting it overturned.

They also drew parallels in the severity of the incident to two other case that received 3 or four match bans, and highlighted this incident equated to a much larger ban (9? 14? games)

Thanks, much appreciated

Nov 20, 2003
hove
If you look at Lord Bs question to insider that says it all really ,not blaming insider he has to do what he has to do ,but the time and effort Lord B put in to get falmer and they couldnt even give him a response it really is a sorry state , what if Lord B and all the other didnt bother when petitioning Presscott ect short memories me thinks

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I'm afraid the club now sees itself as too big for its individual supporters , particularly when their views or actions do not confirm with the "official" view!

Agreed but this was always going to happen after moving to Falmer and the club climbing up the ladder of success and prosperity.

If you look at Lord Bs question to insider that says it all really ,not blaming insider he has to do what he has to do ,but the time and effort Lord B put in to get falmer and they couldnt even give him a response it really is a sorry state , what if Lord B and all the other didnt bother when petitioning Presscott ect short memories me thinks
There seems to be a few people on this thread who are seeking some sort of retribution, following what happened. My question to Insider isn't asking for that. All I've asked is whether the Club will make a statement, in response to a specific recommendation of the Independent Football Ombudsman.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Good point. I am particularly disappointed at Paul Camillin's attempts to brush all this under the carpet and act as if it never happened.

To be honest he couldn't "rock the boat".

Feb 21, 2012
There seems to be a few people on this thread who are seeking some sort of retribution, following what happened. My question to Insider isn't asking for that. All I've asked is whether the Club will make a statement, in response to a specific recommendation of the Independent Football Ombudsman.

I'm not sure about retribution, but at least a reaction would be nice!

It's no secret I'm in favour of publicly lynching RH, but failing that at VERY least the club could issue an apology.

Nov 20, 2003
hove
I like you Lord B would just like to hear a statement that in future a more balanced approach can be taken and that mistakes were made ,not looking for a lynch mob just some comunication to the fans it would really help to stop a lot of rumour and speculation and show the club in a better light over this matter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here